Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Deliverance from Fear

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Deliverance from Fear

Ps 34:4 - Show Context
I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

Ps 54:7 - Show Context
For he hath delivered me out of all trouble: and mine eye hath seen his desire upon mine enemies

In this world alot of bad things happen such as financial markets crashing! Christian losing there jobs
Falseness abounding so much in the christian church that it is hard to find what is true!
Tithing being used for personal gain and slight aborations of the truth!
Church Splits, People betraying you and other numerous problems.
I am 28 I have many fears, fears of getting married, fears of not working and fears of other things but the verse says that God delivered me from all my fears as in plural!
If God delivered David then he can deliver anyone else including me from the Wrath and Judgements yet to come on the Church and on the World for its disobedience towards a loving god who created it!
It saddens my heart when handing out tracks because you know that God does not want people to go to Hell! He loves them enough to turn there situation around if they repent and turn to him even this and any other crisis like in times of old when in the Uk, When we had National Days of Prayer and Fasting when National Disasters happen!

If God Delivered the WW2 People as even letting Angels fly planes and other miracles, he can deliver me from the fear of being a Criminal under a One World System that hates its Maker and is in Regicide and treason against the Lord most High!

Oh I wish that England would turn! I sometimes feel in my heart that there is a catologue of fears and doubt!

I was listening to Charles Spurgeon talking about this deadly sin which is doubting what god says! even about our own personal situation specific to me about getting married and me doubting it!

Lu 18:8 - Show Context
I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Ps 125:1 - Show Context
They that trust in the LORD shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abideth for ever.

We need to Trust in the Lord ! Lord help us trust in you!

Heb 11:6 - Show Context
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him

The reason I like the verse that I started of with is that he can deliver us from all our fears not some, all!

Let us faith as without faith it is impossible to please God and during the Dark times of persecution and let the question to Jesus, shall he find Faith on the Earth be a definative "yes"

Has not our Messiah won the Victory, he destroyed the Tower of Babel, Brought Nebuchazzer down!, Destroyed Egypt! Flooded the Earth! Stopped the Sun at the Cross and Two Earthquakes!

salm 2 - Study This Chapter

1 Why do the heathen rage, F3 and the people imagine a vain thing? 2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying, 3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. 4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. 5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex F4 them in his sore displeasure. 6 Yet have I set F5 my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

7 I will declare the decree: F6 the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. 8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. 9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth. 11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling. 12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

Our God laughs at all the planning by our goverments and other organisations they are a drop in the bucket to him, if that is your personal situation and mine is aswell

Lu 18:8 - Show Context
I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

He will avenge those speedly those who call on him, help us pray!

Lord deliver us from all our Fears, as you have said in your word!

2009/5/2 20:28Profile

Re: Deliverance from Fear

"Lord deliver us from all our Fears, as you have said in your word!"

Amen deltaDom. It sure helps when we're praying for others - praying "us", as you have.

Thank you!

2009/5/5 0:20
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Deliverance from Fear

deltadom,

This post keeps nagging at me to the point where I sense the need to share with you...what I am about to say will largely be testimonial. Some spurn this type of post but please hear me out.

By way of introduction, I used to be a very fearful person. Today I am 62 years old and for the most part debilitating fear is history: I still do not like heights or roller coaster rides but this is irrelevant, I think. However, I know fear lurks within me so that it would be easy to fall back into the "nobody loves me, everybody hates me, guess I will go eat worms" mentality.

My husband remembers well how fearful I used to me to go up to strangers and introduce myself, and now? People who know me well cannot imagine this...So what happened?

A sister in church liked to quote this verse from 2 Timothy 1:7: God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, of love, and of a sound mind." Wow! So the fear that was crippling me did not come from God! I was afraid of what people would say? What would [i]they[/i] think? So I always worked to please people, never myself or my husband, just others. I knew the Scriptures well: knew the story of Moses' reaction when God asked him to go to Pharaoh; Peter's attempt to walk on water; the man who hid his talent because he was afraid. But this verse in 2 Timothy was a pivotal point for me when it gripped my conscience: this fear I had was a perverted fear. SO help me God!

Now fear has a legitimate function in the life of a Believer. We are to fear (Jeremiah 32:40) God: having this fear means we are one of His. Fear manipulates, controls. So when we fear God it will provide one (me) with the motivation to stay close to Him. ("For if the righteous scarcely be saved...")

Fear also works to protect one from doing stupid things, like driving down the middle of the road with oncoming traffic. It will work to protect one from dangerous things, motivating us to use common sense.

Fear is essential for life, but we must not allow it to be our master, but we must master fear. There will always be that struggle within for mastery. With the aid of the Holy Spirit, this fear can be put in its rightful place where trust can rule. Trust and fear cannot occupy the same space.

Quote:
I have many fears, fears of getting married

Brother, I would guess there is some legitimacy in this fear, given the times when divorce is accepted among so-called Christian people. When divorce was frowned down upon by the general population, people stayed married for fear of being ostracized. Today this is no longer the case, even among popular churches. Now, who can I marry who will love me till death do us part? I suggest, you not look for a wife, but lay this desire at God's feet, let it rest there until he prompts you to do something about it: he may prod you into asking for assistance from a respected Christian, or pursue a certain lady. Just surrender this desire to the LORD and if the LORD will show you who this person is, He will give you the grace to go through with it. And even so, fear may lurk there. (Within the week of our getting married I felt fear: hey, I am committing myself to be married to this fellow for life! Am I sure this is what I wanted to do? As of the moment we have been married over 41 years! It takes God's enabling grace to make it work. Neither one of us has/had enough of our own strength to accomplish this feat. We ran out of 'gas' a long time go.)

God go with you, brother. There will always be things out there the Enemy will place in our path in an attempt to trip us up. It does not take an unsettled economy, world events, natural disasters to accomplish this. If it isn't one thing, it will be another. But God will always be there. "Take my yoke upon you and learn of me..." (Matthew 11:29) Do not forget that.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2009/5/5 11:56Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy