SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How to make a personal - God glorifying - website.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

How to make a personal - God glorifying - website.

I have no idea.

What ought one do and consider when starting their own website?

any info would be nice...

2009/5/31 3:57
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: How to make a personal - God glorifying - website.

I have a suggestion. Check out GodRev.com.
You can set up your own personal page and
add friends and join different forums and
post blogs. Web-hosting is hard to find
and you have to follow worldly protocols.

2009/5/31 10:33Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Hello,

Quote:
What ought one do and consider

First, the cost. If you want a website that you have complete control over the content, you need to register a Domain Name (yearly fee approx $40), buy space at a server (yearly fee, approx $100).

We had one for years buy recently gave it up for that reason.

If you own the name and pay for the space you have no restrictions on content. Then you learn simple HTML skills and write your pages.

Good wishes in your adventure, please share the URL with me in a PM when you have a page up.

white stone

2009/5/31 11:42Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Brian, sure you want to spend the time?

Just asking, not telling you what to do...

ginnyrose

2009/5/31 21:41Profile

Re:

The reason why I ask is because my wife and I are in Korea, so if/when we hand out tracts or witness to people, I would like to direct them to a place God glorifying (besides directing them to God - ie - people in a hurry). Yes, I understand that I can (and do) direct people to SI, but many/most people are Korean, so they often times do not speak English. Therefore, I would like to have some basic info website, with Korean and English, along with some links and other helpful information.

I don't want to spend much time on it, but I believe some time would be benificial for our ministry here in Korea.

I just don't know how to start or where to begin.

BTW: I quit facebook months ago and don't feel the need to join such forms, especially since I spend enough time here :-( happily!

2009/6/1 5:04
NoWhining

East Texas

Re:

I think it's a good idea. My apologies for responding in a secular view. Any ad, tract, or whatever idea you're trying to promote always has one chance to attract your target. Most people try to cram too much into an ad, make it too busy and confusing, and lose the shopper. A central thought, cleanly done, with a website address is very effective.

Brian, I would look at web masters close to me, and check out some of their work to see if it fits my "look" or style. Then find out their charges to build your site. I paid $800. a couple years back for a five page site with jpegs and descriptions of my items being sold. She also upgrades my site for minimal charges.

I started an account with Go Daddy to host my page, but changed over to a server run and maintained by my webmaster. Also have a list of keywords you can submit for the search engines.

Hope this little bit helps, Brother. Don

2009/6/1 8:27Profile
Aussiedler

GERMANY

Re:

you can start practising/trying out without financial risks. go to wordpress.com, sign up and you get a website named http://yourname.wordpress.com

you can choose different looks/themes and then start writing things. it is the best way for beginners.

for example:
http://iseeitdifferently.wordpress.com

today you don't "program" you own website, instead you choose an "CMS" (Wordpress, joomla, typo3, and many others) and modify it to your need. Wordpress ist the easiest way to start.

2009/6/6 8:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy