SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine :  Is there such such a thing as an "unbelieving Christian"?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Is there such such a thing as an "unbelieving Christian"?

[color=000000]What if a Christian believes all things in Christ Jesus, as taught him, and lives life presumptuously in His Name, Can he ever enter the kingdom God? [/color]

Here:

[color=000000]18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not? 19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief. Hebrews 3:18-19 (KJV) [/color]

2009/5/10 9:21
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Is there such such a thing as an "unbelieving Christian"?

There are many who have heard the gospel;
yet have not trusted in Christ as their
atonement and salvation. They are
"Christians" in name only. It is to these
that this was addressed: "Not every one who
says to ME, "LORD, LORD; will enter the
kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will
of My Father who is in Heaven"

2009/5/10 10:30Profile

Re:

Quote:

sojourner7 wrote:
There are many who have heard the gospel;
yet have not trusted in Christ as their
atonement and salvation. They are
"Christians" in name only.

Not hardly, nor is it these I refer to but those who have confessed Christ and might even serve on the church board. I personally know many.

2009/5/10 11:59
mackaymarsh

This reminds me of a verse in Isaiah. Isaiah 4:1, which in my mind should be the end Chapter 3. But it goes like this...

“And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.” (Isaiah 4:1 KJV)

Wayne

2009/5/10 15:06Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Intense,

Perhaps it might be helpful to define exactly what you mean by living presumptuously. This is we can all be on the same page in discussing this question.

ginnyrose

2009/5/10 15:16Profile

Re:

Quote:

mackaymarsh wrote:
This reminds me of a verse in Isaiah. Isaiah 4:1, which in my mind should be the end Chapter 3. But it goes like this...

“And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.” (Isaiah 4:1 KJV)

Wayne

Sortta says it all as the result of the Sunday pulpit that teaches by inference: "I can have Jesus and all the benefits without my life being disturbed".

Thanks Wayne.

I believe that also answers ginnyrose' inquiry.

2009/5/10 15:34
wtninChrist

Muscle Shoals, AL

James 2:14-26; can I said I believe, trust or have faith in Christ and my life not be changed? With this change we have a new view of sin and alonging for things of God.

2009/5/10 17:25Profile

Re:

Quote:

wtninChrist wrote:
James 2:14-26; can I said I believe, trust or have faith in Christ and my life not be changed? With this change we have a new view of sin and alonging for things of God.

Amen! I have seen this to such a degree that I believe being born again is a separate issue from salvation.

Being born again means I receive into myself the very Nature of God. I don't believe this necessarily happens when saying the sinners prayer with most folk.

2009/5/10 17:59
wtninChrist

Muscle Shoals, AL

Re:

I would not say that to be born again is a separate issue from salvation. To be born again is the work of salvation in the heart by God. This is were we are made just by the finished work of Christ on the cross for our sins, our faith in this work as ones only hope for salvation.

2009/5/10 18:59Profile
run2win

USA

Re:

Greetings all,

John 12:48, John 13:34-36, John 14:21, 1John5:10

His sheep hear His voice and follow Him. John10:27, John 10:2-5, 14. I think there are followers of Christianity as a system, but when we truly follow Jesus Himself, it becomes a matter of faith.

We must examine ourselves! Are we abiding in Him? Are we walking in the light as He is in the light? Are we loving one another? 1John2:3-6

2009/5/12 12:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy