SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Seeing laborers

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rocklife

usa

Seeing laborers

It's such a blessing and encouragement to see laborers, especially not in church settings. I love giving tracts away myself, but it was nice that an older woman, while standing in line at Walmart, gave my son a tract that said "read the bible starting with John in New Testament." It was a Jesus loves you tract, which I don't agree with evangelizing that way, because God's coming judgment shows us Jesus is going to throw unrepentant sinners into hell, which makes "Jesus loves you" not make sense. But it was encouraging to see a Christian try to reach out for Jesus in the world (and not just at church). I am seeing God's answer to our prayers of thrusting laborers into the harvest. Thank you Lord for answering our prayers. Lord Jesus, help us evangelize in truth and righteousnes, presenting the whole Gospel, not presenting half-truths as if they were whole truths.Please forgive us and teach us, Lord, we pray the Gospel will spread and be preached truthfully, faithfully, and uncompromisingly. Please continue to thrust forth laborers and supply our needs to do Your work. Lord, help us to love You more and grow in knowledge and wisdom of You, and help us love each other. Thank you for Your wonderful promises in the Bible and please answer this prayer according to the will of the Father in heaven. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

2004/8/19 16:20Profile
Rahman

Re: Seeing laborers

Rocklife you wrote;

--- It was a Jesus loves you tract, which I don't agree with evangelizing that way, because God's coming judgment shows us Jesus is going to throw unrepentant sinners into hell, which makes "Jesus loves you" not make sense ---

i don't mind a good "Jesus Loves You", as long as it is explained that He loves you so much as to have hung, bled and died on Calvary's Cross, to keep you from having to go to Hell ...

Interesting that you should mention laborers ... i live in a section where there are now lots of Korean saints ...

Now you talk about evangelizing ... i've run into Korean saints who know no other English but "Jesus Loves You", but they'll give you a tract in English quick ... And you know what else i've noticed, no prosperity teaching is done in many of their churches, as was told us by an english speaking Korean pastor that came to our church ... If i knew how to understand Korean i'd be tempted to step on over into Macedonia (sort a speak) ... '-)

2004/8/19 17:03Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re: Seeing laborers

Praise the Lord! there are those who will get out of there comfort zone and work for the lord.
There is work being done thou not always on the front line or told about in church. Just with in the past few weeks My wife and I worked with the "On Eagles Wings" team. we now have 78 new souls who want to know the lord in a more personal way, these are reservation young people. there is work and we don't need to look far to get in on it. I've a brother in christ who is over in turkey now doing mission work and when he went I wished to go also, but was able too, but the lord opened up a place for me and my wife here in the northwest. he has his time and place for all if we look listen and DO.
blessing and praise to the almighty Bro. Raven

2004/8/20 1:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy