SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : It is not about being guilty "in" Adam except. . .

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: It is not about being guilty "in" Adam except. . .

Hi waltern,

Quote:
So sorry, Intense. It was directed to Alive-to-God.

Did you see my acknowledgement to you in my next post after yours? Are we square now? I've written quite a bit in the other thread, which I joined on p17 (* Adam's sin ... our guilt?), which I believe supports the biblical position on the origin of sin.

Btw, I thought your post was addressed to Intense (apart from because you addressed it so) because of this statement (p30) in the other thread * in which he wrote:

'Sin is NOT the cause of the sinful action. Man's determination to serve himself, is. Change the "self-serving determination factor" and eliminate the sin issue. Serve God and be blameless.'

And when I challenged this gently, received this reply, (which I have only just now found):

'No you may not offer it. Folk are going to be judged by what they do, as in works, deeds.

First consider Adam did not have a so-called, "sin nature" when he transgressed.'

I shall reply in the other thread, now.

2009/5/19 5:58
Logic

Re:

Quote:

waltern wrote:
Today, near the end of time, we find not only the cults listed above that deny original sin, but others amongst us, who have slipped into the body of Christ, trying to teach damnable heresies.

Okay, hold on on minute!

How is it damnable when one claimes that "original sin" is not true?

Quote:
they never rely on Scripture to support their position. They cannot, because Scripture does not support them

My position relies on Scripture to support it.
All I do is suport it with a better interpretation of Scripture, commone sence, and logic.

Quote:
and neither does Church History support them.

Chirch history has always been split on this issue, so you can't use that as a point.

AND
Whats your point with "guilt"?

2009/5/19 19:56Profile

Re:

To Logic:

I find it interesting that you believe that mankind has "inherited guilt" from Adam.

Where is the Bible “teaching”, the Bible “Doctrine” of inherited Guilt from Adam to be found?

What does the Old Testament & the New Testament tell us about[b] guilt[/b]?

The word[b] guilt[/b] appears twice in the Bible, and only in the Old testament- In Deuteronomy 19:13, and in Deuteronomy 21:9.[b] However, Strongs Concordance does not even have a Hebrew word shown for the word GUILT. In other words, it was placed in there by the Translators, it did not exist in the original text.[/b]

Deut 19:13
13.Thine eye shall not pity him, but thou shalt put away the guilt of innocent blood from Israel, that it may go well with thee.

Deut 21:9
9.So shalt thou put away the guilt of innocent blood from among you, when thou shalt do that which is right in the sight of the Lord.

[b]How about the word guilty? Where does it appear throughout the entire Bible, and what does it mean?[/b]

The word Guilty only appears 26 times in the Bible-20 times in the Old Testament, and 6 times in the New Testament.[b] However, of the 20 times it appears in the Old Testament, only 17 words appear in Strongs Concordance. What this means is that the translators injected the word “guilty” into the text 3 times.[/b]

The same word “asham” for guilty appears in the following verses of the Old Testament
Genesis 42:21; Lev 4:13; 4:22; 4:27; 5:2; 5:3; 5:4; 5:5; 5:17; 6:4 Numbers 5:6; Judges 21:22; Ezra 10:19; Proverbs 30:10; Ezekiel 22:4; Zechariah 11:5

This is what the word means:
Strong's Number: 816
Transliterated: 'asham
Phonetic: aw-sham'

Text: or mashem {aw-shame'}; a primitive root; [b]to be guilty; by implication to be punished or perish: --X certainly, be(-come, made) desolate, destroy, X greatly, be(-come, found, hold) guilty, offend (acknowledge offence), trespass. [/b]
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[b]The word guilty appears in the following Bible verses: in the Old Testament:
Exodus 34:7; Number 14:18; Numbers 35:27
However, Strongs Concordance does not even have a Hebrew word shown for the word Guilty. In other words, it was placed in there by the Translators.[/b]

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[b]In Numbers 35:31 we find the word guilty, with the following meaning, and it is tied to the understanding of one WHO HAS ALREADY BEEN CONDEMNED, THAT ONE HAS ALREADY DONE WRONG, THAT ONE IS A WICKED PERSON, THAT ONE IS A "BAD PERSON":[/b]
Strong's Number: 7563
Transliterated: rasha`
Phonetic: raw-shaw'

A primitive root; to be (causatively, do or declare) wrong; by implication, to disturb, violate: --condemn, make trouble, vex, be (commit, deal, depart, do) wicked(-ly, -ness).
Text: from 7561; morally wrong; concretely, an (actively) bad person: --+ condemned, guilty, ungodly, wicked (man), that did wrong.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[b]In Matthew 23:18 we find the word guilty used. It has the meaning that the person owes a debt (pecuniarily), one who is under obligation, one who morally fails (morally bankrupt), one who owes a debt.[/b]

Strong's Number: 3784
Transliterated: opheilo
Phonetic: of-i'-lo

Text: or (in certain tenses) its prolonged form opheileo {of-i-leh'-o}; probably from the base of 3786 (through the idea of accruing); to owe (pecuniarily); figuratively, to be under obligation (ought, must, should); morally, to fail in duty: --behove, be bound, (be) debt(-or), (be) due(-ty), be guilty (indebted), (must) need(-s), ought, owe, should.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[b]In Matthew 26:66; Mark 14:64 & 1 Cor 11:27 we find the same Greek word for guilty. The word implies that the person has either done or said something themselves, and they are judged guilty.

Text: from 1758; liable to (a condition, penalty or imputation): --in danger of, guilty of, subject to.

In Matthew 26:66[b] we find the word guilty, that refers to High Priest judgment on Jesus after Jesus declared that Hew was Messiah: “64. Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven. 65. Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy. 66. What think ye?[b] They answered and said, He is guilty of death.[/b]

[b]Mark 14:64. We find the same situation, where Jesus is pronounced guilty of blasphemy for declaring that He is the Messiah:
64. Ye have heard the blasphemy: what think ye? And they all condemned him to be guilty of death.[/b]

[b]1 Cor 11:27 – refers to one who takes communion unworthily, and then he is judged to be guilty after taking communion unworthily (he is judged as guilty for his own sin, not anothers)[/b]
27. Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[b] James 2:10

We find the following word used for guilty, which implies that the person who offends by breaking just one of the laws of God, is guilty (himself) of breaking all of the law[/b]

8. If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: 9. But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
10. For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Strong's Number: 1777
Transliterated: enochos
Phonetic: en'-okh-os

Text: from 1758; liable to (a condition, penalty or imputation): --in danger of, guilty of, subject to.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In Romans 3:19 we find another word used for guilty:
Strong's Number: 5267
Transliterated: hupodikos
Phonetic: hoop-od'-ee-kos

Text: from 5259 and 1349; under sentence, i.e. (by implication) condemned: --guilty.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So, where is the teaching of inherited Guilt? The word Guilt is not found in the New Testament, and is not used in the New Testament. The word Guilt is found 3 times in the Old Testament, but it is not even a Hebrew word and was placed there by the translators.

The word Guilty is also found in the Old Testament, but of the 20 times it is mentioned, it was actually only a word 17 times. So again, the translators inserted the word "guilty" that was not in the original text.

When [b]Guilty[/b] is used as a real word in the Old Testament, it has the following two meanings:

[b]In Numbers 35:31 we find the word guilty, with the following meaning, and it is tied to the UNDERSTANDING OF ONE ALREADY BEEN CONDEMNED, THAT ONE HAS ALREADY DONE WRONG, THAT ONE IS A WICKED PERSON, THAT ONE IS A "BAD PERSON":[/b]

The Secong definition for guilty, as found in the Old Testament is:

The same word “asham” for guilty appears in the following verses of the Old Testament
Genesis 42:21; Lev 4:13; 4:22; 4:27; 5:2; 5:3; 5:4; 5:5; 5:17; 6:4 Numbers 5:6; Judges 21:22; Ezra 10:19; Proverbs 30:10; Ezekiel 22:4; Zechariah 11:5

Thus, in this case it refers to someone being found or held guilty for an actual offense or a trespass.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In the New Teatament the word GUILT does not exist.

In the New Testament the word GUILTY is found ONLY 6 times, and has the following meanings when used:

Strong's Number: 3784
Text: or (in certain tenses) its prolonged form opheileo {of-i-leh'-o};.........to owe (pecuniarily); figuratively, to be under obligation (ought, must, should); morally, to fail in duty: --behove, be bound, (be) debt(-or), (be) due(-ty), be guilty (indebted), (must) need(-s), ought, owe, should.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Strong's Number: 1758 : enecho
Phonetic: en-ekh'-o
Text: from 1722 and 2192; to hold in or upon, i.e. ensnare; by implication, to keep a grudge: --entangle with, have a quarrel against, urge.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Strong's Number: 1777
Transliterated: enochos
Phonetic: en'-okh-os

Text: from 1758; liable to (a condition, penalty or IMPUTATION): --in danger of, guilty of, subject to.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Strong's Number: 5267
Transliterated: hupodikos
Phonetic: hoop-od'-ee-kos

Text: from 5259 and 1349; under sentence, i.e. (by implication) condemned: --guilty.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[b][color=990000]To sum this up, in the New Testament, the word Guilty appears only 6 times, and has the following meanings when used:

#1 Strong's Number: 3784 to owe (pecuniarily); figuratively, to be under obligation (ought, must, should); morally, to fail in duty: --behove, be bound, (be) debt(-or), (be) due(-ty), be guilty (indebted), (must) need(-s), ought, owe, should.

#2 Strong' Number 1758; liable to (a condition, penalty or IMPUTATION): --in danger of, guilty of, subject to.

#3 Strong's Number: 1777 & 1778; liable to (a condition, penalty or imputation): --in danger of, guilty of, subject to.

#4 Strong's Number: 5267 under sentence, i.e. (by implication) condemned: --guilty.

Please, show me the teaching, the DOCTRINE of mans INHERITED GUILT from Adam that is found in the Bible.[/color][/b]

Thank you,

Walter

Quote:

Logic wrote:
Quote:

waltern wrote:
Today, near the end of time, we find not only the cults listed above that deny original sin, but others amongst us, who have slipped into the body of Christ, trying to teach damnable heresies.

Okay, hold on on minute!

How is it damnable when one claimes that "original sin" is not true?

Quote:
they never rely on Scripture to support their position. They cannot, because Scripture does not support them

My position relies on Scripture to support it.
All I do is suport it with a better interpretation of Scripture, commone sence, and logic.

Quote:
and neither does Church History support them.

Chirch history has always been split on this issue, so you can't use that as a point.

AND
Whats your point with "guilt"?

2009/5/20 2:17

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy