SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Looking for Oswald Chambers like/type author(s). Any suggestions ?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:

ebeth wrote:
Have you read any of the many books by `Andrew Murray? Oh, so deep and Truth!His words Quicken my spirit.
Lovingly,
Elizabeth

Thanks Elizabeth, I just got Absolute Surrender. I have only read bits of his work online but am looking forward to reading an entire work. I may very well start reading this one today!

Thanks again.

2009/6/5 10:05Profile
whatever9124

Re: Looking for Oswald Chambers like/type author(s). Any suggestions ?

I have 2. One is a book called "The Practice of the Presence of God." and the other book is called, "Touching God". <3 Read either one of them, and then read something from Oswald Chambers.

The first one, "The Practice of the Presence of God", I haven't read yet, but I have read "Touching God" (written by the Clarks).

All I can say is, it's the most basic of basics to point out what exactly the <3 is. :)

2012/1/23 21:35Profile
mkelly

Re:

the practice of the presence of God by brother Lawerence is a book you will never forget.i read Oswald Chamers daily devotional "my upmost for His highest daily.any thing you can get from D L Moody,E M Bounds,Andrew Murray,R A Torrey,Watchman Nee,Thomas A Kempis,A W Tozer,Leonard Ravenhill,will be some as Jim Cymbala said in his book "breakthrough prayer" when he gets to heaven he is going to thank the brothers he mentioned for the insight and encouragement they gave him.i named off a few more than he named but feel the same way

2012/1/23 23:40Profile

Re:

A bit different style but wonderful similarities....George Warnock; free on line...

http://www.georgewarnock.com/

And.....T. Austen Sparks..[ prolific...my mentor..] at:

Emmanuel church...Free...918-838-1385

.........................918-437-7064

Give as led.

2012/1/24 11:40

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy