SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Towns in USA without a Church?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Towns in USA without a Church?

I was wondering if anybody knows if there are any towns in the USA without any Church at all? I wonder how I could go about finding this sort of information out. I seem to remember coming across a list that was a few decades old a year or so ago, but I don't recall where, and I don't know how the author compiled such a list.

Any help would be appreciated!

2004/8/21 17:54Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Towns in USA without a Church?

Perhaps you could start your search at this webpage:
http://www.mislinks.org/church/chplant.htm

It has alot of good websites listed to help find statistical religious information and also church planting information which could possible help for most church plants are looking to start in a place that has no other churches usually.

2004/8/22 23:38Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: Towns in USA without a Church?

Do we have this problem in the US? What I think is funny (or rather interesting) is when there's a church on every corner - literally! It's like gas station competition or something! At least spread yourself out. Now I don't know much about every denomination and what they believe, but I think it's good to have different, Bible abiding churches. We may each have a different way of doing things such as the style of our teaching and worship, but I think all the different churches make up the eyes, ears, hands, feet, etc. of the whole body of Christ. But yeah, this is kind of off topic.

Anyway, I work at a Calvary Chapel, and I tried putting together a list of all the different churches in the area, contacted them, and asked them to send information about their church so I could see if their beliefs were Biblical, what ministries they offered that we didn't, so I could refer people, looking for a church, to them if our church wasn't quite what they were looking for. You know, working together as a community. It didn't really work. Maybe if I have lots of time on my hands, I will try again.

2004/8/23 17:43Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

Do we have this problem in the US?

From the stats I have been able to gather, there are some places in the United States with very few churches. Some counties have less than 10 in the entire county. Most of these places that I have looked thus far are in Montana, New Mexico and Alaska.

I am sure that in some remote towns in the United States, that there must be some town that does not have a single Church in it. Granted, these are probably towns with less than 1,000 people, but surely they exist. I've been thinking that if I were to plant a Church one day, perhaps I'd like to plant a Church where none exists.

2004/8/23 20:00Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: Church Plant

Quote:
I've been thinking that if I were to plant a Church one day, perhaps I'd like to plant a Church where none exists.

Makes sense to me. Like I said, I don't understand the church on every corner thing. But you know, just because you don't see a building, doesn't mean there isn't a church present. For all you know, people in a small town may be gathering in someone's home rather than in a building. God will lead you though where He wants you to go.

2004/8/24 13:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy