SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : SermonIndex Radio Show "Voices From the Past"

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 SermonIndex Radio Show "Voices From the Past"

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/august/vftp.gif[/img]

[b]SermonIndex Radio Show "Voices From the Past"[/b]
I have felt burdened for awhile to get the old messages from these fiery preachers from the past onto the medium of radio. Some opportunities have opened up and I have not stepped into them yet due to many constraints and needs. I am really wanting to push forward with this and I need the help of the members of SI or this won't be possible.

[b]The Vision[/b]
The vision is to see old classic praying on genuine revival and deeper chrisitan life going out to 100,000's more people via the medium of the radio. I am wanting to construct 100's of shows that will be offered FREELY from SermonIndex.net to online radio stations and also non-internet stations. It is hoped that [b]some[/b] stations will pick up the shows for free by having these old preachers it will increase the viewership of the station hopefully also. Also if some people are burdened they can help sponsor a radio time slot in their area and just simply use the finished radio shows on SI that are available. I see that in this way the potential to get the message out cheaply can be maxiumized, its all in the Lords hands and he will increase the exposure of these recordings in His timing.

[b]The Need[/b]
I am needing help to produce these radio shows in its various aspects here are a few ways that you can see if you fit the need:

i) Hosts - I need some people who feel the Lord leading them to be a host for the show, this would entail just simply recording 2-3 minute intro's for each show comprimising of a small bio of the speaker for the day and abit about the intended message that is going to be delivered. There could be more than one person helping with this.. I would love to get different voices, genders, and styles. The hope is to produce 100's of small shows that can be offered freely to stations and to inviduals that want to sponsor these recordings.

ii) digital production - I would need help mixing and producing quality sound recordings in a whole. Also to manufacture and intresting INTRO w/ music for the show.

iii) marketing - once materials are produced and available I would people from SI to take initiative in their hometown or city and phone to inquire the possiblity of getting these recordings on the air for free or for a nominal price. If also you are feeling led to sponsor it on a local station that would be great also.

---

The simple show format will be 22 minutes long and will be outlined as below:

15 second INTRO w/ music = SermonIndex "Voices from the Past" mentioning sermonindex.net

2 minute speaker bio and sermon description.

19 minute clip of a sermon

45 second OUTRO mentioning the website sermonindex.net and the entire message available there.

---

I am very open to any feedback and help on this, please get as involved as you can!

2004/8/29 16:10Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: SermonIndex Radio Show "Voices From the Past"

THIS is a fantastic idea Greg!

I know you have talked of doing something of this order previously, but I really think this would be just an outstanding program.

Looking at it from the listeners point of view it would bring that element of surprise not knowing which speaker is going to be on nor the message unless it was a continuing series...so many possibilities...

If I could find a station out here near Santa Cruz they might let me do the intro (It's an inside joke folks)

Brother wan't to do whatever I can to help get this off the ground...already have a bunch of ideas to look into. Man the wheels a turning...

2004/8/30 0:36Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Brother wan't to do whatever I can to help get this off the ground...already have a bunch of ideas to look into. Man the wheels a turning...

Praise God Mike! I am praying definetly into the possiblities the Lord is opening up to you. Don't let the idea that you don't know much about radio broadcasting hinder you! when I started off SermonIndex I barely knew how to run the site, and the servers it took alot of patience and time to learn how to run them. Now I feel much more confident in all aspects of running the site ie php mods,sql administration, server administration, audio capture, etc. Praise God for His goodness.

I really feel the Lord is opening up doors already for SermonIndex to go onto radio, please commit to praying your possible involvement with this you who read this thread. There are many ways you can get involved. Feel free to ask any questions or give any feedback, etc.

2004/8/30 12:42Profile

Re:

I say go for it, go for it, go for it. If you need me to help out in any way just let me know. Brilliant idea, exactly what our time needs. Go for it.

2004/8/30 17:58
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I say go for it, go for it, go for it. If you need me to help out in any way just let me know. Brilliant idea, exactly what our time needs. Go for it.

HAHAA ladies and gentleman we have our first SermonIndex show HOST. Brother I would love it if you had the time to work with me to get some shows done, perhaps we could even find a way to broadcast it in Texas the bible belt area. For people in Tyler Texas to hear the sound of ravenhill's voice might cause some ripples in the spiritual realm. Next time we talk I will give you some of the run-down of what I am thinking. Praise God I really feel this is going to be a great venue to spread the message of genuine revival.

2004/8/30 18:12Profile

Re:

Praise God.

call me

2004/8/31 2:45
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
call me

I will brother Jesse, I am so excited about this new paridigm of ministry I have wanted to go into it for awhile but know I feel its the Lords timing. Brother Robert Wurtz has also shown interest in helping possibly even run a show in Kansas City. I have to touch base with that brother in NYC again to see if we can get that show going. Theres even a brother in California that has shown interest in this type of thing. I still need alot more expert help, so if you have experience in the radio field please get in touch with me. I am trusting the Lord will provide and work through our efforts. If you have a burden to start something like this in your own area please let us know. I will keep everyone updated with progress on these things. Glory be to God.

2004/8/31 10:39Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

I am thinking possibly the 15 minute show format would work better than the 22 minute one and as I have been asking around a 15 minute time slot is much cheaper than a 22 or 30 minute slot obviously.

[b]The simple show format[/b] will be [u]15[/u] minutes long and will be outlined as below:

15 second INTRO w/ music = SermonIndex "Voices from the Past" mentioning sermonindex.net

2 minute speaker bio and sermon description.

12 minute clip of a sermon

45 second OUTRO mentioning the website sermonindex.net and the entire message available there.

--

I have been talking with quite a few from this site who come here regularly to help with this venture that I believe the Lord is leading SermonIndex to. I am wanting to get together literally 100's of shows compiled in the coming months. I am willing to do much of the work. For those who are getting involved here are the simple steps that are necessary:

i) Choose a sermon file that you think is appropriate and find a 12 minute clip that is meaty and good. (NOTE: I will be cutting up a bunch of sermons like this for people to choose from to use)

ii) Write up a 2 minute speaker bio/ sermon description or just sermon description, tieing in any elements and quotes that you think would be edifying.. this 2 minutes is your time to use how you think would bless the audience and lead into the message. There is no need to mention that much about the sermonindex.net site because it will be mentioned in the beginning 15 sec intro and also int he 45 outro (see next step)

iii) You will have to make an outro once only for all the shows you are going to do. I am considering drafting up a generic one so that all shows will have the same OUTRO, you will have to record one with your own voice. The sermonindex.net site is mentioned in this and also the note that the rest of the sermon from the show can be downloaded off the site. Also to contact you the host and SermonIndex go to the website. The reason why contact information should be on the website and not mentioned in the recording is if it changes. I am going to have a special section on the 'contact us' page for all the different radio stations that are playing.. either it can be a generic email that goes to me .. or I can have it forward to your personal address.

ie if the radio show is playing in Lindale, Texas then the email on the contact us page would be: lindale_radio@sermonindex.net - this email can either forward all messages to my ministry address or to your personal address if you want to handle correspondence. A unique email will be associate for each program so therefore people who want to contact you the host can do so..

---

FOR recording, you will need a microphone with your computer and an software package that can record to .wav. I suggest Total recorder software www.highcriteria.com its only about $30 for the professional edition *(which has editing features), or just get the normal edition if you want me to handle the editing and cleaning up of the files.

Then after recording you will have to send the files to me digitally, I will provide you with a way to do this either via FTP or if the files are relatively small perhaps email could work.

Please ask for more details as time progresses I will be getting more details and procedures out here. To be honest I have no idea what I am doing.. but its been like that since I have started this ministry so why stop now. :-P glory be to God.

2004/9/2 21:14Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy