SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : God's Beauty School for Ladies

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Lorijean

Austin, Texas

God's Beauty School for Ladies

Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the pure, holy life of the LORD Jesus Christ radiating from within her. Ladies, never hesitate to allow that inner beauty to shine through for God. If you've been given physical beauty, the more inner beauty you will need to outshine it. The less physical beauty you have, the more inner beauty you will need to compensate for it. Either way, this inner beauty is essential! It only comes from a pure and holy life, lived in obedience to God and filled with the joy and thankfulness that Christ gives us. Physical beauty is here today, gone tomorrow. Inner beauty is forever.

Dear Lord Jesus, shine through me today and be glorified in my life! :-)

2009/5/2 8:17Profile
bowmyknees

Re: God's Beauty School for Ladies

"Dear Lord Jesus, shine through me today and be glorified in my life! "

AMEN

May the Lord Bless you keep you make His face shine on you and give you peace

2009/5/2 9:18Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: God's Beauty School for Ladies

Would you mind commenting on the role the eyes play in this 'beauty'? Or, have you never noticed this?

ginnyrose

2009/5/2 12:31Profile

Re:

You've brought up an excellent point Ginnyrose.
It has nothing to do with "pretty eyes" as the world thinks it and I know that is exactly what you are meaning by your question - Amen!

I for one feel at a horrible disadvantage talking with people who I haven't spoken with 'face to face' because there is so much in the eyes of us all. I've met people who were always happy, but when I looked into their eyes I saw a "hurt" in there and they were really hurting inside.

What I notice most is with those with no guile - their eyes are like pools that you can go right into but if there is any fascade or non-genuiness, their eyes are like brick walls saying "don't enter." You can see hatred in eyes, even if the rest of the face is smiling. It's not an "art" like FBI work nor like some New Age practice, but when you're talking with folks, many times you can catch where they are hurting by their eyes and other traits & feelings. Can they even make long term eye contact and if not why? The Holy Spirit is the only one that knows. Sometimes they're just feeling false-guilt or feeling inadequate or really do have a problem. I really love eye contact with anyone I'm talking with. It's actually quite precious - but yes, sometimes it can reveal some very scarey things.
I was on a forum where they posted their pictures by their names and one woman always posted very meekly and kind but every now and then, I'd be caught by her eyes in the picture where she had a half of a smile and saw 'hatred' in those eyes and later found out that was very much the case.

As you know, eyes can be beautiful to the world, but what you see 'in' them may not be beautiful at all - especially if what you're seeing in them is pain, hurt, sadness, etc..

Now these eyes are some of my favorite. I can sink into these like a healing pool - even though the world would see nothing "beautiful" in them - [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=198]Photo[/url] :-D .

2009/5/2 15:28
Lorijean

Austin, Texas

Re:

Quote:

ginnyrose wrote:
Would you mind commenting on the role the eyes play in this 'beauty'? Or, have you never noticed this?

ginnyrose

Yes, Ginnyrose, the eyes are the key! Amen to what Jesus-is-GOD posted. It is amazing what you can determine by looking into someone’s eyes, as it has been said, “The eyes are the window to the soul”. I’ll never forget years ago, after Bill McLeod had come to our church for revival meetings, the LORD had so moved that there was a beautiful holiness radiating from many of the participants. When you conversed with them, you saw in them such transparency, joy, love, wholesomeness, patience, humility, etc. – no guile, reservation, or pretension! The Holy Spirit had come down and filled afresh those who were willing. On the other hand, some in attendance missed the whole thing and continued in their carnal state of mind.

Anyway, it is beautiful to see the life of Jesus Christ shining through other believers, and I believe it is detectable mainly through their eyes!

2009/5/3 7:43Profile

Re:

Lorijean, you just reminded me of another thing.
I've had three pastors in my saved life that when they looked in my eyes, could see right through me or at least it 'feels' that way when it happens - as rare as that true 'act of GOD' does happen. They could see what was bothering me even if I was smiling and tell exactly what was bothering me. It is so wonderful to be with the few that GOD uses like that. Not to promote any man when it's really GOD's work, but around '88 or so, while David Wikerson was visiting an auditorium to preach [about wild donkeys] in Providence, he was one of them. He looked right through me, so to speak. I asked him to pray with me over something and he looked right in my eyes and rather quickly said, I'll paraphrase - "That's not your problem - your problem is fear." and he looked so sympathetically, then prayed over me for 'fear' and he didn't even know me, but he was right-on and it all happened so quickly. It wasn't like these freaky guys that visit some churches "giving words" - it was the real deal and the same with the other two pastors I've had. The one was an older pastor in the 70's, my home church pastor of the AoG and the other is my present pastor who is PCA. Imagine that?! It gives just a taste of what it must have been like to look into the eyes of Jesus.
These men sure know how to use their consecrated GOD-given eyes alrighty. I think it's a wonderful gift, though with GOD, He could use a blind man that way. I think Corrie had that gift as well. When someone who is trustworthy looks "through you" by or in The Holy Spirit - it's Wonderful! I've seen a [b]lot[/b] of counterfeit "gifts" though, but with the genuine, it's like being happy to have that x-ray to find out what that pain in your side is and then being 'properly' treated to have it relieved, without going to a Dr.. Bless GOD!

Thank you Sis for this Good thread!

2009/5/3 8:54
AmyE

Re:

Your story is so inspiring! I remember when I became a born again Christian as well. I was going through some tough times. I'd just finished cosmetology school, and was trying to start my own business. One of my first clients looked into my eyes and knew how much I was hurting, and she started praying for me then and there. I have grown so much in my faith since that day, and now I am more successful in my life than I ever thought imaginable. I try to help other students find the best beauty school for them with my website http://onlinebeautyschool.org/ and I advise recent graduates who want to start their own business. If you think you may want to start a business, http://www.sba.gov/ is a great resource for small business owners.
Thank you for your story, and God Bless!

2012/3/26 14:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy