Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Swine Flu =/

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Totality

Sulphur Springs, Texas

Swine Flu =/

So I thought it wasn't possible, but my brother, Miguel, now has the third case of Swine Flu in Texas.

So what do you think of this epidemic/pandemic?

Personally I think its just another step to the downfall of America

-Max

2009/4/27 16:57Profile
HeartSong

Re: Swine Flu =/

Praying.

2009/4/27 17:01Profile
Totality

Sulphur Springs, Texas

Re:

Quote:

HeartSong wrote:
Praying.

Thank you HeartSong... My father is really worried and doesn't know what to make of this

2009/4/27 17:06Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Have you told your father in Whom it is that he can put his trust?

2009/4/27 17:15Profile
Totality

Sulphur Springs, Texas

Re:

Quote:

HeartSong wrote:
Have you told your father in Whom it is that he can put his trust?

...he is lost. I honestly don't know what to tell him. He knows the Gospel, from every angle it can be said. He says he believes, but the proof is in the works... I just don't know what to say

2009/4/27 17:18Profile
theopenlife

Re:

Totality, I am pained with you to hear of your situation, though I rejoice that God is in control and working all things for His glory and the good of His people.

In such a position, it has gone through my mind to say to my grieved loved one, "You know, I was comforted today by the thought that the same God who raised Lazarus from the dead, also used sickness to take Elisha home to the Lord. God is wise. Whatever He brings to pass is best in the long run, for those who know Christ. Let's thank God in prayer right now that He has everything under control, for His glory and our good..." and then pray with him.

While you pray, perhaps ask God to help you both "make your calling and election sure," since death is such a close reality. This may open a door afterward to ask your relative if he is sure that he has been born again.

2009/4/27 17:51Profile
hescoming

Re:

Hi totality,

I hope hes been treated for this virus. It is treatable.
Downfall of America? I dont know. It definately could be the downfall of alot of people that get this virus and are not treated, but I don't know about the downfall of this country as a result of this virus. It certainly does seem funny that this thing keeps popping up though. It seems to get worse every year. It been showing up in small dodes for years in remote places and it has been growing and spreading a little more every year.
personally, I think this is a ploy by the government to try to regulate our food supply under the guise of consumer protection. our government is what we need to be aware of. Not just because its Obama either. Bush was just as bad and I dont care what anyone says the left and right work together to accomplish an agenda regardless of the votes. This government is just another part of the system of this world. Dont put your faith in it. It will dissapoint you.
I really dont think this has been a government of the people for a long time. The more I learn about it makes me wonder if it ever really was.

2009/4/27 21:31Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Swine Flu =/

Quote:
So what do you think of this epidemic/pandemic?

I just think some people got sick and some are sicker then others which require hospitalization. Nothing new here. If you will study the history about epidemics, the fuss this flu has generated look like chicken little declaring the sky is falling. But epidemic?
It also seems to me the media is desperate for something to write about so what else? Make an emergency.

Reckon I am not worried about it...there are other things more important to be concerned about. The worst thing flu can do is kill a body - it cannot send a person to hell unless he/she is not ready to die. All of are going to die - sometime - and if our life is in the hand of our Father, why worry? If he wants us alive, no flu can kill ya. (This is a take-off of Wurmbrand's comment: "that if God wants you alive, persecution cannot kill you.")

Take care and God bless you,
ginnyrose

2009/5/2 15:20Profile
HeartSong

Re:

The Lord is our protection. It is those that are not covered by the blood of Jesus Christ that need be concerned. It appears to me that the powers of darkness are trying to scare us into seeking "treatment" - trying to cause us to fear so that we run to something other than the Lord Jesus to be our saviour. It is the same ploy that was used in the last election - trying to convince us that this other thing, or person, will save us.

When we turn to these other things for "salvation", we turn away from Christ and make ourselves subject to these other powers. To turn to something other than the Lord for protection, is to say that He can not protect us - it is unbelief. It is by our own choices that we take ourselves out from under the protection of our Lord, and Saviour, Jesus Christ and open ourselves up to the horrors of the very thing that we are trying escape - for the enemy is a liar and a thief.

2009/5/2 16:28Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

The regular flu, the one that goes around every flu season kills between 20 and 60 thousand people IN THE UNITED STATES a year (on the higher side when you account for the flu as leading to pneumonia) Here is something I pulled off of a health information site about the regular flu (not the swine one):

[b]Death rate extrapolations for USA for Flu: 63,729 per year, 5,310 per month, 1,225 per week, 174 per day, 7 per hour[/b]

The Swine Flu on the other hand has caused less than 200 deaths worldwide in more than a month. I have a hard time believing this is the downfall of America.

I will be praying for your brother, but from my understanding, regular antibiotics have been effective in controlling this flu.

2009/5/2 17:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy