SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What we experienced at Barnsdall

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re: What we experienced at Barnsdall

Quote:

appolus wrote:
There is such a hunger for genuine freedom in our churches. Not chaos, genuine freedom and with genuine freedom, when the Holy Spirit is in charge there is order.

"Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty." The order of His Lordship, and the liberty of His Spirit.

Quote:
Perhaps it is time to cancel all programs and seek Him. If we seek to hear from Him, there must be time in our services where He is allowed to speak through His people

It is time, and past time.

Our Lord calls us to pray, "Give us this day our daily bread," and I believe it's this-- the corporate expression of His word that you are referring to-- that is the bread God has in mind for this day we are entering into now.

Not just the "bread" the pastor or the preacher gives... and we are thankful for that in its day... but the bread which is His body. "For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one Bread" (1 Cor. 10.17).

Of course, we do not just everyone give forth what we have as we see fit. The bread must be surrendered into His hands, and broken in and by His hands. Only then will He Himself be revealed.

...I'm glad to hear the good report.

AD

2009/6/6 22:23Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
hospitality....
All of this, I believe was absolutely crucial to providing fertile soil for the Holy Spirit to do His work, as experienced in the proclaimed word and in our times of worship.

I wasn't there, but can agree that a heightened spirit of hospitality is a hallmark of spirit-led services or congregations. Perhaps it is the expression of counting others higher then ourselves, or that we recognize the love God has for his people.

It is wonderful to hear all your hearts here.

MC

2009/6/6 22:45Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
I am a Pentecostal and believe in and speak in tongues. Yet this week I was so impressed that when I came back and talked to my pastor, I told him that at this conference I was all the more convinced than I was before that there are clearly "Spirit-filled" believers out there who have never even spoken in tongues. That may wreck our Pentecostal theology, but it is a truth I am convinced of just the same.

I know exactly what you mean. I was raised Pentecostal as well, and was even a certified minister with AG for a few years, but the whole 'uniform initial evidence' theology went out the window for me when I began exposing myself to the ministry of brethren not of the Pentecostal camp but who clearly preached with the unction of heaven and with an authority in God I had yet to experience in all my years as a Pentecostal. God has wonderful ways of breaking our 'surefire' mindsets and liberating us from closeminded denominationalism. Yes, it ultimately cost me my credentials...but now I am free to worship the Lord with all different kinds of brethren, and free of the bias and stigma I once had. I quickly realized that despite all my tongues and experiences, I was but a babe in God...and many men who never once spake a word in tongues were light years ahead of me in the school of God - and had a measure of anointing upon their ministries I could only dream about.

Truly, this is craftmanship of God in the soul of a believer, the opening of the eyes. I've found time and time again that when God does a substantial work in my life, it usually involves a major re-arrangement of theology or a concept that I, up until then, held as non-negotiable.

Paul

2009/6/6 23:14Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Paul's: ...the whole 'uniform initial evidence' theology went out the window for me when I began exposing myself to the ministry of brethren not of the Pentecostal camp but who clearly preached with the unction of heaven and with an authority in God I had yet to experience in all my years as a Pentecostal.

I think the key is the word 'unction'. The voice of God can be in the mouth of those that are filled with the Spirit and glory of God. I think this is the real key, an unction.

I felt the conference that I was able to experience was tremendous and that God dealt with issues that would prepare us for genuine revival on a large scale. There was a gentleness and compassion that brought us face to face with God as a loving Father. I feel God demonstrated His goodness and brought it to a reality in our hearts. It was a real breath of fresh air that we desperately needed.

2009/6/6 23:21Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

I was raised Pentecostal as well, and was even a certified minister with AG for a few years, but the whole 'uniform initial evidence' theology went out the window for me when I began exposing myself to the ministry of brethren not of the Pentecostal camp but who clearly preached with the unction of heaven and with an authority in God I had yet to experience in all my years as a Pentecostal.

Indeed. Ravenhill is a notable example of this. Though very welcomed in Pentecostal circles, he said time and time again he had never spoken in tongues. He never knocked such a thing. Yet without a doubt, I've never heard one classical-Pentecostal preacher speak with an unction that even came close.

I'm reminded of a young teenage girl from this conference, I believe it was the pastor's daughter. She stood up numerous times throughout the three days we were gathered, and she would pray, read Scripture, and I think even lightly exhort/testify in front of the entire congregation. Indeed, to me at times she really seemed to "punch" the atmosphere and charge it with God's presence when He needed to move. Yet, knowing that she's Southern Baptist, it is unlikely she's ever spoken in tongues. Yet, I have no doubt as to her fullness in the Spirit. Indeed, to date I have only personally known and seen one young teenage girl in my circle that could compare.

Shoot, I would even say that God used her more mightily than me at the conference. And I probably openly participated a half dozen times or so. The first time I heard her pray, I opened my eyes and expected to see an older woman praying. I was blown away that she could not have been much more than 13 or 14. Amazing.

2009/6/7 0:13Profile

Re:

Jimmy wrote............

"I really have had an unbroken sense of the Lord's presence since the conference."

Amen brother, I can testify to that also. There is a magnitude of difference when one speaks with the power of the Holy Spirit flowing through them. Most of us know that Moody testified of preaching the same sermons after his encounter with the Holy Spirit, only now he spoke with power. One could stand in front of a large crowd and re-read the sermon of Edwards "Sinners in the hands of an Angry God," and nothing would happen. It was not the persausive words of Edwards that moved the crowd to cry out "what must we do." It was not by his might or eloquence or knowledge of the scriptures. It was not by his power to persaude men how sinful they were, it was by the convicting power of the Holy Spirit upon the hearts of men. Peter was a broken man, as we know, when he preached to the thousands at Jerulsalem. He had denied his Lord, yes even with curses. Yet, when the Lord restored Him and when he was later endued with power from on high, he was now ready to be used by God the Holy Spirit.

I believe that we all at Barnsdall could testify to is that presence of God was there. If you touch the glory then the glory departs. There was nothing of man at Barnsdall. Hungry praying hearts called in desperation upon the living God and He was found by those who had sought Him out............Frank

2009/6/7 0:38
HeartSong

Re:

It is heaven on earth when God gathers His people together and rains down upon them. Flowing through our cracked and broken vessels, He binds us together and we begin to move as one. As shards of pottery that have been ground to dust, He pours water upon the whole and fashions a new vessel - a pure and holy vessel, meet for the Master's use. Oh the joy that fills the heart of a body totally surrendered unto Him. Oh the ecstasy of riding upon the wings of His love. Oh the rapture of being found in Him.

He is gently chiseling and polishing His precious children. Patiently forming us into so many jewels as He prepares us for our final entry into His kingdom. In my mind I can see Him casting us out upon the earth. Like small stones cast upon the surface of a pond - each stone sending forth a small ripple of concentric circles that slowly converge and eventually cover the entire surface of the pond.

Oh how I long for the day when all of God's people will truly be His.

2009/6/7 1:05Profile

Re:

Such beautiful words sister, they are Spirit kissed words...........Frank

2009/6/7 8:17
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

...to Him who sits on the throne and unto the lamb!

2009/6/7 15:17Profile

Re:

Since so many people seemingly sensed a a taste of freedom during this event, the questions are:

How many are going to back to their respective 'church' or fellowship and not settle for anything less?

How many of those are currently in leadership in an institutional type of 'church' are going to go back and open up their 'church' and allow people to function as they are led/designed to?

2009/6/7 15:45

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy