SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Paul Washer On Twitter

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Paul Washer On Twitter

Saints,

Paul Washer is on twitter, I am not sure who you are following but here is one good start for you: http://twitter.com/paulwasher

SermonIndex is also on twitter where I will be posting updates to the site, personal ministry happenings for myself and some inspiring quotes: http://twitter.com/sermonindex

2009/4/28 22:00Profile
shadyg

Re: Paul Washer On Twitter

Okay so i've been listening to sermons and reading the blogs for months and I pick this one to comment on. Is that weird? So you can be a man and be on Twitter but not Facebook? So it's okay to Twitter but not okay to use Facebook? Am I the only one who finds this strange?

So a few weeks ago I had to take my daughter to the pediatrician as I got of the interstate I saw a billboard that read, “FOLLOW ASTON KRUTCHER.” Under it were the words Twitter and a web link. The following afternoon, my wife turned on the television and guess what? Oprah was on (not that we watch that show mind you) and guess what she was talking about? You got it! Following Aston Krutcher to that insipid little website. He was neck in neck with CNN to become the first with over a million followers of their Twitter page.

Personally I could careless about what Aston, Oprah, are Twittering about! I read that billboard Thursday and the first thought that popped in my mind was “Uh…How about following Jesus instead?” Man that's one of the problems in the world today. We know more about celebrities than we know about the word of God. We’re more concerned about who’s dating who in Hollywood than we are the things that really matter!

We live in messed up society and mess up world. People are living under the weight of sin, depression, poverty, and abuse just to name a few. We desperately need hope and direction and instead we’re being told that we need a TWITTER account, we need to know what Aston and Oprah have to say. No! No! No!

We need hope! We need Forgiveness! We need to know the message of Jesus Christ! What does the scripture say that message is? “The time has come, The kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe the GOOD NEWS! Come Follow me and I’ll make you fishers of men!” (Mark 1:15&17).

So is it wrong to Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, Blog...etc???? Follow Jesus and Follow the conviction of the Holy Spirit. Be Fishers of Men everywhere.

2009/4/28 22:37Profile
KathleenP

Maine

Re:

Reguarding all these things; I use the fashion of this world, but do not abuse it. I cannot debate about this thing or that. I am simply zealous for the spreading of the gospel and that Christ be magnified.

2009/4/29 5:30Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Well shadyg, welcome to the website.

Intresting choice of first post.

If someone uses twitter or whatever, that's up to them. Maturity and wisdom should dictate it's use.

T.V used to be the demon, and still is, but now we seem to have added to that, and I don't doubt the next new thing will also be criticised.

I see it as a form of communication, just like writing a letter. Or, as some charities do, they have a magazine that they send to you.

Ever got one of those?

So, we can use it or leave it.

The choice is ours.

2009/4/29 5:39Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

they call twitter the poor man's email because of the short word count. I read through brother Paul's twitter page and was edified greatly by what he said.

Our posts on sermonindex will be brought before the judgment seat just as much as any twitter post or email we send.

2009/4/29 8:28Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Poor man's email?

Guess that's a good way of looking at it.

God bless.

2009/4/29 9:46Profile

Re:

I'm not on twitter... but from what i know about it, it is not at all like Facebook. Facebook can be a terrible consumer of our time. I know people who are absolutely addicted to it. Hours and hours taking surveys, stupid tests like "how much of a redneck are you?", etc etc...

Twitter is more of an email type of thing. It too can be abused, but Facebook really eat up your time... just like SermonIndex forums can. I've had to repent of it too. Thats part of the reason why you dont see me on here as much.

Krispy

2009/4/29 9:51
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Whether it is Facebook, Twitter, Sermon Index, or the internet, it can all be used for the glory of God or it can be used in a way that is not pleasing to God. I know men on Sermon Index that are on Facebook and are using it for the sake of the gospel, and they are real men.

2009/4/29 11:10Profile

Re:

Yea... Washer's comments on the Facebook issue I thought were a bit harsh. I mean, if someone is on there just wasting time and being foolish, then what he said applies. But like anything else, God can use Facebook thru His obedient servants.

I love Paul Washer, and his messages have revolutionized my spiritual walk, let there be no doubt about it. But I think sometimes he makes blanket statements, and that's never good. [i](if you didn't notice... I just made a blanket statement about blanket statements!)[/i]

I hope that during my tenure on this forum God has used my words to minister truth to 1 or 2 people, and I know He has used it to teach me a whole bunch. But I am afraid that I have wasted much time on here too... arguing and debating about things that ought not to be argued and debated.... trying to make sure I get in the last word... and it's utter foolishness.

I have backed off this forum, and the internet, and to be honest... after a few weeks I didn't really miss it.

Krispy

2009/4/29 11:46
HeartSong

Re:

The Lord still will not let me join any of these things. I do not know the reason - but I trust that whatever His reason, it is sufficient for me. Each must do as the Lord directs.

2009/4/29 11:49Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy