SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : The diamonds of heaven (Charles Spurgeon)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The diamonds of heaven (Charles Spurgeon)

"Behold--he prays!" Acts 9:11

Prayers are instantly noticed in heaven. The moment Saul began to pray--the Lord heard him. Here is comfort for the distressed, but praying soul. Oftentimes a poor broken-hearted one bends his knee--but can only utter his wailing in the language of sighs and tears. Yet that groan has made all the harps of heaven thrill with music; that tear has been caught by God and treasured in the lachrymatory of heaven. "You put all my tears into Your bottle," implies that they are caught--as they flow!

The suppliant, who can only groan out his words, will be well understood by the Most High God. He may only look up with misty eye; but prayer is the falling of a tear! Tears are the diamonds of heaven! Sighs are a part of the music of Jehovah's court, and are numbered with the most sublime strains which reach the majesty on high!

Do not think that your prayer, however weak or trembling--will be unregarded. Our God not only hears prayer--but also loves to hear it. "He does not forget the cry of the humble." True, He does not regard proud looks and lofty words. He has no concern for the pomp and pageantry of kings. He does not listen not to the swell of martial music. He has no regard the triumph and pride of man. But wherever there is . . .

a heart full with godly sorrow,
or a lip quivering with agony,
or a deep groan,
or a penitential sigh

--the heart of Jehovah is open! He marks that prayer down in the registry of His memory! He puts our prayers, like rose leaves--between the pages of His book of remembrance; and when the volume is opened at last, there shall be a precious fragrance springing up therefrom!

2009/5/7 14:06
JesusLoves

Re: The diamonds of heaven (Charles Spurgeon)

Do you have some more on prayer. Suddenly i feel i do not know how to pray- That sounds so foolish to me after being a child of God for so long...

2009/5/7 23:12Profile

Re:

Quote:

JesusLoves wrote:
Do you have some more on prayer. Suddenly i feel i do not know how to pray- That sounds so foolish to me after being a child of God for so long...

Last night I listened to a sermon by John Piper on prayer that was really good. He lays out some wonderfully clear points on what prayer is and how to pray. I was blessed by it.

[url=http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/Sermons/ByDate/2007/2549_Pray_Like_This_Hallowed_Be_Your_Name/]Pray Like This: Hallowed Be Your Name by John Piper[/url]

The devotional by Spurgeon came from Grace Gems. They have quite a bit on their website in regards to prayer. http://www.gracegems.org/1/Prayer.htm

You can also find more of the writings by Charles Spurgeon on this website, http://www.spurgeon.org/mainpage.htm

But I recommend listening to that sermon by John Piper. It's good.

2009/5/8 11:58

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy