Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Shavout

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
HeartSong

Shavout

Almost 2 months ago (around 50 days ago), I wrote about the First Passover in Egypt that took place 3500 years ago. God used Moses to deliver the children of Israel out of slavery from Egypt. The Lord spared the first born male child as each Jewish family slaughtered a male lamb without blemish, applying the blood of the lamb to their doorposts; which protected the first-born male from the angel of death.

Shavuot 3500 Years Ago

Fifty (50) days after this first Passover, Moses is up on Mt. Sinai and he receives from God the first written Word to the nation of Israel (the Ten Commandments). These were God’s blueprints of how Israel and mankind are to live and conduct their lives. 1500 Years Later, Yeshua (Jesus) the Messiah is born!

Passover 2000 Years Ago

When Yeshua (Jesus) was 33 years old, on the exact same day as the first Passover, the 14th of Nissan, Yeshua prophetically fulfilled the Passover as He was slaughtered at the exact same time that the sacrificial lamb was to be killed. It is Yeshua’s blood that saves and delivers us from sin and eternal death.

Yeshua lay in the tomb for three days and then rose from the dead. For a period of 40 days He appeared and gave instructions to the apostles. He spoke to them about the Kingdom of God and He gave them this command:

“Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. In a few days you will be baptized with the Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit).” (Acts 1:3-5)

Shavuot 2000 Years Ago

It was on this Jewish holiday of Shavuot, exactly 50 days after Passover, when the disciples were all together in one accord and in one place.

“Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house.” All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues (Acts 2). This event was prophesied in Joel 2:28 and 3,000 Jewish souls were saved in one day!

These are no mere coincidences. First, the Law (Torah - Word of God) was given to Moses at Mt. Sinai on Shavuot, and then, on the exact same day (Shavuot) about 1,500 years later the Law (Torah) was written on the people’s hearts as the Holy Spirit filled all those who believed in the Lord Yeshua, as it says in Jeremiah 31:31-33:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people."

Taken from "Bibles for Israel"

2009/5/28 10:03Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy