SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Goodbye Dad...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
ceedub

Canada

Re:

Actually I'm not frustrated at all. Nor am I lacking peace over the text. As I said, I can see the other view but don't see the proof.

Further to your comment about the negative responses building up to this disciple, the first guy was just warned that it wouldn't be comfortable, the second was simply told not to wait for the death of his father, and the third was told (I believe) to say his goodbyes so he wouldn't 'look back'. None of them were disqualified or called out for being uncommital.

For me, there is as big an issue on how we judge the people in the bible, for it will certainly affect how we judge each other.

2009/5/20 12:27Profile
ceedub

Canada

Re:

Are these verses speaking to those called to ministry or those called to be christians, or both?

When Paul says to the church it is good for them to mind their own business and work with their own hands, does that apply to those called in ministry?

Is there only one type of call in God's family in scripture or do these need to be taken in context of who's being spoken to and what the call is?

2009/5/25 10:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy