Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Notes From China

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Denny

Virginia

Notes From China

Notes From China

Here are a couple notes from our China team members. Please continue to lift us up to the Father.
-------------------------------- ---------------

We are so excited about what is happening here! We took a bus from our last town and arrived in the new one yesterday. We were able to give a few gifts on the bus, and in the last town.

When we got to town we went to drop off dirty laundry and were quite the show! I guess they want to know what American laundry looks like! We have to get used to being watched and crowded upon, and have a sense of humor.

Later we were shopping for a few items and encountered a 17 year old student "Lu" who was eager to speak English with us. We chatted with him a little and said goodbye to finish our shopping. We spent the next few hours at the hotel, resting and sharing together with Father. As we were doing that, we received a knock on our door! Guess who it was? It was "Lu" with 2 girls from his school. He had searched at different hotels until he found us! We were overjoyed to go down into the lobby and talk them for an hour or two. Two of them are Hui Muslims and one Han nominal Buddhist. They were so friendly! The girls held our hands, considering us as dear friends, as we took a walk later. Lu is trying to arrange with his English teacher to have us come talk talk with the students in one of the classes later today. We are hoping for this and many open doors. What a revelation three and eight I ask for.

The previous day we had such special times of interaction with people. Just simple things, without many words, but gifts of time, and connection that transcends language barriers. We stopped by a music store as they were getting ready to close. We motioned that Cori could play the violin and asked to come in. They had some unusual traditional Chinese instruments hanging on the wall, and I asked the young man if he could play them. He could not, but they summoned a man from upstairs, and he played this 2 stringed, long necked instrument with a small cylindrical base. I was so touched! I felt that this was a precious gift, that he would share his talent as a gift to the foreign visitors. Cori played a song for them on their violin.

Then we went into a tiny family-run restaurant for dinner. There were a 13 yr old and 16 year old girl there making paper birds (Origami). I asked the 16 year old to show me how to make one. (I had done Origami with my oldest sister when I was young.) I went over to her table and we sat there making flapping cranes from colorful advertising pages. We had a delicious dinner with so much food. The humble man and woman who ran the restaurant, with their two children were so gracious, kind and giving. We went away blessed by their humble and generous hospitality. We treasure these interactions as a bridge of the love of our Father.

Thank you for all of your thoughts and best wishes. Keep on! We are so touched for all of the many people of China!

A.F.

-------------------------------- --------------

Dear Prayer Partners,

It seems so much happens every day we are in China, I don't know what to write in the little time I have at the internet cafe, or how much is wise to write from here by email. I hope to type out my journal for whoever is interested after I get home. We have had an amazing time since my last letter. It seems that our steps are guided and opportunities are strewn in our path. You are praying and we are seeing the answers on the other side of the world. What an awesome and priveledged place to be!

On Friday morning we left Lanzhou and traveled by train to Zhongning, about a 7 hour trip. We arrived in a strange town surrounded by strange people who spoke a strange language. At least there were two of us. We use our phrase books a lot to communicate here, and we got the message across that we want a hotel. We were also assigned to visit a Buddhist monastery near this city, and in the course of things and man and his wife (?) took us to see the monastery and then to a nice hotel. The next day we started down the street, hoping to find someone who could speak English, and hoping to find the bus station where we could buy tickets to leave the next day.

We walked to the south side of town, then we saw a place with a sign that said in English, "Westerners Travelers Association." Ah, we thought, here surely we can find someone who speaks English. It turned out that no one there could speak English, but they called in an English teacher from down the street to translate for us. We were not too interested in any of there tourist attractions - all of them were out of town a ways - but then the teacher invited us to visit her school. So we had a very interesting and worthwhile day talking with children, some of whom had probably never had a chance to try out their English on a Westerner before. We ate lunch with 7 of the English teachers, who wanted to spend as much time with us as they could to prctice their English.

This morning we left Zhongning by bus and arrived in Xiji shortly after noon. On the same bus as we was an English teacher from a middle school (a boarding school) that is located about 15 km from Xiji. He was also happy to practice his English and helped us make reservations in a decent hotel before he had to rush off to get to work on time. He said something about us coming to his school before he left, and gave us his email and phone number, so I am waiting right now for an email answer from him. If we do not get a response in time we will probably assume that is not the Plan for this town.

We took a walk this afternoon, and when we got back their was a young lady waiting for us who speaks fairly good English, and was delighted to be able to practice it with native English speakers. Her dream is to be a translator, and she would love to be our tour guide around the city tomorrow. So we agreed to meet her at 8:00 tomorrow morning and let her be our translator.

I feel like I am writing too many of the trivial facts without the really important details. But many of those will have to wait until I get home. For now I can just say that some precious seed has been sown that may through your continued prayers have eternal results, and so many still lack even the first crumb of living bread. I wish I could convey to you the burden I feel.

Thanks to each one who took the time to write me. It is so encouraging to read my emails and feel that connection to each of you. May God bless each one.

R.Y.

2009/4/26 23:38Profile
NoWhining

East Texas

Re: Notes From China

Denny, thanks for the reports. My wife and I enjoyed them very much. You mentioned the writers being team members. As a new member here, I'm ignorant of your group. How do I find out more?

We will remember AF and DY in our prayers. Don

2009/4/27 8:29Profile
Denny

Virginia

Re:

Hi,

Our ministry website is http://www.lifeandlibertyministries.com

We have four teams traveling in different parts of northwestern China at this time. Each year I come to China for approx. 2 1/2 weeks to bring Bibles and distribute Gospel literature. Thanks for praying. We are in unreached areas that never see Westerners.

2009/4/28 0:24Profile

Re:

GOD Bless you Denny for these posts.
I think of Hudson Taylor and all the others that went before us and pray for those with a heart for that country working there presently. They need intercessors to cover them, Amen!

Editing: We truly need to 'fast' as well for these Missionaries, world wide, if we can't go ourselves.
Thank you!

2009/4/28 10:54
NoWhining

East Texas

Re:

Thanks for the info, Denny. God's blessings and strength to you and yours. Don

2009/4/29 8:29Profile
Denny

Virginia

Re: A Message from one of the China Teams

Brothers and Sisters,

Here is a new message from one of our teams.
--------------------------------------------

Dear Friends,

Please remember us to Father. We have had a few problems. We did not get the opportunity to speak at the school, as we had hoped. The headmaster said it could cause an int'l incident. I was very disappointed. But Father knows best! We were resting in our room, and received a knock at the door. It was some of our new teenaged friends. They invited us to visit the home of one girl and her father.

We were so honored to go to this home. It looked so simple on the outside, but was quite nicely decorated and furnished on the inside, although it only had three main rooms. The girl's father could not speak any English. Her mother was out of town visiting relatives. The dad was such a gracious host, as he served us a dinner of huge homemade rolls and kettle roasted potatoes. We shared with all of them as best as we could. The teens spoke English, so we talked with them. We shared by a phrase book with the dad. The family is Muslim, and one of the teens nominal Buddhist. WE gave them each a booklet, and sang them some good songs, including "Joy to the World". Keep talking to Father about them. We parted with affectionate farewells, and exchanged e-mail addresses.

We were privileged to watch a wonderful celebration of traditional folk dancing that afternoon. They were celebrating the opening of a local brewery. We really enjoyed the colorful costumes and Chinese dances and music.

The next town we went to was not successful., The local officials said that we had to have a permit to visit the town and province. We had to stay in the hotel and leave the next morning.

We rode by bus to the current town we are in. Please remember us for open doors today and all the next week. There don't seem to be any problems here, so ask Father to show us who to talk to and what to say.

Blessings,
A. F.

2009/4/29 23:23Profile
Denny

Virginia

Re:

Hi everyone.

All has been going well with my team (myself and my son Christian). The towns we have been visiting haven't seen Westerners before so we cause a bit of a stir just walking down the street. It's fun to watch the responses of small children who stop in their tracks when they see us and quickly look for the shortest path to get out of our path. We are in Peng Yang and will be dropping Gospel literature door-to-door overnight. Tomorrow we will travel to one more town for another literature drop and then catch a train to Lanzhou to meet up with the other three teams. From there we will travel by train back to Beijing (27 hour ride +/-).

Please lift up our teams for the two remaining nights of street work. Pray that the Gospel seed that has been cast out will fall on and take root in fertile ground.

We so much appreciate your prayer.

For China and the Savoir who shed His blood for her,

Denny

2009/5/2 8:21Profile

Re:

LORD Jesus, we ask You pour out special favor on Denny, Christian and the other teams. Cause Your affect upon these people to see You in them. Prepare the ground before them. Father we ask for supernatural strength for these merciful servants of Yours. Show Yourself mighty on their behalf. Allow their paths to be wide open. Protect, protect, protect LORD by Your angels and move ahead of them by Your Spirit. Let them tangibly see Your Presence with them by what You do before them.
We Thank You Merciful Father GOD for Your Compassions are Great - Your Mercies New Every Morning. That Your power and might may be experienced by your witnesses. You Are REAL --- make Yourself Real to these precious people, where these faithful are sharing Your Name & Glory in Jesus. Thank You LORD for WHO You Are. We Love You. Bless Your Servants - Amen.

2009/5/2 10:03
Denny

Virginia

Another trip to China in the Fall??

HalleluYah for a great ministry trip!

We will never know (this side of eternity) how much impact was made during our time in China. Let's continue to pray for the lost and for workers to water the seed sown.

So what's next?

I'm Praying about the possibility of taking another team to China in the Fall, perhaps Sept./Oct.

My thoughts are to make this trip last for 3 weeks with the option of earlier returns for those who want to come along but are unable to stay for the full three weeks.

There is much work to be done and the hour is late.

Commit it to prayer and let me hear any feedback you may have.

I want to sincerely thank all of the team members from this last trip for making our trip a tremendous blessing for all involved. It was a privilege to work with each of you.

Feel free to contact us with any questions regarding the possible trip in the Fall of this year. I can be reached at [email protected] .

Sincerely,

Dennis Green

2009/5/11 15:41Profile

Re: Another trip to China in the Fall??

Praise GOD Brother Denny.
Praying & encouraging fasting for all Missionaries by those who can't go into all the world and preach the Gospel. Missionaries sometimes live on one meal a day and certainly many if not most of those that they are trying to reach are living on even less.
We need to pray that HE will keep these lost & hungry ones alive long enough to be reached and Missionaries covet prayer more than anything.

Bless GOD for your report.

2009/5/11 22:10

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy