SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Sweden allows sex-selective abortions

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Sweden allows sex-selective abortions

Sweden, which legalized abortion in 1938, has taken its abortion extremism one step further by legalizing “gender based” abortion which allows a mother to decide to abort her baby solely due to his or her sex.

The Local reported that a pregnant woman in South Sweden, who already has two girls, arrived at Mälaren Hospital and inquired whether or not she would be giving birth to another girl. She went on to tell her doctors that her previous two pregnancies ended in abortion because she did not want to have another girl - and if this child was another girl, she would have it aborted as well.

Doctors expressed concern over this and brought it to the attention of Sweden’s National Board of Health and Welfare. They asked how to handle requests where doctors felt “pressured to examine the [fetus’s] gender” without a medical rationale.

The Board came back and said that requests to for abortions based on a child’s gender cannot be refused.

Johnston’s Archive reported that over 25% of Sweden’s pregnancies end in abortion. An increase of 17% after the introduction of the morning after pill, which was promoted by pro-abortion advocates as a way to reduce the number of abortions performed.

[url=http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/May15/1584.html]source[/url]

2009/5/18 11:54Profile
HeartSong

Re: Sweden allows sex-selective abortions

No wonder our kids are turning out the way that they are - heartless parents raise heartless children. Parents willing to kill their children before they are even born raise children that are willing to kill their parents when they grow old.

2009/5/18 14:27Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
No wonder our kids are turning out the way that they are - heartless parents raise heartless children. Parents willing to kill their children before they are even born raise children that are willing to kill their parents when they grow old.

A profound and insightful statement.

Sad...but true.

2009/5/18 18:22Profile

Re: Sweden allows sex-selective abortions

that is just about the worst thing I've ever read in my life. I dont even want to write what else I'm thinking and feeling.

2009/5/18 23:17
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

So, if one can abort based on the gender, you will find more females being aborted then males. Check out this site:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/11/world/asia/11china.html

The end result is you will have many more males then females and where are these fellows going to get their wives?

Yup, sin fouls up everything...

ginnyrose

2009/5/20 22:24Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy