SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Hollywood and other lesser sins :Deliverance from a Hollywood Heart

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Hollywood and other lesser sins :Deliverance from a Hollywood Heart

Job 31:1 - Show Context
I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid?

Php 4:8 - Show Context
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

1Co 6:18 - Show Context
Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

In this world that we live in we are polluted by other people and even our selves watching things either through the internet or adverts in shops or tv or other things that are not godly!

The mediums through which you can access filth is increasing whether it is christian or non christian such as an XBOx, Handheld devices, PS3, Computers.

Big Companies like Paramount and AOL Time Warner and other big studios, control content.
Then there is the lesser influence through UTube.

My heartcry to god is when will the Filth from Hollywood stop! I cannot look at them and not look at myself! As I cry Lord deliver me from my sins and my fears!

I go frequently on the tube in London and the amount of Adverts for films is horrifying!

1Co 10:21 - Show Context
Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.

How can we sit at the Lord Table then drink at the Table of Devils, the statistics of having a TV in the Uk is alot something like 99.9% I was trying to find any recent statistics!

Do you wonder what we would ever do if the electricity suddenly went nation wide? , What activitys would we be engadged in?

If Hollywood went Bust what other amusements would we cater for! MOst people on this site, if they have found this site would probably play sermons rather than Watch Movies!

In computing we have a Statement Garbage IN Garbage OUT, Hollywood and all the Media companies have alot to answer for before a living God who is going to judge every idle word

Mt 12:36 - Show Context
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

My usual statement is it is just harmless! Lord deliver me from that statement! Sin even my own sin cost our saviour alot! I have to repent of disobeying God as much as you!

Some People in this country like watching football but not playing it! It is like Christians like watching it on TV but not participating in prayer!

We can get rid of the medium by getting rid of the TV but not the heart that desires for these things as there is many cinema and computer and other things! What gives christians who should know more about the bible and other godly things than what series of DVDs they have been watching!

I wish our nation could be delivered from this Judgement and christians from a Hollywood Heart and I wish god could sort out my heart aswell! As it is only by the precious blood of the lamb

Re 2:4 - Show Context
Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

2Ch 16:9 - Show Context
For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. Herein thou hast done foolishly: therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars

We forget that the Lords eyes run two and fro throughout the whole earth! They see us when we are sinning against him, they see us when we are up late doing things that we shouldnt! Why do we hide from him what he allready knows!

Does what you spend your time on and your eyes on! I wish I could spend more of my spare time with Jesus! Because that is where we fail when we get home from work we are tired and just want to put it as a say "Chill Out".

So when we are most vunerable and are mind and heart can take in as much filth as possible because we are tired is that an excuse for letting the flow of filth transfer from one medium to another medium namely your head and your head in a quasi state!

Pr 4:23 - Show Context
Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Keep thy heart with all diligence!

Mt 5:8 - Show Context
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

What I did not reply is what you can fill you time with otherwise as there is many good christian books and music and other resources!

Psalm 16:11
You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Why is the world tends to look on as christians as narrow minded! With God there are pleasures forever more!

Why cant we spend more time with our creator, why cant I aswell spend more time with him who has created Peacocks which are more complex than the Printer, there feathers and Puffins that can change there beaks and all the tiny wonderful truths of creation! Lord help me and others delve into that for your glory!

Lord help us live for your glory, Lord provide work for us but yet us not forget the one who gave it to us, nor the money that we have is yours allready.
The house or the food that we eat, The creation that we live in! Which is all a gift from God and the greatest gift our salvation!

Col 4:5 - Show Context
Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time

Help us redeem the Time?

My heart cry is when will Judgment fall on Hollywood!

2009/5/2 20:06Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy