SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Scripture Help - Endure to the End

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Scripture Help - Endure to the End

I am looking for Scriptures that deal with a Christians responsibility to endure to the end in order to be saved. Please help me out and list any scriptures that come to mind on this subject. Thanks for your help!

God bless,

Patrick
www.jonahproject.org

2009/5/22 17:46Profile

Re: Scripture Help - Endure to the End

Greetings Patrick.

The easiest way to go about anything like this - if you have e-sword - paste a couple of Scriptures into the Study Notes Section and then check each with R. A. Torrey's "Treasury of Scriptural Knowledge". If nothing else, maybe it would make him smile in Heaven, that his years of work on this great cross-reference compilation was not in vain. :-)

Maybe starting with just these may be helpful -

Matthew 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Mat. 24:13-14 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Mark 13:13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Heb. 3:6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, If we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

Heb. 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, If we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast unto the end

1Pe 1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ

1Peter 4:7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.

Rev. 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations

GOD Bless you & yours.

2009/5/25 15:37

Re: Scripture Help - Endure to the End

1 Peter 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, [even] the salvation of [your] souls.

About enduring...

Genesis 22:4 Then on the third day Abraham lifted up his eyes, and saw the place afar off. 5 And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you. 6 And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid [it] upon Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together. 7 And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here [am] I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where [is] the lamb for a burnt offering? 8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

Genesis 33:12 And he said, Let us take our journey, and let us go, and I will go before thee. 13 And he said unto him, My lord knoweth that the children [are] tender, and the flocks and herds with young [are] with me: and if men should overdrive them one day, all the flock will die. 14 Let my lord, I pray thee, pass over before his servant: and I will lead on softly, according as the cattle that goeth before me and the children be able to endure, until I come unto my lord unto Seir.

Isaiah 40:11

Luke 9:30 And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elias: 31 Who appeared in glory, [u]and spake of his decease which he should accomplish at Jerusalem[/u].

51 And it came to pass, when the time was come that he should be received up, [u]he stedfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem[/u], 52 And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him. 53 And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.

Psa 116:15, Rev 2:9 - 11, 2 Thess 1

Isaiah 53

2 Cor 11:12 - end of chapter.

1 Sam 20:24 to end & 1 Sam 21:6

Dan 3:10 - 29, Dan 6:16 - 24

Num 21:9, John 3:14 - 21,

Heb 12 The sin which so easily besets us, is unbelief.

1 Peter 4:1

1 John 4:4 - 19

[url=http://media.tscnyc.org/mp3/2070313T1.mp3]To Get Through a Crisis, Leave Your Plans at Home [/url] - Neil Rhodes

[url=http://media.tscnyc.org/mp3/2061210S1.mp3]Believing the Whispers of God[/url] - Carter Conlon

2009/5/25 17:13

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy