Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I want to get back to God, where do I start

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
fromtheold

South Africa

I want to get back to God, where do I start

Hi all.

Used to be really inspired for God but not any more. Would like to be again.

Where do I start?

:-)

2009/5/17 11:17Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: I want to get back to God, where do I start

In prayer, repent of your falling out of love with Him, ask His forgiveness and guidance - read (feed upon) the Word of God.

Welcome to SI,
white stone

2009/5/17 11:23Profile

To fromtheold:

To truly be "saved", we must first repent of our sins, and then believe on Him, and give Him control of our lives.

From the moment of salvation to the end of life, the Christian is called to "repent and believe" continously. Repent for sins (thoughts of sin are just as deadly as performing the act), and believe in Jesus Christ and the work that He performed on the tree. Repent & Believe!

Read the Gospel of John to get clarification of what is said above. Read 1st John to compare your walk with Christ to that of a true believer.

In times past, all men knew that 1st John was written for the believer to "test" his faith:

6. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 8. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

And finally, turn off your television and radio and anything else that will burn before your eyes as "wood, hay and stubble", and spend together time in the Word of God with the Lord Jesus. Do this every day of your life--learn to "eat" God's Word.

Sincerly,

Walter

2009/5/17 11:46
Totality

Sulphur Springs, Texas

It is very important to realize that your relationship with God does not begin on the computer, but in the closet in prayer. This was my mistake: to assume that I might draw closer to Him through learning and reading about truth on very godly sites. One thing: pray.

2009/5/17 13:17Profile
FreebyWord

Search the scriptures deeply and diligently, asking God. My understanding to achieve your goal of returning to Him, is to truly repent (turning away from ALL sin that besets you), be diligent daily in His Word, forsaking anything that prevents you from eating His Word daily in other words, put His Word first, pray by waiting on the Lord not just repeating prayers learned or prayers by rote, but by being on your face deeply seeking Him and His presence, and the "f" word you rarely see or hear spoken or written in the Church---fast.

However, do not take the word of any here, seek His will in His own Word for your instruction on how to return to Him.

Bottom line---

REPENT
PRAY
READ THE WORD
FAST

2009/5/17 14:18Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:

REPENT
PRAY
READ THE WORD
FAST

Absolutely true.

It may also be helpful for you to think back and try to remember what was going on that facilitated your walk away from God and then repent of yielding to that process. Then you can ask God to forgive you (confession), and resolve you do not want to do it again (repent) and asking for the LORD to assist you in this process. And I can promise you He will be more interested in this process then you ever can or will be.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2009/5/17 15:06Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy