SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Qualifications to go with Christ at His Second Coming.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
loveyouall

India

Qualifications to go with Christ at His Second Coming.

Qualifications to go with Christ at His Second Coming.

Rev: 1:7; I Thess 4:13-18; 1Cor 15:51.

1. Be in Christ.

2Cor 5:17-18, 1Thess 4:16.

2. Be Christ’s.

1Cor 15; 51.

3. Be holy.

Rev 20: 4-6.

4. Do good.

John 5:28-29.

5. Be worthy.

Luke 21:36.

6. Be pure.

1 John 3:2-3.

7. Be without spot or wrinkle-

I Thess 5:23.

8. Live and Walk in the spirit.

Gal 5:19-21.

9. Walk in the light of the God's word.

1 Jn 1:7. Col 2:6

2009/6/3 9:09Profile
bible1985

Re: Qualifications to go with Christ at His Second Coming.

Be truly saved would be the main one, i disagree with the do good one, that doesn't matter at all.We our saved only by his righteousness, if it depends at all on what we do or what we didn't do, or how we did this kinda of sin then we our now talking about a works salvation, the saved will continue on that is what the purpose of the new birth is as ezekiel 36 says to us in his commandments and god will keep us. Good post.

2009/6/3 13:08Profile

Re:

John, until you get through whatever it is you're going through, you should not tell others to "not do good" and that doing good "doesn't matter at all".

You are in no condition to witness to anyone here and may even be dangerous to young Christians here.

Your 8 page thread on General is where you may want to read and stay for a while.
Whoever taught you Easy-Believism is accountable as well.

2009/6/3 14:22
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

well we are saved unto good works, faith and works are two sides on one coin, cant have one without the other so to say, if you have ffaith but no works your faith is worthless and will not hold in the day, if you only have works but no faith that is as you say trusting in doing or earning our way into heaven by our own effort and is as faulty as the other one.

Jesus said repent and belive.

works (repentance) and faith together will save you.

2009/6/3 14:23Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Thank GOD that those whom He predestined,
these HE also called, and whom HE called;
these HE also justified; and whom HE justified,
these HE also glorified!! see ROM 8:29-30 :-P

2009/6/3 14:26Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

to say good deed works are not important are to speak against much scripture. I realize you may lean heavely towards reformed or calvinistic persuasion but scripture has much to say about it, not speaking in the act of salvation but in the christian life, they matter much.

Romans 6:16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one's slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness? (Rom 6:16 NKJ)

Revelation 22:11 "He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still." (Rev 22:11 NKJ)

Revelation 3:11 "Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown. (Rev 3:11 NKJ)

Ephesians 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. (Eph 2:10 NKJ)

2Co 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed;

Col 1:10 so that you may walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;

2Th 2:17 comfort and strengthen your hearts in every good work and word.

2Ti 2:21 Therefore, if a man cleanses himself from these things, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work.

Tit 2:7 in all things show yourself to be an example of good deeds, with purity in doctrine, dignified,

Tit 2:14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.

Tit 3:8 This is a trustworthy statement; and concerning these things I want you to speak confidently, so that those who have believed God may be careful to engage in good deeds. These things are good and profitable for men.

Tit 3:14 And let our people also learn to engage in good deeds to meet pressing needs, that they may not be unfruitful.

Heb 10:24 and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds,

Heb 13:21 equip you in every good thing to do His will, working in us that which is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

1Pe 2:12 Keep your behavior excellent among the Gentiles, so that in the thing in which they slander you as evildoers, they may on account of your good deeds, as they observe them, glorify God in the day of visitation.

2009/6/3 14:40Profile

Re:

I attend a Reformed Theology Church BECAUSE this particular Church in my town is doing more for the Kingdom in "good work" with Missionaries, Community work, etc. etc. etc. then any other denomination I've ever been in in over 30 yr.s and I've tried them all - so it's not the general belief of the Reformed to not believe in good works.... not at all.

I can't speak for all Calvinists, but this Church preaches Holiness and what the "fruit of salvation" is. So though I'm not a Calvinist - I know that they are not all into easy-belivism.

Misquoting Romans 8:29 is wrong!

Rom 8:29 [b]For whom he did foreknow[/b], he also did predestinate [i]to be conformed to the image of his Son[/i], that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Thank you for your post hmmhmm - those Scriptures are heard regularly at the Church I attend as well.

There is a major difference between what we're hearing with this easy-believism and what Spurgeon etc taught.

Thank you!

2009/6/3 15:16
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

amen, the esay belivism today is not what reformed theolgy has been throughout the time, spurgeon, edwards, withfield, ect ect.

although i am not in agreement on them on some small things as the role of free will and other such trivial things i have much respect and reverence for them and what they allowed God to work through them, and i think i should have worded my post better, i know there are a few good reformed churches out there, just as there are a few on the other side also.

a few that have not bowed their knee.... doctrines may vary and so on, but the love for god and truth is there

2009/6/3 15:21Profile

Re:

Preach it Brother! :-)

2009/6/3 15:25
hmmhmm

Sweden

a good example of a reformed preacher believing strongly in "good works" is edwards, its obvious when reading his resolutions. Many modern believers would accuse edwards to believe a saved by works salvation when reading them.

[url=http://www.reformed.org/documents/Edwards/index.html?mainframe=/documents/Edwards/j_edwards_resolutions.html]edwards resolutions[/url]

2009/6/3 15:34Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy