SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : New kid on the block

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
FriendofGod

New kid on the block

Hi, My name is Matt and this is my first time to the site. I stumbled across it today while I was hunting information on Brother Andrew and Revival in general. I have been married to my wife for the past three years. No children as of yet but we have two wonderful dogs. I was very excited to find the library of sermons by some of the great saints of our time. I am always hungry for a sermon with substance. I want to be challenged. In my church we say we want to be "gutted". I am certain if anyone reads this I will probably get a remark about that above anything else I write. Not great deal to say. I am very active in my church as I'm certain the majority of people are who post on this website. We are a small congregation that have been praying and pressing for God to move on his church and pour out His Revival. We have been affiliated with the Smithton Outpouring. That is where the majority of the congregation got their first taste of God's reviving spirit. Along with prayer and study I teach preschool along side my wife and her best friend. I also work in the nursery, and help with the youth group, when needed. As I said before we are a small church. Everybody has more than one job.
By the way, does anybody know how to get my computer to download these sermons any faster? I have very little computer skill. It is exciting to post a message here and hope to hear from some of you very soon.
Thank you for this opportunity to share.

2004/8/30 21:26Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re: New kid on the block

Welcome Matt to SermonIndex,

Great to have you on board. "Gutted," I like that. That sounds like what happens with the rams horns that are made into shofars. Praise God.

As to speeding things up, sometimes it's a bit slow. DSL is faster than dial up. I'm not sure what I could do to help with that.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions. We'll be happy to help.

2004/8/30 21:34Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!

Quote:
I was very excited to find the library of sermons by some of the great saints of our time. I am always hungry for a sermon with substance. I want to be challenged.

Welcome dear brother to the site! the blessing of God on you. Thank you so much for sharing so much about yourself. Yes you have come to the right place to be challanged, conviced and changed. There are many dear brothers and sisters in Christ who are seeking after genuine revival. Glad to hear from you and looking forward to your continued participation in the forums.

Quote:
By the way, does anybody know how to get my computer to download these sermons any faster?

You simply right click on the sermon titles and choose 'save target as'. Let us know if you have success with this.

2004/8/30 21:37Profile
moreofHim

Re: welcome

Hi Matt! Welcome to SI. So glad you found your way here. I am sure you will find many great sermons, articles- not to mention, fellowship here. I think we all on SI are open to and in the process of being "gutted" and filled with Him. :)

May the Lord draw you ever closer to Himself.

In Him, Chanin

2004/8/30 22:04Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Welcome aboard Matt, may I suggest some Keith Daniel, Art Katz, and David Wilkerson for some good "gutting" :-D

From Websters 1828 Dictionary;

GUT'TED, pp. Deprived of the bowels; eviscerated; deprived of contents.

I'm not sure about the first two descriptions but the third one sounds good. Lord let us be deprived of our fleshly contents and fill us with your Holy Spirit!

In Christ,

Ron

2004/8/30 23:00Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

all that he has done he will do again and in greater power. Prayer PRAYER prayer and when you get a chance more prayer with a bit of we need it yesterday if not before.

2004/8/31 1:20Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy