SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Christ, Our Friend.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
loveyouall

India

Christ, Our Friend.

Christ, Our Friend.

Jn 15: 15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

Proverbs 17: 17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

1. A friend speaks to his friend.

Exodus 33: 11 And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

2. A friend intercedes to another friend,

Job 42: 10 And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before. {gave...: Heb. added all that had been to Job unto the double}

3. A friend strengthens another friend.

Lk 12: 4 And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.

4. A friend corrects another friend .

Prov 27: 6 Faithful [are] the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy [are] deceitful. {deceitful: or, earnest, or, frequent}

5. A friend sympathizes to another friend.

Jn 8: 6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with [his] finger wrote on the ground, [as though he heard them not].

7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.

9 And they which heard [it], being convicted by [their own] conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, [even] unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

6. A friend reveals secrets to another friend,

Jn 15: 15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

7. A friend loves another friend.

Pro 17: 17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

2009/5/26 9:15Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Christ, Our Friend.

I wonder if we are able to grasp this precious
priveledge; that the Sovereign Lord and Ruler
of the universe desires to be our friend!!

2009/5/26 11:02Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy