SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Marriage question??(my friend posted )

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Hello, Marie. My name is William and from reading your story, you sound like you could be my wife in so many ways. I don't know your husband or where he is in his walk, but I'd like to share some things with you concerning my own walk.

Many people, including my wife, often accuse me of being an introvert and even cold at times. It really hurts because none of them bothers to ask me the types of questions necessary to understand why I may appear that way. Let me explain the appearance of being 'cold' or 'unemotional' first. I'm a very passionate man, but I'm at a point in my walk that He's really given me great self control. This allows me to be able to listen and hear clearly in situations where most people just can't. Because I don't give the typical 'natural' response in many situations, people are often mistaken into believing that I don't care. This couldn't be farther from the truth. I've learned that only the lord knows the best way of dealing with situations and have been trained to live in that rest. It's really amazing at times because it can almost be like living outside of one's self.

Another example is with problems, for instance finances. Because of our walks, we are required to never be able to get ahead. We are steadily being stretched in our faith to prepare us for what's coming. My wife doesn't fully understand why we have to suffer what we suffer, but I do. I'm at the point in my walk where I don't bat a eye at most problems which arise because I KNOW that He's got in all in order. He had never let me down. As long as i'm seeking His will for my life, I never have to worry about anything which I need. It's so real for me that I don't need to get worried about what are we going to do.

As for being introverted, that one is easy toexplain but difficult for many people to accept. My favorite subject is my Lord. Flat out. I don't care about things which many people place value in; cars, entertainment, sports, etc.... When people's focus is on these things I really have nothing much to say because those things really don't interest me. I'm not the type of person who is interested in small talk and have no need to fill silences. I appreciate real conversation about my Lord or about people's lives. Things which will mean something. It's never anything personal.

It seems to me that there are some people who truly are introverted and it's by the Lord's design. There are some who have issues which need to be resolved. There are some, who instead of being introverted are just misunderstood. Whichever one your husband may be, appreciate him for the gift he is to you. Have faith that if the Lord wants him to be more open, then our Lord will make it so. Just stand strong and thank God for the man which you have. Love him and appreciate him.

2009/6/13 20:49
rainydaygirl

Re:

Hello William

I do not have my own account as of yet so my friend is allowing me to use hers for the time being. I just wanted to say thank you for sharing with me. I do love my husband and am thankful for him.
In Him
Marie

2009/6/14 0:59Profile

Re:

Oh, there's no doubt in my mind that you do, and that you do so very much. this post was as much for myself as it was for you. It was really right on time and inspired me. Blessings and hugs to you.

2009/6/14 1:25
rainydaygirl

Re:

Thank you and thank you for my time with you here.
In Him
Marie

2009/6/14 2:29Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

I just wanted to say thanks to those of you who shared with my friend. I think what she is in need most of all is prayer. I feel like the enemy is trying to attack and cause strife in her marriage so if you feel led to pray for her that would be so great.

rdg

2009/6/14 12:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy