PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Anger or Anointing? by Robert Wurtz

[b]Anger or Anointing?[/b]
[i]by Robert Wurtz[/i]

A Response to the Behavior of Fred Phelps and Like Teachers and Preachers

I recently responded to a series of videos that was brought to my attention by a man increasingly difficult to ignore, Fred Phelps. In one video I watched, Phelps at the end said to the effect that, "I am sometimes almost overcome with indignation..." at the sin that he sees, etc. We need to ask ourselves, is what we are hearing the result of Holy Spirit empowerment or some other spirit. It is an important question because impressionable minds have taken up radical ways to try to preach on sin, righteousness and judgment to come.

In my first response I wrote:

Beware Beloved!

I truly believe that one of the primary purposes of God visiting us in Barnsdall, OK was to challenge what seems to be an unloving and unmerciful spirit that will poison us as individuals and as groups of various kinds if we do not discern and forsake it. You will note that both the Sadducees, Pharisees and certain of the disciples had a very unloving 'spirit' about them before they received the Holy Spirit.

They did not like children.
They did not like prostitutes.
They did not like Publicans.
They did not like Herodians.
They did not like sinners in general.
They would pass by a beaten man with no compassion.
They would request FIRE to fall from heaven on those that rejected Christ.
(Just to name a few)

And what did our Lord say, you know not what manor of spirit you are of. There is a bitterness and an angry spirit that is not the Holy Spirit and that lies at the door of every revival and repentance preachers doorstep. If we do not master it we will become a 'version' of Phelps. Whether it be a 'Phelps' a 'Phelps lite' or a 'Phelps extra lite' that angry, bitter ungodly poison will manifest.

That poison spirit seems to manifest greatly in Phelps so-called ministry. I'm trying to play the ball and not the man here. Is what we see the fruit of the Spirit? We will know them NOT by their willingness to preach righteousness, holiness, hell, judgment, etc. but by their fruits. Do men gather grapes among prickly stabbing thorns?

We must know that the wrath of man does not work the righteousness of God. The FIRE of anger is not the FIRE of the Holy Spirit. When one cannot discern the difference between anger and unction there is a move into the earthy, sensual and demonic. It seems to me to be the fire of hell that is being used to PREACH hell. Beloved, this ought not so to be.

But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace. (James 3)

I further responded:

We have an obligation not just to reckon with the merits of any argument, but to discern the spirit by which that message is being presented.

Let your moderation be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. (Php. 4:5)

To defend the immoderate behavior of Phelps, in my estimation, is unconscionable and to partake of his evil deeds. There is absolutely no connection between a great many of his malicious words and the spirit of his words and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Let your speech be always with grace, having been seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one. (Colossians 4:6)

Moreover, the use of profane language in connection with the Gospel is unbiblical at best and blasphemous at worst.

But now also put off all these things: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, shameful speech out of your mouth. (Colossians 3:8)

It is a strange thing that a man could sit in judgment of these other men and yet clearly is in violation of all three of the afore mentioned passages. It seems to me that we ought to get our own door step right before we go sitting in the place of God and damning men's souls for eternity?

2009/6/15 8:55Profile

Re: Anger or Anointing? by Robert Wurtz

Robert,
your word is balm to my heart, well spoke, sir. I've been trying to pray on what to make of that all, and your writing clarifies what needs to be said about such a poison spirit. Thank you and God bless you brother, neil

2009/6/15 14:12
JesusLoves

Re: Anger or Anointing? by Robert Wurtz

I agree- the response with the scriptures was right. Love, put away anger,wrath...,let your speech be gracious,the lord is at hand...God's word is indeed holy, pure, gentle...

Sorrow fills my heart as I researched more about this preacher.

WHAT IS THE CURE.
If great missionaries with prayer - earnest prayer was able to convert tribesAND THOUSANDS of others in china, india, thailand, central america- most of them deep seated in occult- hate- CAN WE WITH PRAYER BRING ABOUT REPENTANCE IN THIS PREACHER. Mostof the missionaries did not have the fellowship we have- just sermonindex itself is such a vast location for us christians to encourage,unburden and learn from each other.

If those missionaries with the basic necessities of life did so much for jesus through PRAYER AND FAITH, is it to much to ask this body of christ here, to take the challenge to pray and see results in christians who know the truth but are led/deceived by the enemy to have an unloving, unmerciful, bitter angry spirit.

My question is
IS THERE HOPE?
IF YES, WILL WE BROTHERS AND SISTERS in christ (atleast just here at sermonindex)take the challenge to pray to see christ reign in Fred Phelps and Like Teachers and Preachers.

Let us pray.

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:

[b]Anger or Anointing?[/b]
[i]by Robert Wurtz[/i]

A Response to the Behavior of Fred Phelps and Like Teachers and Preachers

I recently responded to a series of videos that was brought to my attention by a man increasingly difficult to ignore, Fred Phelps. In one video I watched, Phelps at the end said to the effect that, "I am sometimes almost overcome with indignation..." at the sin that he sees, etc. We need to ask ourselves, is what we are hearing the result of Holy Spirit empowerment or some other spirit. It is an important question because impressionable minds have taken up radical ways to try to preach on sin, righteousness and judgment to come.

In my first response I wrote:

Beware Beloved!

I truly believe that one of the primary purposes of God visiting us in Barnsdall, OK was to challenge what seems to be an unloving and unmerciful spirit that will poison us as individuals and as groups of various kinds if we do not discern and forsake it. You will note that both the Sadducees, Pharisees and certain of the disciples had a very unloving 'spirit' about them before they received the Holy Spirit.

They did not like children.
They did not like prostitutes.
They did not like Publicans.
They did not like Herodians.
They did not like sinners in general.
They would pass by a beaten man with no compassion.
They would request FIRE to fall from heaven on those that rejected Christ.
(Just to name a few)

And what did our Lord say, you know not what manor of spirit you are of. There is a bitterness and an angry spirit that is not the Holy Spirit and that lies at the door of every revival and repentance preachers doorstep. If we do not master it we will become a 'version' of Phelps. Whether it be a 'Phelps' a 'Phelps lite' or a 'Phelps extra lite' that angry, bitter ungodly poison will manifest.

That poison spirit seems to manifest greatly in Phelps so-called ministry. I'm trying to play the ball and not the man here. Is what we see the fruit of the Spirit? We will know them NOT by their willingness to preach righteousness, holiness, hell, judgment, etc. but by their fruits. Do men gather grapes among prickly stabbing thorns?

We must know that the wrath of man does not work the righteousness of God. The FIRE of anger is not the FIRE of the Holy Spirit. When one cannot discern the difference between anger and unction there is a move into the earthy, sensual and demonic. It seems to me to be the fire of hell that is being used to PREACH hell. Beloved, this ought not so to be.

But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace. (James 3)

I further responded:

We have an obligation not just to reckon with the merits of any argument, but to discern the spirit by which that message is being presented.

Let your moderation be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. (Php. 4:5)

To defend the immoderate behavior of Phelps, in my estimation, is unconscionable and to partake of his evil deeds. There is absolutely no connection between a great many of his malicious words and the spirit of his words and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Let your speech be always with grace, having been seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one. (Colossians 4:6)

Moreover, the use of profane language in connection with the Gospel is unbiblical at best and blasphemous at worst.

But now also put off all these things: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, shameful speech out of your mouth. (Colossians 3:8)

It is a strange thing that a man could sit in judgment of these other men and yet clearly is in violation of all three of the afore mentioned passages. It seems to me that we ought to get our own door step right before we go sitting in the place of God and damning men's souls for eternity?

2009/6/15 18:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy