SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Victorious Sovereign Redeemer

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
eklegomai

Tenessee

Victorious Sovereign Redeemer

Act 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

This is the same God that said let there be light and there was just to later create the greater and lesser lights. This is the same God that has decreed from ancient past saying my counsel shall stand. This was the purest sacrifice known to God Himself. All others were but a fallable effort to thwart the Holy One's wrath. This was the blood of God. Only the most infinite Sacrifice would atone an infinite God. With an eternal judgement there must be an eternal sacrifice, thus Christ the God-man.

The Blood of God was shed and this Flowing Stream of Grace and Mercy did atone. Christ said "It is finished."!! He did not say I have done all I can do and now it is up to you. Left to our own abilities we would not seek a Saviour nor a Holy God. We as fallen creatures like Adam would and do run and hide at the thought of a Holy Diety that will only accept pure undefiled Righteousness.

Do we limit the Atonement work in the society that we live in today? I am afraid we do friend. One will say you must have faith before Christ will save you. Another will say if you will take that first step then he will carry you the rest of the way. Is this not limiting the Atonement Work of Christ? Limited on what you will do with the work that Christ has accomplished. This is limiting the Infinite Blood due to the contrary nature of a finite man.

How can a dead spiritual man claim a Spiritual Work? Can he pull himself up from outside his own nature by his bootstraps to inquire about this Christ? Can he choose for himself what others could not? If so then is it because of he being more intelligent, he is a better person, or maybe he has the ability to make better choices?

Were we as the Body of Christ saved by chance or on purpose. God's Purpose in Christ Jesus before the foundation of the world. If He had waited until you were born to have purposed it What would have compelled God to have chosen you unto salvation. We must have been in Christ then. God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself.

He moved when I could not.

What Christ completed from the foundation of the world I have experienced here in this life. Have you? I do enjoy contemplating our Victorious Sovereign Redeemer.:D

2009/5/11 14:31Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy