SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Rainbow Girls?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Sentry

West Monroe, Louisiana

Rainbow Girls?

Hi all...

I need some advice.

My wife and I lead a Recovery Ministry at our Church.
We have a Mother that comes to class and her daughter (16 years old) is suffering from Bulimia. (Eating Disorder) I've never dealt with this before and would like any feedback I can get.

As the subject states, this girl apparently went to some "meetings" called Rainbow Girls. I never heard of it, but it seems to be a branch of the Free Masons. She was 14 at the time...and it seems that her problems started around the same time. This family are wonderful Christian people, but they don't know what to do for their daughter.

It is a very serious problem.
Currently, we are just trying to offer support and prayer.

The daughter does not want anyone to know about her problem.
This girl vomits everyday...they have found containers of vomit hidden in her bedroom.

This saddens me deeply and I look for any advice I can get.

We also cherish your prayers.

Her name is Katelyn

Thank you.

Mark

2009/5/27 11:05Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: Rainbow Girls?

Hello,

My family encouraged me to join the Rainbow Girls when I was a teenager. Even bought me one of the rings. I was unimpressed. Too much pomp and snobbery. The other members were all from well to do families and not interested in me. Praise the Lord!

My family was more interested in me being a member than I was. I stopped attending soon after joining. Thank God for keeping my head from being turned by their empty values.

We were attending a a Church at that time and no one there spoke up against the organization. My step-father was a Deacon and a Mason. Sadly, they attended for show, they did not live the word. My mother now belongs to a feel good church that meets in a building that looks just like a pre-fab mosque. I kid you not. Breaks my heart. She is thrilled because the preacher used to be a rock n' roll piano player and he performs for the membership.

At my step-father's funeral services no one mention was made of the salvation made possible by our Lord's sacrifice. The service was a celebration of my step-father's life. After wards, the preacher told me that if Daddy didn't make it to heaver, he didn't know who would. I had to bite my tongue.

I will pray for the girl,
white stone

2009/5/27 18:18Profile
anonymity

Hi :),

at first I thought you were talking about the Rainbow people which are kinda like modern day hippies.

As for the Mason's there is much rumor about them. You can easily study up on it (if you haven't already that is). Is it Satanic? Well what of Christ is not to some degree. It is funny that they use the word Lucifer and bearer of light and so forth though that name is not necessarily bad. It is a weird sort of religion whatever way you look at it. However from my understanding much of it is just like clubs and so forth and the religious degree can vary from place to place. I was once even told that they cater to different religions in different places so I have even heard of a Christian one and a Christian friend who went but cannot vouch for the validity of it.

I am not sure that I can say that this condition is based on the Mason involvement it could be though. I would somewhat lean toward it being more of a teenage thing. I do not know if she is saved or not, but that would be first. I remember in my youth before I was a Christian I suffered depression and social anxiety and as everyone knows especially young girls have many pressures on them as far as their appearance is concerned. The fact is if you care about what the world thinks and the world is all you have then if you cannot live up to it's standards then all you have is over and so extreme conditions like this are created. Often because of this possibly mixed with demonic activity that seeks to destroy and just the nature of all the harshities of being a youth it combines to overcome a person. She needs much prayer, knowledge that she is loved whether she is beautiful or not, counseling and wisdom. I guess though that the bottom line is if she is bound to the world and possibly bound to a level of vanity then in this sin she has bound herself. I can say that I had this problem not with weight, but with acne and it was so hard however when I got saved I stopped caring by the power of the Holy Spirit and whether it was my age or not it seemed that it dramatically disappeared and hasn't ever been back in any significant way not to be wealth and health prosperity preaching but I think it may have been from God or not interesting at least. This is a MAJOR problem in our youth today they can be told that they are loved unconditionally and that character is more important but that is not enough for them because they want to be like Hollywood or whatever.

2009/5/27 18:32Profile

Hi Brother Mark,
I will be praying for Katelyn: you didn't mention whether she was a Christian or is even open to Christians, but I will share a little of my story in the hopes that it might help.
In the distant past (in my early to mid teens~ about 20 years ago) I had problems with poor body image and would excessively diet/exercise to lose weight. I praise God that He delivered me from that, but it was only after I had made that conscious decision to eat normally and sensibly, that God was able to help me the rest of the way.
Even when I was at a very low weight, I still wanted to be thinner and this is the problem with being caught up in this dieting cycle. Your ministry and desire to be a support to her and her family, along with your wife, is truly wonderful. There will come a time when she will be faced with the reasons why she feels the way she does about herself and wants to be free from these compulsions, and this is when she will really need your and your wife's support.
What helped me reach this turning point was meeting regularly with a Christian friend, who listened. For me, having someone to listen, without judging, and to show the compassion of Christ, is what truly helped. I had people, who had good intentions, tell me that my body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and that I was sinning by my treating myself the way I was. I knew this already, but it didn't stop me at the time. There are reasons behind poor self image, there are feelings to work through, there are prayers to be prayed and scriptures of God's promises to heal and to restore to be read.
As we know, our God is more than able to heal this young lady (and to bring her to a point of knowing her need for true and whole salvation) and I'm sure that this will happen through your and your wife's continued support and prayers... I will join you in prayer for Katelyn and her family, this side of the pond. If I can be of anymore help, then please feel free to PM me.
Your sister in Christ,
Joy

2009/5/27 19:18

Re:

God bless you sister White Stone, may Jesus just fill your heart so wonderfully.....and that goes for my other sister "hquest".

much love, in Jesus' love, neil

2009/5/27 19:38
Sentry

West Monroe, Louisiana

Re:

Thanks for your response and prayers.
This young girl is a Christian, and is very involved with the youth group at the Church.
I guess that's what really puzzles me.

As far as the Rainbows, her parents went one time to one of the meetings and said it was very strange. Lot's of rules and rituals. Her father took a picture of her while there, and they scolded him for doing so. They said that no pictures were allowed while the Bible was open. The "Bible" was a large white bible on a pedestal.

Anyway, my main concern is getting this girl set free from such a horrible bondage.

In Christ.

Mark

2009/5/28 8:27Profile
JWaldron

Re: Rainbow

Just as information, the Masonic organization is not a religion, but open to all faiths who believe in one God (Christian, Jewish, and Islamic). The purpose of the organization is to promote good works, make good people better people, help aid and assist the poor, the sick and the needy. The Masonic family contribute to charitable causes to the tune of about $2,000,000 a day. They have built and support 22 Shriner's Hospitals where nothing is charged to the families. They also run an eye foundation that gives sight to the blind, send local ministers of all faiths to the Holy Land, sponsor all manner of medical research, and do a lot of good in the local communities. Many of America's best and brightest have been and are Freemasons, Such as Gene Autry, Sen. Bob Dole, President Harry Truman, and many many others. There is much written information on the Masonic fraternities from both within and without. I was married by an Anglican Minister who is a Freemason, and also a decorated Vietnam War hero. A good many of the older Baptists churches throughout the South were founded and built by Freemasons.

The youth organizations stress obedience to the parents, good citizenship, and require the performance of civic charity. In a world where children are subjected to all the evils of society, one would hope that such organization as Rainbow Girls would be a welcome relief. Some of the most devote young ladies I have met were either Rainbow Girls or Job's Daughters. I pray this young girl gets better, but I doubt Rainbow Girls was the cause of it.

2009/6/11 4:33Profile
growingholly

Re:

i was a rainbow girl as a teen also.

i beg you, i beg you, i BEG you, please tell them they NEED to remove her from this. it is an organization that promotes the things mentioned below...but it is something that has just enough religion to keep people from falling into the arms of Christ. it is a works-based cult. it will only serve to take her away form His power under the guise of goodness. it's just like any other religious group that is not founded completely on the basis of faith in Jesus Christ. i use strong words here because that is a strong deception. i have been under it myself. i don't say this judgementally in a wrong way, but fearfully, recalling the Word in galatians, in proverbs, in teh very words of Christ Himself, in many, many places where God warns wand warns and warns of this type of thing...

now: i don't know that the eating disorder is necessarily influenced by the rainbow girls but it could be a possibility. but the eating disorder is a sin pattern that needs to be dealt with. most likely someone is hurting her (which could be anybody, really). this is one likely reason why she is doing this. or just the pressure to be perfect in the rainbow girls environment (of which i speak experientially) is also a likely factor. neither possibility would excuse it..but they may explain it.

i struggled with an eating disorder before. but its real name was gluttony. but the thing is, if she loves Jesus she must not disrespect her body like that. she needs to talk with you or with someone trusted about what is influencing her to do this.

i'll be praying.

2009/6/11 20:36Profile
growingholly

Re:

sorry..you guys know i don't generally speak harshly. but this is a gospel importance!!! this family is in real danger here...

please forgive me if you think i was too hard. but this is something i know about personally. and these people are in real danger of being just religious enough to condemn their sous...

2009/6/11 20:40Profile
Sentry

West Monroe, Louisiana

Re:

growingholly,

I am very thankful for your comments.

I fear that, (like you said) this is way off base. God is not in it. At ALL.

The things I've heard from this family is contrary to God's Word. I appreciate your prayers and support.

2009/6/15 12:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy