SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Are you "Born Again"?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
wind_blows

Re:

Hey Intense

I would like to answer your question that you asked. Yes I am twice born and yes Jesus our Lord and Savior does live in me. If I may postfrom a really wonderful teaching to share with you, it really touches on what I believe our walk with the Lord is:-)

However, the Good News of Jesus Christ and the gospel is not just about going to heaven…the Good New of Jesus is that the power of an indestructible life can live within us. Jesus Christ was manifest to destroy the works of the devil; not just to forgive sins, but to destroy the devil’s power over us. We are learning to live like Jesus lived. We are learning to live by the Spirit rather than by the law. We’re learning to live by the Spirit rather than by the flesh or by religion or by willpower, by our soul, or by our hormones. We’re learning to live by the Spirit. To hear God. To sense Him. To drink Him up. When God looks at us, isn’t it essential that He say, “This is My Son in whom I am well-pleased?” We are at a place in our lives where we are learning how to live by the Spirit. We are learning how to let this living thing inside of us commune with God and receive its strength and its nourishment and its guidance and its color and sight and sound from the Spirit of God seated with Christ in the heavenly realms. And THAT is in an altogether different dimension. You do understand that, right? “Seated with Christ” doesn’t mean you go up way high in a rocket ship. That means you live in the fifth dimension, where God is. That is His intention. Not in time and space as men perceive it, but in a dimension that is beyond where the physical body can go, because the spirit within you is not confined to time and space. It can live with Christ seated in heavenly realms. At peace, in heavenly realms. What you need to learn in order to go from one degree of glory to another to another with ever-increasing glory is to learn how to live by the Spirit. That His life, His wisdom, His knowledge, His personality, His strength can be manifest in us. Some of the small things that entails is putting to death the misdeeds of the body. That is only a small part of it — that’s not the end of the story. The big, exciting news, is not just that you don’t have to sin anymore. That is certainly true, but it is only a small part of what it means to live connected to the vine, abiding in Him, living nourished by Him, fed by Him, instructed day and night as you sleep, as you rise, as you walk along the way, instructed by the Spirit of God. That goes way beyond simply putting to death the misdeeds of the body (though that of course is also God’s intention).
“Once we, too, were foolish and disobedient. We were misled by others and became slaves to many wicked desires and evil pleasures. Our lives were full of evil and envy. We hated others, and they hated us.
“But then God our Savior showed us his kindness and love. He saved us, not because of the good things we did, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins and gave us a new life through the Holy Spirit. He generously poured out the Spirit upon us because of what Jesus Christ our Savior did. He declared us not guilty because of his great kindness. And now we know that we will inherit eternal life. These things I have told you are all true. I want you to insist on them so that everyone who trusts in God will be careful to do good deeds all the time. These things are good and beneficial for everyone” (Titus 3:3-8)
What is it that we are supposed to insist on? We insist on a knowledge that God has regenerated us, He has washed us, cleansed us and planted His very Life in us. He has awakened our spirit and caused us to have the power to overcome evil in our lives. He has given the power to commune with God, to receive fresh Life from Him every day, manna from heaven on a daily basis, and to hear and feel and experience all that God is. And as Paul said, to “have the very mind of Christ” — to have the anointed life of God with ever-increasing glory living within us and manifesting itself through us. That is God’s intention. As it says in Hebrews, we are “made perfect and are being made holy.” It is a progressive thing. We are “becoming a habitation of God by the Spirit.” God is filling us more and more on an individual and corporate basis as we let go of the cares and worries of the world and the deceitfulness of riches. We are filled more and more as we are quick to submit to God, quick to confess our sin and apologize to Him, and as we are quick to humble ourselves and obey Him in the small things. The more we do those things, the more we make room in our hearts and spirits for Him to manifest Himself and commune with us. Our ability to freely commune with Him increases as we pull up the weeds in our life and make room for Him in our hearts.
In the meantime, the Good News is that “we are made perfect and are being made holy.” If we are uniquely spirited people, then one person’s spirit is totally different from another. Altogether these spirits are the Bride of Christ, an equal yoke for Jesus. But they are all individual pieces. Each one doesn’t have total giftedness or total insight and maturity, but the individual spirit that is within you is uniquely you. The book of Revelation says you will have your own unique name. The spirit that is within you is unique to the universe. And yet as you commune with the Godhead with a clean spirit, pure hands and a clean heart, you become more and more like Him in His image and His glory. You become more able to do what He uniquely created you to do, and more in communion with others who seek Him with a pure heart. Together then we become more and more like Him. In the meantime, we’re “made perfect.” We are clothed with Christ. He looks at us and because He sees the Blood of Jesus, He declares us not guilty. We put on Christ, and that gives us justification before God. But there is another issue called glorification or sanctification — the issue of becoming more like Him in deed, in practice in our lives, in our thoughts, and in our ability to commune with the Father. That is what is at stake for most of us.
There are some who still need to deal with justification and abandon their lives into His hands. But for many of us, the issue is, “How do we become more like Him? How do we get off dead center? How do we put away the stuff that we were in bondage to five years ago or longer?” A big, big part of that is understanding that this God who is rich in mercy has provided you with everything that pertains to life and godliness in Christ Jesus, by His Spirit. And if you will put to death the misdeeds of the body and commune with God in your spirit…if you will fix your eyes on Jesus, the author and the perfecter of faith… if you will call on the Name of the Lord, continually putting aside your flesh and driving yourself towards your Messiah to commune with Him, to worship Him, to love Him… then what you will find is that you are transformed with ever-increasing glory into His image. God Himself is making you more like Him. It’s not by your own effort or willpower, lest you boast…but by your communion with Him you are drawn up into Him and become more like Him as a result. It is extremely important that you have a solid, fundamental understanding of who it is that you are. And also that you understand how we get where we want to be — which is made in the image and likeness, the fruitfulness, the power, the wisdom and the glory of the God we were designed to commune with. You have to put your antennae up. You have to live by the Spirit rather than by your soul or your body.

this is just a small part of the whole teaching but it does hit on what it means to live in Christ daily:-) I will be around to post for a few days if you have any furthers thoughts:-)

Thanks for asking:-)
Your little sis in Him

2009/5/29 16:24Profile

Re:

Hi Wind_blows! You will have to give me the evening to read and digest what you posted up. Thank you for it however and it deserves more than a coursory reply. May I ask, who wrote it?

Ken

2009/5/29 16:31
Angelx

Re:

God Bless You sis !.

2009/5/29 16:34Profile

Re:

Hi Wind_blows!

I read it. By and large I agree. Whatever I might see differently doesn't alter the necessity to embrace it as a foundational truth that has been virtually illiminated from orthodoxy/traditional church.

Now, how to convey the need to embrace that perspective to the nominal Christian that a revolution in Christianity can happen? That is the challenge I see and why I believe the church needs to be evangelized. The Lord is coming again for a spotless Bride. I don't believe the church as we are used to it, comes close to meeting that condition/requirement and nor do I believe the Lord is going to wave a necromantic wand and change all church goers into a righteous identity as some might suppose..

Thank you for all that, it was a refreshing read.. .Ken

2009/5/29 18:05

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy