SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : So which is it? Are you still a sinner saved by grace or a saint

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

Intense,

I think a better question is can you find us one "saint" in the Bible who was not a member of a visible, local church where they gathered with other believers?

With care in Christ,
Taylor

2009/5/27 11:39Profile

Re:

Quote:

TaylorOtwell wrote:
Intense,

I think a better question is can you find us one "saint" in the Bible who was not a member of a visible, local church where they gathered with other believers?

With care in Christ,
Taylor

In times of Roman conquest, many churches were not so visible.

2009/5/27 11:48
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

I understand that during times of persecution, churches were sometimes less visible. However, that is not the situation here.

Your beliefs clearly put you outside of historic Christian beliefs, therefore, out of all existing churches. Now, the question I'm getting at is, can you really Biblically be called a "saint" if your are completely outside of the churches of Christ, both presently and historically? And, since there is no saint in the Scripture that was not also a member of a visible church.

2009/5/27 11:52Profile

Re:

Quote:

TaylorOtwell wrote:
I understand that during times of persecution, churches were sometimes less visible. However, that is not the situation here.

Your beliefs clearly put you outside of historic Christian beliefs, therefore, out of all existing churches. Now, the question I'm getting at is, can you really Biblically be called a "saint" if your are completely outside of the churches of Christ, both presently and historically? And, since there is no saint in the Scripture that was not also a member of a visible church.

My beliefs?? I rest in what Paul wrote: Everything Paul wrote in any one of his letters.. More than that from you and I will take as an attempt by you to pick fly dirt out of pepper.

2009/5/27 11:55
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

No, you rest in your interpretation of what Paul wrote. Also, I don't consider not being a member of any visible church, not being accountable to anyone, and not taking the Lord's supper with other believers "picking fly dirt out of pepper". Especially when there is not a single example of a saint in the Bible not being a member of a visible church.

2009/5/27 11:57Profile

Re:

Pick away, my friend

2009/5/27 12:00
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

Alright. The thread was about determining whether one is a sinner saved by grace or a saint, so I'm simply pointing out you have no Scriptural basis for calling yourself a saint if there is no Biblical example of one being called a saint while not being associated with a visible, local church.

2009/5/27 12:03Profile

Re:

A Christian WAS a sinner saved by grace. He no longer is! . . IF HE IS A CHRISTIAN. Are you a Christian? Are you still a sinner. SHAME!

2009/5/27 12:08
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi intense...

Quote:
So which is it? Are you still a sinner saved by grace or a saint?

Why does it have to be one thing or another? Perhaps a [i]saint[/i] is simply a [i]sinner saved by grace[/i]?

Just a thought. I think that we dig too deeply into things that just aren't meant to be that confusing.

2009/5/27 12:09Profile

Re:

Not confusing at all. Let me ask this question: Are you seated with Christ in Heavenly places?

Note the sign: "No sinners allowed".

Quote:

ccchhhrrriiisss wrote:
Hi intense...
Quote:
So which is it? Are you still a sinner saved by grace or a saint?

Why does it have to be one thing or another? Perhaps a [i]saint[/i] is simply a [i]sinner saved by grace[/i]?

Just a thought. I think that we dig too deeply into things that just aren't meant to be that confusing.

2009/5/27 12:11

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy