SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Server Migration!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Server Migration!

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/august/upgrade.gif[/img]

EDIT: As due to changes I will be using the Windows 2003 web edition solution for the file server.

I have been able to move over the 40 gigs of sermons from the Win2k box to a new Linux Box with the help of brother craig and the Lord of course has been sustaining and allowing this. There are a few glitches still and we will work to get it streamlined so please have patience. Please [b]pray[/b] that all things can be worked out and the server can work well and security will be fine.

There is a small problem with delay the response time is delaying 30 secs. But the download speed once you connect is much faster than before. Once the glitch is worked out it will be a great benefit to you the end user for downloading files. Also there is more space so I can add more vintage sermons and there is more bandwidth allowed 2000gigs a month actually which is ample for the way the site is being used at this point.

Praise God for this next step for this ministry in delivering audio sermons to peoples across the world.

NOTE: this upgrade is for the server that I host the sermons with and not the physical site itself thats hosted by www.gospelcom.net

Also if someone is wondering the penguin is the mascot for the Linux Operating System that the new server is running on, I choose an canadian version of him accordingly, but the server is still hosting the USA.

2004/8/24 19:25Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re: Server Migration!

Quote:
There is a small problem with delay the response time is delaying 30 secs. But the download speed once you connect is much faster than before. Once the glitch is worked out it will be a great benefit to you the end user for downloading files.

UPDATE: I am keeping the win2k server pointed to from SermonIndex until we can work out the linux system and get it working well, your [b]prayers[/b] would really be appreciated for God to show exactly what needs to be done with the machine so it can serve the files properly.

2004/8/24 22:45Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

[b]UPDATE: change of plans[/b]
Heres another update it appears the linux server was not functioning that well and there were problems with it so I have decided to move to a Windows 2003 machine which is more palatable for my tecnical expertise. I have submitted a ticket at my host to make the chance and phoned also, please pray they have favor and dont incure extra charges. The server will cost $129USD a month which will help this ministry continue with providing the sermons for another little while. Obtaining another server ontop of that is probably within 6 months if this ministry keeps expanding and adding audio/video resources as it has.

EDIT: so much for the penguin.. I kinda liked the little fellow.

2004/8/26 11:38Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Great news they will be doing the upgrade seamlessly without any extra charges. I will be using this machine for the file server to distribute the sermon files:

AMD Athlon 2200 Processor
1GB Memory
1 x 80 GB Hard Drive
2000 GB Bandwidth - No Cogent
Rapid Reboot FREE
Windows 2003 Web Edition

Please pray that I can move the sermons over to this machine without any big problems.

2004/8/26 13:33Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Here are some image of were the server is at Serverbeach:

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/august/datacenter01.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/august/datacenter02.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/august/datacenter03.gif[/img]

[i]ServerBeach has Tier 1 bandwidth providers, SBC and Allegiance, built on a Cisco powered network. We guarantee 99.9% uptime and will provide you credit for any downtime experienced due to the ServerBeach network. [/i].

2004/8/26 13:45Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

After some intial problems the move is going well and should God willing be done sometime tommorow. I will have to fine tune a few things and then hopefully on this up coming monday flip the switch so the site downloads are working off the new server. Please continue to pray the move goes well and smoothly. In Jesus name.

[b]Colossians 3:17[/b] - And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

[b]Colossians 3:23[/b] - And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;

2004/8/28 20:23Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

The move is done as of right now and the site is directed totally towards the new win2003 server! Praise God the move to this new server went quiet smoothly. Keep praying for the technical aspects of this ministry! Thank you for all who prayed.

2004/8/30 11:44Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy