SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : confession, what and how

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
david23

confession, what and how

hi,
i am a christian.. i hope... still...
i have been following for 4 years.

a few months ago i slipped backwards abit and damaged my parents new car (they aren´t christian). i told them that i slipped on something that was on the road. in actual fact i was speeding and the only thing i did slip on was the road. the damage was au $2700.

i had confessed my sin to Christ asking for his forgiveness, and for a while now i have been stronger in god than ever. but just recently this sin has come back to haunt me. everytime i think of God, talking to him, or other christians i feel this conviction inside, as though i havent completly been forgiven.

my question is, is there something else i should have done?

2004/8/31 9:29Profile
Delboy

Worthing UK

Re: confession, what and how

Hi David,I think the best way forward is to come clean with your folks

Quote:
i told them that i slipped on something that was on the road. in actual fact i was speeding and the only thing i did slip on was the road.

Maybe this is why you feel under conviction still, go on friend, make a resolve before god to finish it all
It might not be easy but well worth it in the end. :-)

2004/8/31 9:42Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Welcome to SI David. Once we sin against someone, we not only have to confess our sin to God and repent, we must confess this sin to whomever we offended. I suggest you come clean with your parents and use your confession as an opportunity to share your faith in Christ.

The Holy Spirit has been convicted me of a sin that involves you and I must confess it. Once you do this, this burden will lift. God bless you brother.

2004/8/31 9:47Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Hi David,I think the best way forward is to come clean with your folks

An interesting idiom that... to come clean.

2004/8/31 10:28Profile
Delboy

Worthing UK

Re: iron sharpens...

Ron, its the first day after a public holiday here in England once again a post from you that sets the cogs a grinding !

2004/8/31 11:20Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

David, welcome to SI, grace and peace to you.
Here's a few verses for you to consider concerning this matter;

(1Ti 1:19) Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck:

(Act 24:16) And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, [b]and toward men.[/b]

Also, may I suggest that you listen to an excellent message from Zac Poonen titled [i]A Clear Conscience[/i], you can download it [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=4252]HERE[/url]

In Christ,

Ron

2004/8/31 11:33Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy