SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : So which is it? Are you still a sinner saved by grace or a saint

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

Wow, I guess it will just be you, Logic (maybe?), and Jesse Morell on the new Earth...

*Edit* - Sorry, forgot about Finney.

2009/5/27 12:22Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

salvation is not a one time event in a past tense.

Joh 3:16 says beliveth that in the original language is in a tense i think you call it in english :-P that is ongoing so to say, continuing.... so we where saved by grace, we are being saved by grace, we will be saved by grace if we beliveth on him continually.

and as a beliver, a genuine born again beliver we get a new nature, we have put off the old man, and as you say its a shame when someone puts the old man back on.

I have come to the conclusion that we need not sin, we dont have to, but so often we do sin, and God is showing us the way and why he came, "He shall save his people from their sins"

also i have noticed it does liittle good sharing this with others, this doctrine if i myself are not absolutley in likness with Christ and his humble heart and spirit in me, the way you come of in some responses intense makes me think why you speak of these things to others? Jesus was not like that nor did he do it like that.

let us hate sin like Jesus, we are commanded to walk like Jesus, not sinning so to say, Gods grace enables us to follow him and we meet no temtation not common to man, and He is ablee to keep us.

but the road is long, we stray easily, in thoughts motives , actions ect, God is a good God wanting us to be like the Lord so he directs us back to the road, sometimes we are heard at heart so he allows us to fall into even deeper sin, we can be proud of being free from sin, climbing out of a 10 foot pit of sin like adultery or something to fall into a 1000 foot pit of spiritual pride.

fight the good fight...... if we already had won why fight?

there will be a fight til the day we see him, every day, every moment we will fight against satan , the world and the flesh, maybe you win them all, but i have lost many battles, i won some,, and some i fight daily, butt knowing this i rejoice!

he who started a good work will finish it, and also knowing God wants me to stop sinning much more then i do, and he has blessed me with all hevenly riches in Christ to my despsal to overcome sin in this world, that is very encuraging.

God bless

2009/5/27 12:25Profile

Re:

Why all of this nonsense in wanting to shift it around to make me the subject? I am not the subject as you wish it to be. Understanding that we are saints who were sinners, who have been saved by grace, is the issue. A born again individual is indwelt by the very Nature of God, who seeks to have His Character developed in that one as was in Jesus; Imputation unto impartation. That is not cult thinking, Buddhism, "goatism or any other "ism". It is good Bible.

I asked the question that has been ignored [per usual]: Are you seated with Christ in Heavenly places? Let me now add another: Have you reckoned yourself self dead to sin? Please don't ignore those two questions. Deal honestly with them. If the answer is no, repent and get on with it. We have a loving and forgiving God. I am not here to condemn anyone. Learn that if you are born again, He is your Father.

I wrestle with the same issues. However, I do know I am a saint . . learning how to become faithful in Christ Jesus. [EPH 1.1]. I am a child of God learning by the teaching of Holy Spirit, to become a son, to be "brought unto Glory" IN Christ Jesus, as Jesus Christ was brought unto..

2009/5/27 12:44
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

[b]Are you seated with Christ in Heavenly places?[/b] Yes.

[b]Let me now add another: Have you reckoned yourself self dead to sin?[/b] Yes.

2009/5/27 12:47Profile

Re:

Quote:

TaylorOtwell wrote:
[b]Are you seated with Christ in Heavenly places?[/b] Yes.

[b]Let me now add another: Have you reckoned yourself self dead to sin?[/b] Yes.

Yes! and Yes! And now I am free to learn not to sin and to be faithful in Christ Jesus. Does that makes sense? I now have liberty to do that BECAUSE I am in Christ Jesus. He set me free! Does that ring a bell?

[color=000000]"And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure." 1 John 3:3 (KJV) [/color]

2009/5/27 12:50

Re: So which is it? Are you still a sinner saved by grace or a saint

Hi Intense,

If what you wrote in your last post is true, what was all that stuff in the Adam's sin ... our guilt? thread, about the Mount of Transfiguaration being the pinnacle of Jesus' life - or, that suggestion you made - that Mary was a model for 'the church' in the mind of Christ?

Regarding the question in your thread title, you have not given a biblical definition of 'saint', yet, and I'd be interested to know how you'd phrase it. Would you be so kind?

Thanks.

2009/5/27 12:53
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
I now I am free to learn not to sin and to be faithful in Christ Jesus. Does that makes sense? I now have liberty to do that BECAUSE I am in Christ Jesus. He set me free! Does that ring a bell?

Sure, I could agree with that aspect of your beliefs.

2009/5/27 12:54Profile

Re:

No. I don't trust you.

2009/5/27 12:54

Re: So which is it? Are you still a sinner saved by grace or a saint

Quote:
now I am free to learn not to sin

Something about this statement bothers me. It's that word 'learn' again.

It should read 'now I am free to practise not sinning'.... shouldn't it?

2009/5/27 12:58

Re:

The test is given us that, in the failing or success, we "learn".

[color=000000] [i]"In your patience possess ye your souls."[/i] Luke 21:19.

"When a man is born again, there is not the same robustness in his thinking or reasoning for a time as formerly. We have to make an expression of the new life, to form the mind of Christ. “Acquire your soul with patience.” Many of us prefer to stay at the threshold of the Christian life instead of going on to construct a soul in accordance with the new life God has put within. We fail because we are ignorant of the way we are made, we put things down to the devil instead of our own undisciplined natures. Think what we can be when we are roused!"

Chambers, O. (1993, c1935). My utmost for his highest : Selections for the year (May 20). Grand Rapids, MI: Discovery House Publishers.[/color]

2009/5/27 13:02

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy