SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Why pray for ones salvation?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Quote:
He certainly did not tell us, "Do not write or read any books over 400 pages lest you surely die."

Wouldn't that depend on whose voice is speaking through them, as it did in the garden?

So what may we read and what would God have us to feed upon? That which is not inspired by Him, or that which is?

And are we at liberty to teach and to inscripturate our thoughts(write them down) so that they may be taught to others, without God's approval and inspiration?

What does inspiration have to do with writting so much, as you asked?

Well, I'm a very small, and insigificant person, and have not published books and sold them all over the world, but somethings from the Bible do come to mind:

It seems important to me, when James the Apostle, from whom we have but one small letter, which we consider inspired, when he warns us to not be many masters.

It seems important to me, when Solomon says that in a multitude of words there is no lack of sin.

Or when the preacher says that of making many books there is no end. And much study is a weariness to the flesh.

It seems important when the Lord Jesus said that God's word is truth and prayed for His people to be sanctified through it, and the Bible gives such warnings against loving or making a lie.

Or when the Lord Jesus warned that a little bit of leaven will leaven the whole lump.

So then, how much of these unispired words are true, and how much are false? What is a proper mixture to consume?

But Solomon said that every word of God is pure.

It seems to matter to me when Paul wrote 'how may they preach except they be sent' and John said that whoever God sends speakes the words of God.

Or too, when Paul warns that heresy and divisions and factions, is a work of the flesh, and today there are so many who call themselves after the names of their teachers.

It seems like it should matter to me, if the Lord Jesus said that those who speak(in this context teach) of themselves, are seeking their own glory.

[i]Edited to correct errors in spelling and typing[/i]

2009/5/15 23:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy