SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What we experienced at Barnsdall

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
PosterThread
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re:

Quote:
Anywhere we can listen to that song? Or maybe you could share the words with us? I think this scripture truly prophesies of our day. AD

Sorry that I don't know of any place that you could hear the song. It was written several years ago and I am sorry that I do not even know the author. It has three verses and a chorus, but I was only able to reconstruct a couple of the verses with the help of my daughter... I am terrible about memorizing lyrics... I get the message but lose the exact words, but here goes:

"The Holy Spirit’s power is at work throughout the land, Bringing showers of refreshing latter rain. Though the evil forces heighten in their final bid for power, God is pouring out his spirit once again,
Chorus:
And the truth of God marches on and on, undaunted by the fast approaching night. Though the clouds of sin and darkness hover low, in the evening time there shall light.

False prophets are arising in these final closing days, Giving out their lies to be God’s Holy Word,
Leading men to doom and darkness With the error of their ways,But at last they’ll all receive their just reward;"
Chorus

I cannot remember the third verse but it closes with the words: "preach the message while there's still an open door"... that line is definitely our call as the darkness falls.

Thanks for asking,

Clint

2009/6/13 22:50Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

I wanted to share personally that God really ministered to my Spirit at this conference. Especially during brother Alan Martins first message and Mark Greenings first message. God revealed in my heart a area that truly was not free in Christ. We are free brothers and sisters! The overcoming life is fully possible in God's fullness. It is our evil heart of unbelief that does avail and rely upon Christ In Us the hope of glory.

We are so weak in faith brothers and sisters. But God is willing to teach us all and grow our faith.

At barnsdall truly God met with us. There were tangible times of the presence of God during worship and times when there was utter silence for a period of time where no one dared to talk or move. I believe we felt abit of what it was to gather truly as saints of God in the early Church.

I believe God was glorified in our meeting for no agenda or purpose other then to glory and hear from Him.

2009/6/13 23:16Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:

broclint wrote:
Chorus:
And the truth of God marches on and on, undaunted by the fast approaching night. Though the clouds of sin and darkness hover low, in the evening time there shall light.

Thanks for posting what you remembered of this song, Clint. (Sorry I didn't see it earlier.)

It's a tremendous hope for us (that verse in Zech. 14.7) ...that as the darkness gathers and gets thicker, and as it gets darker, at the same time, there will be LIGHT for those who have made it their one pursuit of life to walk in the Light.

...There are many other beautiful passages of scripture that same the same thing.

AD

2009/6/14 19:09Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy