SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : What "Grace" is

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rainydaygirl

What "Grace" is

Read this teaching over this morning. Found it to be very interesting, some good truths to ponder on.

Just sharing with anyone who has interest
rdg

++++
The New Covenant definition of “Grace” is “PROVISION”—not “God changed His Character and expectations when He changed Covenants, and now He ignores sin and we’ll call that ‘grace’”. Where there was no “Power” to overcome sin and live up to God’s High Calling in the Old “decaying and disappearing” Covenant…in the New Agreement HE HIMSELF WOULD COME LIVE INSIDE OF US, to Teach and Empower and Encourage us into His Image, “in this present age.” “I was with you, I shall be IN you” to “CAUSE you to keep My Commands and Decrees”. The “Downpayment” of the Covenant is NOT that God changed His Mind about what is Holy or Righteous or Acceptable…but that HE GAVE HIS HOLY SPIRIT as PROVISION, for all, “from the least to the greatest” in this NEW Covenant. That ALONE is why the book of James and 1John, chapters 1-3 STILL MAKE SENSE, in this “age of Grace”. If you understand that “Grace” is “PROVISION”—not God changing His Character, then the entire Bible makes sense, and 1Cor.5 and many other Scriptures don’t have to be “ripped out of the Bible” as Thomas Jefferson did (and most evangelicals have done to this day). It ALL makes sense, together, when you define Grace PROPERLY and BIBLICALLY! Provision. Amazing Provision, how sweet the sound!

2009/6/9 14:02Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: What "Grace" is

Grace always speaks to the all-sufficiency of
GOD. HE will equip, prepare, and provide all
that is necessary for us to accomplish His
purpose !!

2009/6/10 22:19Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: What "Grace" is

Quote:
If you understand that “Grace” is “PROVISION”—not God changing His Character, then the entire Bible makes sense, and 1Cor.5 and many other Scriptures don’t have to be “ripped out of the Bible” as Thomas Jefferson did (and most evangelicals have done to this day). It ALL makes sense, together, when you define Grace PROPERLY and BIBLICALLY! Provision. Amazing Provision, how sweet the sound!

Amen! When grace is understood to mean enabling power from God, it does make sense AND is easily understood. This is the entire gist of the New Covenant: God through the Holy Spirit empowers people to live righteously (via his shed blood on the cross). And this is called grace!

May I suggest it is too simple for some to understand, hence the tendency of learned men to complicate the simplest doctrine.

ginnyrose

2009/6/10 22:47Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy