SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : thoughts????Edit: thanks to everyone, I'm going home wanted to say BYE!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
That is neither my place or responsibility.

Now I feel like Cain . . .

My message is:

We are ingesting poison for the sake of appearance.

2009/5/6 23:00Profile
wind_blows

Re:

Hey sis heartsong
your wrote:My message is:
We are ingesting poison for the sake of appearance.

Sis I am not sure what it is your trying to say in this? I am guessing that you feel convicted that wearing makeup or changing ones appearance in any way is like poison and therefore is sin in a believers life? Is that what you are trying to share here? I don't want to put words in your mouth so I just thought I should ask for clarification on this? Like I said it is difficult to know another persons heart from a forum post:-)

Your sis in Him

2009/5/6 23:16Profile
wind_blows

Re:

hey thingsabove

You wrote:I think the liberty in Christ would allow you to dye your hair. Hopefully your hubby will feel the same.
______

Actually I was asking this question for a friend, and her husband does not mind if she chooses to color her hair. Actually he surprised her and went out and had gray highlights added to his own hair so he would look more his age. He wanted to do this for her he said. He loves her very much.

Thanks for the reply
in Him

2009/5/6 23:22Profile

Re:

I have a question, since this sister didn't dye her hair but her husband has and considering his action only - does this fall under 'the law of love' or should we judge him under the letter of the law as well?

2009/5/6 23:24
HeartSong

Re:

http://cosmeticsdatabase.com/wordsearch_free.php?hq=hair+color&go=go

2009/5/7 1:21Profile
wind_blows

Re:

Hey heart song
I saw the link you posted and I wanted to let you know that I checked it out. First let me just say thank you sis for having a heart that cares for others:-)

While I appreciate what you shared, there are a number of ways for someone to change the color of their hair and not use chemicals to do so. For instance, soy sauce applied to light brown or blond hair will darken over a period of a few weeks. Tea will do the same thing. Cranberry juice makes a really lovely red, and the acid in vinegar and lemon will make your hair lighter.(just in case anyone was curious:-)

Sis I thought we were talking about changing ones appearance as it pertains to our walk with the Lord so my bad for not picking up on what you were trying to say earlier. Again thanks for the info.

It is late and I am getting sleepy,
Your sis in Him

2009/5/7 2:15Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: thoughts???? It's just hair!

I posted this in another thread and even quoted the wrong person(!) but meant it for this one...

Quote:
All of these enhancements are for the purposes of feeding our flesh and are adverse to the ways of God. While something may seem to be harmless, there are actually spiritual implications and ramifications that we can not see.
True beauty lies in that which the Lord has made - as He has made it.

and
Quote:
Do you think that the root of this concern might be some personal insecurity?

Personally, it's what a person has been convicted of. It's being faithful to what God has shown each individual. He may have shown you 25%, while someone else may have been shown 5%! We all have to be faithful in what God has shown us [b]without judgment from anyone else for "not being far enough along in the faith."[/b]

I cannot be faithful to what God has shown you for you. [b]UNLESS[/b] it's specifically spelled out in Scripture. If it is not, then basically it's up to that person - without judgment. This is how we have gotten over a couple of million divisions of EACH religion.

[b]It's a narrow way, not a narrow-minded way! [/b]

Quote:
Jesus-is-GOD wrote:
I have a question, since this sister didn't dye her hair but her husband has and considering his action only - does this fall under 'the law of love' or should we judge him under the letter of the law as well?

Amen! Thank God wind_blows friend is not on here witnessing herself being ready to be stoned. And just like 2,000 years ago, they're letting the man go!! LOL

In conclusion and very seriously; wind_blows friend is truly loved! Truly loved by her earthly husband. Oh what manner of love for him to have gone out and got his hair highlighted gray!! Just remember: It's a narrow way, not a narrow-minded way!

God bless us everyone!!

2009/5/7 5:11Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Chris wrote:

Quote:
I have been told that I have a boyish look. In fact, I was "carded" when attempting to buy some paint a week ago (you need to be 18 to purchase it). My wife has mentioned the possibility that she will look "old" and I will look "young" in a few years. I told her, "Well, then people will just have to think that I love a slightly older woman!" I suppose that such a fear is rooted in the precedent set by many men in America. I have assured my wife that -- when we are in our 30s, 40s, 50s and 60s -- I will love her as much as I have in our 20s.

I cannot imagine NOT being with my wife. I do my best to show this to her daily. I have already explained that my love for her is not based upon her looks...because her looks will one day change with time. Rather, she is "the other side of me." I look forward to talking with her when I get home. I look forward to walking with her along one of these secluded beaches along California's Highway 1 just as much as I long for physical intimacy. More than anything, I explain that I believe in the marriage covenant. I don't ever intend to break that covenant.

Once my wife gets her first gray hair, I will cherish it. More importantly, I will go out of my way to show her that I cherish it. Well, I suppose that I should leave it at that. I am blushing just a bit.

Chris, I love this! You exemplify how a husband should love his wife! I tell you - this post brings a lot of joy to my spirit! Really, I love to hear men talk lovingly of their wives....

Quote:
I told her, "Well, then people will just have to think that I love a slightly older woman!"

Excellent point: good humor! Well placed humor will soften any irritant. Actually, this kind of humor is rooted in a forgiving mentality. One cannot exercise this humor when you carry resentment in your heart about a particular situation. It is a forgiving attitude: "So what? I accept it; no big deal!"

Actually, yesterday as I was thinking about this, I thought the lady could tell these folks who think she may be her husband's mom something like this: "You know what? I was at this man's wedding and you should have seen his bride! She was a pretty thing, full of delight to be able to marry this man! And you want to know where that woman is? You are looking at her!!" :-)

Have a blessed day!
ginnyrose

PS: Oh, and I am still smiling at this imaginary exchange...I think it would be so much fun to say it, but I likely will never get to use it because my husband and I are ageing the same.

2009/5/7 9:27Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
If we are really honest he does not want us to stay as we are at all, He wants us to change to die to self and sin, to become a whole new creation in Christ Jesus.

Any step towards conforming to the ways of the world is a step away from being conformed to the image of Christ.

2009/5/7 11:50Profile
wind_blows

Re:

Hey everyone: Just wanted to say thanks for letting me ask this question here in the forums. Thanks also for the comments put forth for my friend to consider. As I shared she is no longer considering dying her hair at this time because of the loving surprise her hubby gave her by having his own hair done. There may be those that believe he is now in sin for doing this for his wife, all I can say is it was a very loving thing that he did for her and she was really touched by it. I will leave it at that:-)

Ginnyrose: I agree, looking for humor in a situation is a great way to avoid conflict and hurt feelings, life is just to short to take everything to heart or personally:-)

Heart song you wrote:Any step towards conforming to the ways of the world is a step away from being conformed to the image of Christ.

Sis seems like we are kind of going back and forth here. At this point I am guessing that you believe that it is physically unhealthy for someone to dye their hair, wear makeup, or alter their appearance, based on the link you shared? I am also guessing by all of your posts that you believe dying your hair, and wearing makeup, or altering your appearance is a worldly thing and is a way of conforming to it? Am I correct????:-)

IF I am understanding you then let me share sis that I do not believe that altering your appearance in modest ways is a sinful thing to do, nor do I believe it is worldly if done in the right heart. Yes anything we do to draw attention to ourselves or to want to bring the focus on self is sin, however I think that God looks at the motivation of the heart of each person. My friend who covers her dark cycles with cover up is not doing so to make people look at her and pay attention to her. In fact the desire of her heart in this matter is to look healthy so people will not be distracted by her appearance and will focus on what she is trying to share with them instead. IF I may share another example I have a dear sister in Christ who is very close to me that has a skin condition and has to use facial lotion on her face and body. She buys it in the beauty isle at the store and some might think she is just being vain wanting to moisturize her skin to look young or to hide wrinkles but that has nothing to do with it. She does it because if she doesn't her skin cracks and bleeds because of the dryness. Again I think some of your comments have been a bit broad and tend to cast some in a light as if they are acting to please the flesh and conform to the world instead of really seeing the heart of the issue.

Any how sis it has been a stretching and growing time for me sharing with you and so thank you again for your posts and you willingness to share your heart. I guess in some things we just do not agree so until the Lord either opens my eyes to what your seeing or He opens yours to what I am seeing I guess we will just have to part ways on this topic:-) I trust you will walk out what the Lord is showing you in this and I know you will allow me the freedom and liberty that Paul spoke about to do the same. Let us each seek God's heart on this to know His will for each of us as we walk things out:-)

Wow!!! this has really morph from where the topic began hasn't it:-)In all I hope we will grow closer in our walk daily with Jesus and keep our eyes on Him:-)

Your sis in Him

2009/5/7 13:01Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy