Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Word of God by Keith Daniel

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 The Word of God by Keith Daniel

:cry: This sermon has had a great impact on me in the last 2-3 weeks I have heard it twice and am going to continue to listen to this message till its driven deep into my spirit. We need to be men and women who are people of the book! We need to devour it, memorize it, live by it, act upon it!

I really encourage you to hear this message! There is a text transcript of the entire message here:

[b][url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=2062]The Word of God (text)[/url] [/b]

[b][url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=4633]The Word of God (audio)[/url] [/b]

here are some quotes from the message:

Whatever the devil says to you, of the joys of sin, oh, cursed will be written across your life. Sorrows….but oh, the blessedness, of the young man who won’t go the ways of the ungodly. Won’t listen to their influence. Or sit scornful of those who would be godly. No matter what the world says, "I will be godly." And written across your life by God will be the words, "BLESSED, BLESSED".

Written across your life from this moment, till the day you die, if you’re truly going to get saved, will be written by God these words, for the whole world to see, "FINISHED WITH THE WORLD. FINISHED WITH THE WORLD!" Otherwise, you’re wasting my time, you’re wasting your time, you’re wasting God ’s time, in coming here saying you want to become a child of God. COUNT THE COST!

Can you imagine a child that is truly born of God, starving… hungry…. And pushing it aside? If you’re born of God, and it’s there for you to take, you will take it! Or otherwise, YOU’RE NOT BORN OF GOD! You need to be born again! And you will never know what the witness of the Spirit is in your heart, where you know you are, until this book is your greatest source of survival, of life! You know you live by it! The Word of God.

2004/8/29 23:13Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: The Word of God by Keith Daniel

If you have had a chance to listen to this message respond and let me know how it touched you.

2005/3/13 17:45Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

Re:

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:
If you have had a chance to listen to this message respond and let me know how it touched you.

Hi Greg,

I have listened to this sermon 3 or 4 times this week. I love the examples that Keith uses about his Dad, D.L. Moody and Will (McFarland if that is how you spell it). How by them soaking themselves in the Word of God, God made them holy. And the confidence they had in prayer. This sermon is a great encouragement to read, read and read the bible as our #1 delight in life.

This sermon was preached 8 or 9 years ago. In November I had the wonderful experience of hearing this man on God preach. He preached this sermon the first night that I got to see and hear him; it was twice as long and such a joy to hear. I could not stop smiling the whole time he was preaching. My spirit could identify with the wonderful truths he was sharing about God's Word.

Psalms 1:1, 2
Blessed is the man... his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night.

Isn't God enough to entertain our whole being?

2005/3/13 22:10Profile
raph

Switzerland

Re:

Hello!
I'm reading the forum and downloading sermons since a long time but I have never post anything here. But I think it's a good occasion!

I have listen to this wonderful sermon by Keith Daniel long ago, something like 9 monthes ago, and it has totally changed my christian life. I thank God for this.

In the past I have always struggle to read the Word of God, it was so hard for me. I was seeing the daily Bible reading like something so legalist and so religious, it was better to just worship Jesus, pray and be bless with His presence, but the Word of God..... it has been like that for a few years, I was opening the Bible when I had to preach, only to have some verses to attest what I was wanting to say.

When I heard Keith Daniel, there was such a conviction in my heart, and since this day my life has changed tremendously, I can't live a day without the Word of God, I just can't, I need to soak myself in it. Since this day my relationship with Jesus has gone so much deeper, it's more easy to fight against sin and temptation, and I have so much more to say when I preached ;-)

Thank you Jesus for your Word who is really a lamp onto my feet.

Oh, and I can say the same about all the sermons of Mr Daniel, I can't hear him and not fall on my knees before God. Such a conviction through this man.

Bless you all, and thank you for this wonderfull place on the web :-D

In His love,
Raphael

2005/3/14 2:24Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re:

Dear brother,

Thank you so much for this testimony. Praise the Lord for what He has been doing in your heart!

What you wrote is something that needs to be heard. Many, many, many Christians have the same attitude you had. Singing songs, telling folks what they want to hear, living your own life and having fun with Jesus...

When someone stands up to preach the word of God, all of a sudden many people don't like it. Well, I guess that's true. Jesus always speaks to the heart and when a heart is not upright, the sword of the Spirit shall cut in painfully. When Stephen preached [i]"his face was like the face of an angel" (Acts 6:15)[/i] but nevertheless at the end of Gods sermon this is what happened:

[i]"When they heard this, they were furious and gnashed their teeth at him...they covered their ears and, yelling at the top of their voices, they all rushed at him, draggend him out of the city and began to stone him" (Acts 7:54,57-58)[/i]

On the other hand, when Jesus speaks to the heart people will be touched and lives will be changed and they will say: [i]"No one ever spoke the way this man does" (John 7:46)![/i]

It's amazing to know that the word of God is Jesus. When we read the Bible we encounter our Lord. Sometimes this word can be dry to us, but every word we've read shall not be invain. No word that comes from God is without power.

I met a Christian last friday who made a wonderful remark about Revelation 1:3 [i]Blessed is the one who [b]reads[/b] the words of this prophecy[/i]. He said: "It doesn't say: 'blessed is the one who completely understands this prophecy'. Reading the Bible alone with a seeking heart is enough for God to call you 'blessed'."

It's so amazing to realize that the Bible isn't a book that you read once...very carefully...and then you've had it. It's a living miracle. God is revealing Himself to us through His word. Every day a little bit more than the day before...until we will meet the Word of God that became flesh!

To reach this world, they need not hear the words of mighty men, but the word of a mighty God through men who are real, honest, pure and devoted to Christ alone.

Hmmm...have to think of some verse I read yesterday. Here you go, have some more Manna :-P ;-)

[i]"O God, be not far from me: O my God, make haste for my help...
I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more.
My mouth shall shew forth thy righteousness and thy salvation all the day;
for [b]I know not the numbers thereof.[/b]
I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD:
I will make mention of thy righteousness, even [b]of thine only...[/b]
Thy righteousness also, O God, is very high, who hast done great things: O God, who is like unto thee! (Psalm 71)" [/i]

Great to have you on board, brother (as another dear brother, Mike, Crsschk (or how you write that anyways...8-)) is used to say:-)

In the Living Word,

Paul

2005/3/14 3:41Profile
eagleswings

Connecticut, USA

Re: The Word of God by Keith Daniel

Greg, Adam, Raphael and Paul –

Just to add a big “Amen” to what each of you has written.

I heard the sermon for the first time when Greg put it up some time ago, and refreshed my memory today by reading the text.

When I finished I was sad as I thought of the many folks who will hear this message and whose response will be like Agustine’s: “I had no answer to thy calling to me, "Awake, you who sleep, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give you light.” On all sides, thou didst show me that thy words are true, and I, convicted by the truth, had nothing at all to reply but the drawling and drowsy words: "Presently; see, presently. Leave me alone a little while." But “presently, presently,” had no present; and my "leave me alone a little while" went on for a long while.”

Keith Daniel has pleaded passionately to commend the Bible to others. But I fear there will be many whose response to the message will be “Presently; see, presently. Leave me alone a little while.”

As I thought about this, I was reminded of the little servant-girl (1Kings 5:1-14} who said to the wife of Naaman the leper, “I know a man in Israel (Elisha) who can cure my master of his leprosy.”

“So Naaman, (the commander of the Syrian army, who was “a great man” and “a mighty man in valour” came with his horses and with his chariot, and stood at the door of the house of Elisha. And Elisha sent a messenger unto him, saying, Go and wash in the Jordan seven times, and thy flesh shall come again to thee, and thou shalt be clean. But Naaman was wroth, and went away, and said, Behold, I thought, He will surely come out to me, and stand, and call on the name of the Lord his God, and strike his hand over the place, and recover the leper. Are not Abana and Pharpar, rivers of Damascus, better than all the waters of Israel? may I not wash in them, and be clean?

“So he turned and went away in a rage.

“And his servants came near, and spake unto him, and said, My father, if the prophet had bid thee do some great thing, wouldest thou not have done it? how much rather then, when he saith to thee, Wash, and be clean? Then went he down, and dipped himself seven times in Jordan, according to the saying of the man of God: and his flesh came again like unto the flesh of a little child, and he was clean.”

“I know a man in Israel who can cure my master of his leprosy.”
(I know a Book that can do the same thing. :-))

Roger

2005/3/14 3:52Profile
relewis111

Pittsburgh,PA

Re: 426 Times

The idea that ardent and worshipful meditation of God's word can have a visible evidence is incredible and amazing. I have to confess that as I listened I was ashamed at my lack of such devotion to the Word of the Lord. I am hoping and praying that the devotion to the bible I have recently aquired will never fade or perish. My prayer is that my hunger and thirst actually increase and that the Word of God become my only nourishment.

Rich

2005/3/15 20:21Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy