SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Support : Burning Sermons to CD

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rnieman

Burning Sermons to CD

Hello all, I was wondering how to burn a sermon to CD that is greater in length than the CD that it is being burnt to. Using Windows Media Player, it will not allow me to do so. Is there a way to cut off a portion of the sermon?

Thanks, rnieman

2009/5/26 11:49Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: Burning Sermons to CD

I had a program I paid for once (musicmatch or something like that) and I think it would divide whatever it was that you wanted to burn.

For those long sermons, I just bought an mp3 player and hooked it up in my car with a cassette player! Now, I hardly burn any CD's anymore for myself. I burn them for other people.

I bought an RCA 8 gb mp3 player and goodness gracious, it's wonderful! When I want to go into a store and finish listening to a sermon, I hook up my ear buds and away I go "amening" the whole way! LOL

IPOD's are good. I think I might invest in one the next time because alarm clocks and different type of boom box devices are made where the IPOD snaps right down inside of it! All your sermons and music right at your finger tips with no wires and some mighty nice speakers!

Technology sure is nice when we it's what we need!!

[edit: music match has become yahoo music I think. Still have to pay for it! If you have to invest in anything, mp3 is the way to go! (But don't let me influence you)]

:-P :-D :-) 8-)

2009/5/26 12:14Profile
rnieman

Re:

Thanks Lysa, I to purchased a MP3 this year and love it... I'm burning this for my in-laws who are not quite there yet with technology. Thank you for your help I will give it try. rnieman

2009/5/26 12:24Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

I use the open source software application Audacity to perform these kind of tasks, it works very well and is simple to use. You could use it to either shorten the sermon by cutting out portions, such as long introductions, or you could use it to lop off the recording at the 80 minute mark and save the remaining audio to a seperate file which could then be burned to a second CD.

You can download Audacity for free [url=http://audacity.sourceforge.net/]HERE[/url]. If you are pleased with the product they do accept donations.

In Christ,

Ron

2009/5/26 12:34Profile
rnieman

Re:

Thank you Ron. I just used this program to shorten the message, but every couple of seconds it says something like AVS Media Den. How do I get rid of this? thanks, rnieman

2009/5/26 15:31Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
Thank you Ron. I just used this program to shorten the message, but every couple of seconds it says something like AVS Media Den. How do I get rid of this? thanks, rnieman

If there is something in the original audio file that you want to edit out, simply select and delete the sections of audio that you don't want.

In Christ,

Ron

2009/5/26 17:29Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

A few years ago, I discovered a GREAT little program just for that. It was well worth the 9.95 that I purchased it for. It’s called COOL MP3 splitter. It is very user friendly. My mom (68 years old) uses it and loves it.

http://www.yaosoft.com/buy_mp3_splitter.htm

On the first screen, it lets you browse for your file. You can then choose “Method 1”, and go to a screen that lets you add breakpoints to the file. When you add a break point, it puts a number in a box (must be milliseconds). If you don’t like your selection, you can take out the breakpoint, and add another one. You can also choose fade in and fade out options.

When you get your breakpoints added in, you choose “next”, and “start output”. It is best to leave the “Recompress MP3” box checked. It leaves the original file intact, but in the same folder it has (1), (2), (3) etc. of the same file, according to the number of breakpoints that you gave it.

It works really well for what you need it for.

Recently I discovered that a program that came with my laptop Windows Movie Maker does a similar thing with video clips . . . only much more advanced (video of course) . . . yet it kind-of works the same way. I was able to put clips from church services on Youtube (which only allows 10 minute clips). Many people surf the internet. The enemy has his propaganda out there, but THANK GOD for the opportunity to make the Word of God available there too!

Keep up the good work! Keep sowing the good seed . . . with whatever technology you can. God will give the increase!

Have you discovered www.faithcomesbyhearing.com ? You can download audio Bibles in other languages, and make CDs and give them to people that you meet who don't speak English.

God bless you,

Brother Michael

2009/5/27 0:29Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Like Ron, I use audacity. Try this. Import the file into audacity, go to edit/preferences and choose a lower sample rate, then export as an MP3. Quality will suffer a bit. You probably don't want to try this with sermons that are very old and are hard to hear anyhow, but it should work well with good recordings. I use a sansa clip MP3 player to record teachings, and then convert them to MP3 this way. I have taken 1.5 hours of teaching and turned it into a file that is under 10 Meg while still retaining decent sound quality so I can e-mail them as attachments to people who want to hear them.

2009/5/31 11:07Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: Shorten Sermons

[b]How to make sermons shorter without buying anything![/b]

I make my own ring tones and it occurred to me that you can shorten the sermons as well with this and keep the original sermon in tact!

1) Download iTunes (if you haven't already)

After it's finished installing, [b]BEFORE[/b] import any sermons or music, open iTunes up:
Edit >
General tab >
Import Settings >
[b]Import Using: MP3 Encoder[/b] > Ok

(Because before I figured this out, it had already changed everything over to AAC or something like that and I had to delete it all and start over importing!)

2) Right click on sermon
~ Options tab
~ Change the Start/Stop time to the times desired. 0 to 80 minutes;;; click ok

3) Back at the List screen, right click on the sermon and click on [b]"Create MP3 Version"[/b] and right below it should appear the correct timed version.
** [b]Do NOT[/b] click on create ring tone or it will charge you the going rate of ring tones to create this free shorten sermon!!!**

3) Then you can go into the iTunes folder and copy the correct one to your CD.

This should work for you, if not, pm me!

2009/7/2 15:01Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy