SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Interesting article "Weeping between porch and altar"

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Alf

Miami, FL

Interesting article "Weeping between porch and altar"

interesting article i found:

JOEL 2:17
ACTS 3:19

In the magnificent book of Joel we find a interesting statement in the 17th verse of the 2nd chapter, here the prophet is calling the priests of the temple to weep between the porch and the altar. When priests wept between porch and altar it was done for the mercy of the people;

- (JOEL 2:17)
Let the priests, who minister to the LORD, Weep between the porch and the altar; Let them say, "Spare Your people, O LORD, And do not give Your heritage to reproach, That the nations should rule over them. Why should they say among the peoples, ' Where is their God?' "

“Do not give your heritage to reproach, that the nations should rule over them…”

People I believe this hour the nations ruling over us is not the concern but that the world is ruling over is! They are looking unto the weakest Christianity since the crusades and saying “Were is their God?”, we set no example! We are weak! We are filthy! We are self concerned! We look like they do, we tattoo ourselves like they do, we sing like they do, we talk like they do, we have pretty little hairstyles and pretty little earrings just like they do we even watch the same rated R movies like they do! BLASPHEMY! Does Christ abide in us? Through this wicked example which we call Christian? It is an embarrassment to a Holy God! And a false imitation of Christ. We call ourselves Holy but yet we dont set ourselves apart, but blend in through our looking and acting like the world in order to further our “evangelistic efforts” and get people saved…and the devil is just laughing at us, we call our selves saints but we fondle each other like the heathens of Corinth, we wear the title “Christian” but yet we don’t know Christ…even less in the school of prayer. We want revival but we cant even live right, revival without a price to pay? I simply say “REPENT!” and then maybe you might just get to see a revival. As I heard a preacher once say acting as if he was the devil: “revival? They cant even live right…how are they going to have revival.” the devil is just laughing at our unholy rolling…our laughter in the Spirit…our Holy ghost meetings…our pretty boy evangelists who get caught with hookers…our 5 min prayer meetings which give advise to an omniscient God…our vain shouting and praising the Lord which have become like ISAIAH 1 a “trampling of His courts” (Read ISAIAH 1:12,13).

This generation has witnessed an overflow of teaching and preaching of the word whether by radio or TV evangelists but we are still babes crying out from the wilderness of procrastination and self damnation a wilderness full of churchianity not Christianity! A wilderness which resembles a valley of dry bones! We are weak! And I say where are the prophets! Crying out from the wilderness of procrastination and modern churchianity with a voice like peter unto unbelievers which today are just as abundant as unbelieving believers exhorting them to “Repent and be converted”! or be reverted to hell!

There is no passion, there is no vision, and worst of all there are no prophets scorching this wicked and profane generation which has a greater knowledge of the living mighty God and his power than any other but they don’t know Him! They just know about Him, just as the dead generations of the Israelites in the wilderness, which had to be reminded of their God.

Repent! And be converted into praying men! Travail for the lost who are on the highway to hell! Weep between the porch and the altar! Sound the trumpet of Zion for it is time for a refreshing to come and I tell you brothers and sisters the refreshing wont come until there is agonizing prayer over our present day abundant and well fed iniquity and transgressions. We are lazy, we are weak and worst of all we know not how to pray. So I end like peter began “Repent” but I add “Repent” or perish.

2009/5/10 8:29Profile
KathleenP

Maine

Re: Interesting article "Weeping between porch and altar"

Alf, this is an excellent article and commentary. Where did you find this? I have become very much frustrated because of the continual "don't judge" catch phrase that is rampant is throughout the church.

God forbid that I question tattoos, music styles and slang, so we can relate to the ungodly! Don't we know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Maybe somehow we are confessing that our hearts really love these things and this is our perfect excuse for living these lifestyles.

We are told NOT to love the world. We have all the gods of the heathen right here in this nation and we flock to their altars and believe the Lord is quite fine with it.

Thanks for taking a step to present these concerns. If we spend a good hour on our faces seeking the Lord and reading His holy Word, would it be so comfortable afterwards to expose ourselves to the television programs, music, and filthy things that don't remotely shock us anymore?

I am so scared for so many that call me a judge or a trouble maker because I'm so protective of Jesus and what He suffered to save me from all this. We need to search the scriptures and cry out for the truth even if it means fleeing from the pastors that assure us that all these things are fine.

Jesus said," And why do you call me Lord, and do not the things that I say?" We must do our homework now while there is time to. Oh Lord, help us.

2009/5/10 11:37Profile

Re:

"We want revival but we cant even live right, revival without a price to pay? I simply say “REPENT!” and then maybe you might just get to see a revival. "

pure truth.

-Jim

2012/3/18 14:52

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy