SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Keys to the kingdom of heaven

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
rbanks

The Keys to the kingdom of heaven

To be given the keys to the kingdom of heaven is an awesome responsibility and will not be given to just anyone.

Matthew 16:17-19 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

2009/5/27 23:00Profile

Re: The Keys to the kingdom of heaven

Quote:

rbanks wrote:
To be given the keys to the kingdom of heaven is an awesome responsibility and will not be given to just anyone.

Matthew 16:17-19 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Anyone who is truly born again is given the keys. [John 3.3and 5]. The problem with unlocking the door lays with the struggle that now takes place within that one because of the solicitation of the devil who says: "Do it your own way". "Climb over the fence".

2009/5/29 5:41

Quote:
"Do it your own way". "Climb over the fence".

Surely this would be a temptation only to someone who had not yet gone through the Door? John 10:9.

2009/5/29 11:54

Re:

Quote:

Alive-to-God wrote:
Quote:
"Do it your own way". "Climb over the fence".

Surely this would be a temptation only to someone who had not yet gone through the Door? John 10:9.

Why? I find alot of those who went through the door did so without counting the cost and then backed out. You of course know some folk like that, I'm sure?

2009/5/29 14:09
rbanks

Re:

Notice Jesus said that He was going to build His Church because he said "my Church".

He also said that the gates of hell will not prevail against the church he was building.

He told Peter that he was going to give Him the keys to the kingdom of heaven for authority to bind and loose on the earth.

The revelation that Simon received from the Father that Jesus was the Christ, the son of the living God was told to Simon by Jesus including giving him a new name of Peter meaning a rock was to show him how Jesus was going to build His church.

Jesus is divine with a divine nature. We are made partakers of the divine nature by the new birth. Divinity dwells in those truly born of God but only as they are of Christ Jesus. We do not possess the divine nature it has to take possession of us. God does not take our freedom away from us therefore we must will to do God's will.

The Holy Spirit fills and dwells in those who obey the Lord Jesus Christ. No one can continually walk in the Spirit without obedience to God.

Jesus is building His Church through sanctified, Holy Spirit filled vessels who are totally submitted to Him.

The bible says that knowledge puffeth up but Charity edifies. There is also a knowledge falsely so called.

We must be continually filled with the Spirit and walk humbly with God in obedience.

Blessings to all!

2009/5/29 14:25Profile

Re:

Quote:

rbanks wrote:
Notice Jesus said that He was going to build His Church because he said "my Church".

He also said that the gates of hell will not prevail against the church he was building.

He told Peter that he was going to give Him the keys to the kingdom of heaven for authority to bind and loose on the earth.

The revelation that Simon received from the Father that Jesus was the Christ, the son of the living God was told to Simon by Jesus including giving him a new name of Peter meaning a rock was to show him how Jesus was going to build His church.

Jesus is divine with a divine nature. We are made partakers of the divine nature by the new birth. Divinity dwells in those truly born of God but only as they are of Christ Jesus. We do not possess the divine nature it has to take possession of us. God does not take our freedom away from us therefore we must will to do God's will.

The Holy Spirit fills and dwells in those who obey the Lord Jesus Christ. No one can continually walk in the Spirit without obedience to God.

Jesus is building His Church through sanctified, Holy Spirit filled vessels who are totally submitted to Him.

The bible says that knowledge puffeth up but Charity edifies. There is also a knowledge falsely so called.

We must be continually filled with the Spirit and walk humbly with God in obedience.

Blessings to all!

Suppose I said that, because of the new birth by which we receive the indwelling Holy Spirit; that divinity residing in us that is the very Life of Christ Jesus, we are responsible for it? What would that do to your perspective concerning being born again from above and now, in reality, are "seated with Christ in Heavenly places"?

2009/5/29 14:39

Quote:
that divinity residing in us that is the very Life of Christ Jesus, we are responsible for it?

We cannot possibly be 'responsible for' the life of Jesus Christ. It never becomes 'ours' [i]per se[/i].

He is responsible for His life in us. Our part is to yield and defer to Him, and to be exercised by walking in the Spirit - denying our flesh, taking up our cross, obeying the grace of life as it flows through us, if it flows through us. It is not for [i]us[/i]. It is to spend and be spent on others at His direction.

2009/5/29 14:59

Re:

Quote:

Alive-to-God wrote:
Quote:
that divinity residing in us that is the very Life of Christ Jesus, we are responsible for it?

We cannot possibly be 'responsible for' the life of Jesus Christ. It never becomes 'ours' [i]per se[/i].

How's that? Jesus was responsible for the "Word" within Him. . . What do you believe His temptations were all about? or should I ask that question?

2009/5/29 15:28
rbanks

Re:

Quote:

Intense wrote:
Quote:

How's that? Jesus was responsible for the "Word" within Him. . . What do you believe His temptations were all about? or should I ask that question?

Intense,

Are you living responsibly before God?

Are you filled with the Holy Ghost?

When was the last time God used you to lay hands on someone to set them free from sin, heal the sick, by the power of the Holy Ghost.

Could you give a time or situation recently where God has used you? I would appreciate hearing about it.

2009/5/29 18:42Profile

Re:

Quote:

rbanks wrote:
Quote:

Intense wrote:
Quote:

Intense,

Are you living responsibly before God?

Are you filled with the Holy Ghost?

When was the last time God used you to lay hands on someone to set them free from sin, heal the sick, by the power of the Holy Ghost.

Could you give a time or situation recently where God has used you? I would appreciate hearing about it.

I could say lots to the question in the affirmative however, why the question and why the need to know? If God expressed himself from me why should I speak of it except to say God did this or God did that, without reference to myself?
Since you have taken the liberty to post a quote of mine posted to someone else, how about responding to the question I asked with regards to the temptations of Jesus whose resposibility it was to protect the Word within Him? Bet you never looked at it like that before, eh? I mean, Jesus was God and all that, eh?

2009/5/29 19:04

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy