SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Looking for Oswald Chambers like/type author(s). Any suggestions ?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
tjservant

Indiana USA

Looking for Oswald Chambers like/type author(s). Any suggestions ?

Looking for Oswald Chambers like/type author(s). Any suggestions ?

I really enjoy reading Oswald Chambers. I love to read...period, but something about his ability to so beautifully articulate such tremendously insightful and profound thoughts has always drawn me.

I was wondering... who most reminds you of Oswald Chambers?

Thanks in advance

2009/5/28 8:51Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re: Looking for Oswald Chambers like/type author(s). Any suggestions ?

As far as ability to beautifully articulate insightful thoughts: C.H. Spurgeon, Thomas Watson, J.C. Ryle, Matthew Henry, and Thomas Brooks come to mind.

2009/5/28 8:54Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

to me i find T.A Sparks and Watchman Nee very close to Chambers, may differ in style and ect, but i think they think a lot in the same ways.

The School of Christ with Sparks is a good starter if you havent already :-)

and the spiritual man by nee i have heard many say is a masterpiece and on my "to read very soon list"

2009/5/28 10:21Profile

Hi Tjservant!

Put these into your searchengine:

J.Gregory Mantles "The Way of the Cross"

P.T. Forsyth

William Law

Andrew Murray

Bob Mumford "Agape Road"

Watchman Nee

Gerhard O Forde "On Beig a Theologian of the Cross" Reflections on Luther's Heidelberg Disputation,1518.

A.W. Tozer

Geo. Macdonald [universalist] "Creation in Christ"

Give me your e-mail address and will I send you the preface-intro's to this.

2009/5/28 19:05
Ruach34

Beijing

Re:

yeah, I echo Intense. PT Forsyth has some great stuff...
I am also finishing up J. Gregory Mantle's book on Beyond Humiliation. I have not found its equal...

2009/5/28 19:17Profile

Re:

Quote:

Ruach34 wrote:
yeah, I echo Intense. PT Forsyth has some great stuff...
I am also finishing up J. Gregory Mantle's book on Beyond Humiliation. I have not found its equal...

Amen Brother! The Bible reads different after reading his [Mantle] account of things; Puts icing on the cake of everything Chambers has ever written. I have to believe Chambers drew upon Mantle in his Christian walk and understanding of the Scriptures. I hope you take up Devern Fromke's books as well. They will complete the cycle in your thinking. . . .Ken

2009/5/29 5:11

[url=http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/living_grace/]Dr Martyn Lloyd-Jones[/url]

There are some sermons and articles here on SI, and there are other sites. Not much is 'free' - but that's - because people are willing to pay.

2009/5/29 8:26

Re:

I asked a friend (Jeff Wooldridge) your question, TJ, and he said,

"Oswald Chambers was powerful, uncompromising, personal exhorter who also had keen insight into the areas of art, culture, philosophy, psycology, and literature. The only one I can think of right now that might be comparable as an exhorter and yet have some of the other qualities as well would be STEPHEN OLFORD. Maybe you could find some of his written or oral teaching and find out what it is like."

Hope that helps a little. :)

2009/5/29 21:38
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Thank you all!!!

I will check out the ones I am not familiar with. I really appreciate you all taking the time to reply. :-)

2009/5/30 17:18Profile

Have you read any of the many books by `Andrew Murray? Oh, so deep and Truth!His words Quicken my spirit.
Lovingly,
Elizabeth

2009/6/5 9:55

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy