SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : hey can you check my thing

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rreighe

hey can you check my thing

i want to use this as a blog on my myspace. i am not done writing it. i just want to knwo what your thoughts on it are. i mean really what you think about it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[i]As you may have noticed by now, but everything I post on myspace so far has about 100% to do with God in some form or another, so it should come to you as no surprise that this is also. Now I wonder now many of you will have made it to the second sentence. Humor me and read it with an open mind.

5 In my anguish I cried to the LORD,
and he answered by setting me free.
6 The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?
7 The LORD is with me; he is my helper.
I will look in triumph on my enemies.
8 It is better to take refuge in the LORD
than to trust in man.
9 It is better to take refuge in the LORD
than to trust in princes.

—Psalm 118:6-9

The lord is on my side; what does that mean? I will answer it for you. Actually it is already answered. What else would it mean? GOD IS ON YOUR SIDE! He is working to help you, He is working to show you how He is. I want you to think about this for a little bit. Stop reading and think about this.

Now re-read the passage above.

Now are look at your life. Are you worried about if someone said you are stupid are weird? Is there someone in your life that hates you or makes fun of you? Didn’t you re-read the Psalm 118:6 “The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid.
What can man [people] do to me?” let me tell you what that means. It means don’t be afraid of people because if you know God then those people who are trying to take you down are nothing! Why are you worrying about what they think about you? It makes no sense! You should only be worrying about what God is doing! You should only be worrying about the fact that God loves you more than anyone else on this earth could ever hope to imagine. If you are waiting away your day getting angry at someone because they said your hair looks stupid then you, my friend, need to rethink what you are letting get to you. I mean what can humans do to you? Kill you?

Ephesians 4:
22You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.
25Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body. 26"In your anger do not sin"[d]: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27and do not give the devil a foothold. 28He who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with his own hands, that he may have something to share with those in need.
29Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. 30And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

There is this saying, I love it; “born once, die twice; born twice die once.” what Christians mean when we say “born again” is to accept Jesus Christ as your savior, to take away your old self and put on your new self, to die on the cross your old self; then get reborn/resurrect with a new sprit and soul and mind. When you die on this earth, this planet, this form of mortal existence; that is your first death, pretty much everybody will go through this, which is the first death. Hell is the second death. But seeing as how much Jesus Christ loves you, which is enough to suffer more than you would imagine, I don’t see how anyone could not even take the chance on accepting him. And for the ones who live for God, they literally have nothing to be afraid of. And sense you have nothing to be afraid of, why are you worrying about what people think about you?!?!

[/i]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i just wanted to know what yall think about my draft on this.

in the name we love to say: JESUS!

allan

2009/5/10 20:20Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy