Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Hello from Birmingham

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Hey, it's a mini- SermonIndex convention!
That's great, hopefully we will get some reports back from them,... ;-)

2004/8/28 9:47Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re:

There was a true move of God in Birmingham. You could see the despair among many folks there and God lifted up a lot of people who were on their last legs, so to speak. I've never seen so many people hungry for Jesus at one place. That alone was worth going.

I'm praying that some folks will join and contribute to SI. After having spend a lot of time with some pastors from various places, I have a better feel of the difficulties in the ministry. It's easy to forget that's it's all about Jesus. It's easy to lose that focus even if you're not a minister.

As for me spiritually, God encouraged me so much. I've been in a such a dry place spiritually and I was just overwhelmed by the presence of God. Brother Dave gave a very short talk (less than 25 minutes), which was a synposis on unbelief. If the Holy Spirit has shown you this is an issue you need to deal with, you need to hear this.

We played it back on the way back from the airport and suffice it to say we couldn't speak. That's how it was today as well.

It's so encouraging to see that there are those who are willing not to compromise, preach the word of God with power and authority in love, and endure. I was encouraged, as were many others.

To God be the glory!

Ed

2004/8/29 0:01Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
As for me spiritually, God encouraged me so much. I've been in a such a dry place spiritually and I was just overwhelmed by the presence of God.

Praise God thanks for sharing brother Ed! man it really sounds like God was working in a mighty way, he is preparing a bride who is spotless without reproach, praise be to His name!

2004/8/29 10:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy