SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Fighting for one another in prayer and for yourself!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Fighting for one another in prayer and for yourself!

2Co 10:4 - Show Context
(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

I know this verse gets taken out of context and used in ways that it shouldnt!
I want to use this verse as I have been struggling in prayer to pray and it is a fight just to pray!

James 5
I know that in sometimes in prayer meetings I have been so depressed that people have come around me and lifted up my state in prayer!
I know many of us want to

13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms. 14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: 15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. 16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

It is always comforting to know that Jesus is praying for us even if we cant!

Hebrews 4
Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Ro 8:26 - Show Context
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered

We need to win in prayer or let god win in prayer!

2009/5/30 14:06Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Fighting for one another in prayer and for yourself!

Sometimes prayer is reminding ourselves of the
glory, greatness, majesty, and wonder of our GOD.
It is such a blessing and a priveledge to know
HIM who reigns over all eternity as Father and
as Friend!! Consider HIS kindness, HIS mercies,
all HE has done and will do according to HIS
purpose and plan for you!! Just think!! You
have a part in GOD'S purpose and plan!!

2009/5/30 17:19Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Quote:
I know this verse gets taken out of context and used in ways that it shouldnt! I want to use this verse as I have been struggling in prayer to pray and it is a fight just to pray!

I know what you mean about this fight. T.A. Sparks has written a wonderful piece on prayer and he covers this fight that you speak of, it is titled [url=http://www.austin-sparks.net/english/books/in_touch_with_the_throne.html]In Touch With the Throne[/url]. Here is an excerpt from that booklet...

What we are coming to immediately as the thing of basic importance for us, having seen the nature of our warfare, is that the battlefield of this warfare is prayer. When the Apostle Paul has shown us the whole panoply of God, the armour in all its parts, and exhorted us to take it up and to stand, and withstand, he, as it were, spreads the ground under our feet and says: "With all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints." The battleground of this warfare is prayer. What I mean is this: that this battle is won on the ground of prayer, these forces are dealt with and defeated on the ground of prayer, and, that being so, the chief objective of the enemy is the prayer-life of the believer. That is the focal point of all the enemy's attention and strategy.

Now if we said no more than that, that is the supreme thing for our grasping and for our recognition. We have said the most important thing that can be said in this connection. The focal point of all the enemy's attention and strategy is the prayer-life of the believer. If he can destroy that by any means he has gained the day, defeated the saints and frustrated the ends of God. The enemy fights prayer persistently, energetically, violently and cunningly, and he fights the prayer-life of the believer. He fights it in various ways. First of all, he fights it along preventive lines, in the direction of prevention, and there has to be a tremendous battle and conflict to get prayer - not only to pray, but to have prayer, get prayer - and there is nothing in all the range of his wit, his cunning, his craftiness, his ingenuity and his resourcefulness that the enemy will not employ to prevent real spiritual prayer. I think it will probably be enough for us if we concentrate upon that just now.

I am quite sure that I have the agreement of most of the Lord's people when I say that one of the most difficult things, if not the most difficult thing, is to be able to get to prayer and give ourselves to prayer. When we contemplate prayer we meet a host of unsuspected and unforeseen difficulties which suddenly rise up as ambush forces breaking out upon us. Anything to prevent prayer! I am not saying something that you do not know, but I am saying it in order that you may recognize it clearly, definitely and deliberately, and face the fact that it is not just ordinary circumstances, but a designed, well-laid scheme of the enemy to prevent prayer. The enemy, instead of objecting, will promote occupation with a thousand and one things for the Lord if thereby he can crowd out prayer. He does not mind how busy we are in the Lord's work, nor how often we are found preaching, conducting meetings, and doing the many-sided work of the Lord, as we may call it. He knows quite well that all the work for the Lord which is not founded upon triumphant spiritual prayer will count for little or nothing in the long run and will break down.

2009/5/30 17:49Profile

Brother Dom, your Title to this thread is an excellent and much needed exhortation to us all.

FIGHT for one another in prayer and ourselves.

I find it easier to fight for others in prayer and just ask others to pray for me. Thank GOD for His Body - we're never alone and owe it to them to Fight for them, to the death if need be.

Thank you for the thought behind this title. Amen :-) !

2009/6/3 14:52
JoanM

Re: Fight in prayer

Oh fight for our brothers and sisters gathered in Barnsdall. We pray together in 15 minutes !-218-339-2222. code 7729#

6:00pm central time 4:00pm Pacific

2009/6/3 18:49Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy