REV. RICK ANDUIZA
People used to say that Elvis is alive and seen him: Jesus is alive
DISCOVERING YOUR HIDDEN TREASURE
TEXT: Matt 13:44-46
Matt 13:44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.
Matt 13:45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
Matt 13:46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it
KEY POINT: Time that we discover even more treasures God has for us!
Matt Chapter 13 has 6 Parables:
Parable of the Sower, the tares, the mustard Seed, the leaven, the net, and the hidden Treasure
Speak on either preaching the gospel and describing the kingdom of heaven
The parable of the Hidden Treasure teaches 2 truths: The kingdom is a priceless treasure which is to be desired above all else. And the kingdom is to acquired by giving up everything and being completely sold out.
We are treasures to: Family, our kids, parents, friends, to the church, and to the Lord Jesus
PAYING THE PRICE:
Everything we purchase revolves around a price
Home, car, cell phone, clothes
The more you spend, the better the quality of the item
The more you spend, the more sacrifice
3 levels in the sellers market:I WANT, I NEED, I MUST HAVE (JESUS!)
KEY POINT: THE MORE WE SACRIFICE FOR GOD, THE MORE BLESSED WE ARE
During the Temptations of Christ in Matt 4, the devil didnt leave after 1 rebuke.
It took 3 scriptures and rebukes for the devil to depart for a season and the angels to come to minister to Jesus
For every new level of power you achieve, you must also face a new set of devils more sophisticated than the last. But also remember that the same thing that defeated him before will defeat him again and again. The same name, the same blood, and the same bible works over and over!!!
The anointing of God does not promise the gates of hell from coming against you, but it prevents the gates of hell from prevailing against you!
JESUS SAID TO KNOW THE MYSTERIES:
Matt 13:10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
Matt 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
Jesus was looking for hungry people who wanted to hear the word
There was a man who asked 3 friends, What is truth?
A Psychologist said, Truth is what you FEEL it to be
An Accountant said, Truth is what you NEED it to be
A Lawyer said, Truth is what you MAKE it to be
KEY POINT: I AM THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE
CELL PHONE EXAMPLE: (Imbalanced Homes)
Too many homes have an imbalanced spiritual life/spouses.
Husbands or the wives are leading the home
Kids are suffering
KEY POINT: CANT DEPEND ON OTHERS PRAYERS TO SAVE US
3 Things that I need to physically function everyday: Keys, wallet, and cell phone
3 Things that I need to spiritually survive is prayer, worship, and good Apostolic Preaching!
KEY POINT: YOU WONT GO OVER ON YOUR MINUTES, OR BILL, HE DOESNT HAVE CALL WAITING OR CALL FORWARDING!
WE NEED TO REMEMBER THE PREFIX RE IN OUR LIVES!
1. He has re-demed you
2. He has re-conciled you
3. He has re-stored you
4. He has re-generated you
5. He has re-fined you
6. He has re-formed you
7. He has given us re-mission
8. He has given us re-pentance
9. He has re-leased us from the power of sin
10. He has given us an eternal re-ward
11. And he is re-turning for his Church!
KEY POINT: HAVE A RE-NEWED PENTECOST EXPERIENCE
NO FEAR WHEN SERVING GOD:
1) 2 Tim 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
I. Fear=deilia (di-lee'-ah); from NT:1169; timidity:KJV fear
II. Power= dunamis (doo'-nam-is); miraculous power
III. Love=agape (ag-ah'-pay); affection or benevolence; specially (plural) a (feast of) charity.
IV. Sound Mind=sophronismos (so-fron-is-mos'); discipline, i.e. selfcontrol:KJV - sound mind.
KEY POINT: THE DEVIL HAS NO POWER OVER YOU
SHEKINAH OF GLORY (TREASURE IN OUR SERVICE):
Luke 2:8 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. (SGL)
Luke 2:9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
SHEKINAH=The visible manifestation of the presence of God
1. The same glory that filled the Tabernacle in Ex 40:35
2. The same cloud of glory that filled Solomons Temple in 2Chorn 7:2
3. The same cloud that Peter, James, & John saw during Jesus Transfiguration
4. The same cloud that filled the house during the prayer meeting in Acts 2
Church service, service leaders, and the saints of God are to desire to move with the Spirit every time the doors of the church are opened.
KEY POINT: THAT WE WOULD DESIRE to seek after the Shekinah of Glory of the Lord.
DISCIPLE=A student, learner, or pupil. In the Bible the word is used most often to refer to a follower of Jesus.
Mike Singeltary LB for the Chicago Bears analogy (Goliath Example)
KEY POINT: Discipleship is a mindset and commitment for us
YOUNG RICH RULER:
Luke 18:18 And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
Luke 18:19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.
Jesus talks to him to his understanding
The young rich ruler had a besetting sin, his love and trust in his money
KEY POINT: Its time for us get victory over our personal besetting sin
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
WORDS FOR A DISCIPLE: Commitment, Character, Respect, Courage, Passion, Vision, Humility, Holiness
There are no crown wearers in heaven, who were not cross bearers on earth
Jesus hath many lovers of his heavenly kingdom, but few bearers of his cross
We teach what we know; we reproduce what we are
Some wish to hear the word of God and others wish to receive it
No man has the mind of Christ, except him who makes it his business to obey him
Salvation is free, but discipleship will cost you your life
1. Ex 19:5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people:
2. Deut 28:12 The LORD shall open unto thee his good treasure,
3. Prov 15:6 In the house of the righteous is much treasure: but in the revenues of the wicked is trouble.
4. Prov 21:20 There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise; but a foolish man spendeth it up
5. Isa 33:6 And wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times, and strength of salvation: the fear of the LORD is his treasure.
6. Prov 2:4 If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
7. Matt 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth,
8. Matt 6:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven,
9. Matt 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
10. Col 2:3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
KEY POINT: THE WORLD THOUGHT YOUR WERE GARGAGE, BUT GOD SAY THAT YOU WERE A TREASURE!
Matt 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
1. Let him deny himself=Disown, Self will has to die to Gods ways
2. Take up his cross (Daily)=Be willing to pay the price and suffer
3. Follow me=To be like him, transformation
THERE ARE TIMES PEOPLE FALL INTO A BACK SLIDDEN STATE
They dont realize that they are actually playing spiritual roulette
They are affecting more than just there own soul, but many
STORY OF THE BOY/FATHER TAKING THE BEE STING
KEY POINT: IF YOU ARE WINNING SOULS AND SEEING GOD MOVE, YOU WONT BACK SLIDE
THE BLESSINGS OF OVERCOMING:
1. Rev 2:7 To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life,
2. Rev 2:11 He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.
3. Rev 2:17 To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written,
4. Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
5. Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life,
6. Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God,
7. Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne,
8. Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
KEY POINT: YOU ARE HEAVENS BEST WEAPON AND HELLS WORST NIGHTMARE!
A HIDDEN TREASURE NEXT TO YOU:
Philemon was an inhabitant at Colosse
Person of some note and wealth
He held church service in his home, church was held in peoples houses until about the third century.
He comforted and exhorted fellow saints.
Philem 10 I beseech thee for my son Onesimus, whom I have begotten in my bonds:
Philem 11 Which in time past was to thee unprofitable, but now profitable to thee and to me:
Was a slave for Philemon who after robbing his, he took off .
According to Roman law, a runaway slave could be punished by death
Philem 16 Not now as a servant, but above a servant, a brother beloved, specially to me, but how much more unto thee, both in the flesh, and in the Lord?
Philem 18 If he hath wronged thee, or oweth thee ought, put that on mine account;
KEY POINT: THERE ARE TREASURES ALL AROUND US TO BE UNCOVERED!
HIDDEN TREASURE IN WORSHIP:
2 Sam 6:13 And it was so, that when they that bare the ark of the LORD had gone six paces, he sacrificed oxen and fatlings.
2 Sam 6:14 And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod.
2 Sam 6:15 So David and all the house of Israel brought up the ark of the LORD with shouting, and with the sound of the trumpet.
David had the understanding of what it meant to have the Ark of the Covenant back in the house of Israel. Just took one person!
KEY POINT: THERE IS A HIDDEN TREASURE IN WORSHIP. DAVID TURNED THE CITY INTO A WORSHIP CENTER
TREASURES IN THE WORD:
2 Tim 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth
Study means to give diligence to
2 Tim 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2 Tim 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Inspiration=Divinely breathed in Correction= Reformation
Profitable=Serviceable Instruction in Righteousness= build up
Doctrine= Teaching Perfect=Complete
Reproof= For conviction Throughly furnished= To finish out
2 Tim 3:16-17
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
TREASURES IN THE WORD:
1 Tim 4:13 Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.
1 Tim 4:16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.
1. GIVE ATTENDANCE TO READING
2. HEED=To hold upon
3. CONTINUE IN THEM
4. SAVE THYSELF
5. THEM THAT HEAR THEE=Promise of God that people will be saved by preaching.
TREASURE IN REPENTANCE:
There is a difference in re-painting and re-pentance. Re-painting is on the outside and repentance is on the inside
Luke 15:17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
Luke 15:18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
Revelation=When God reveals something about himself (word/spirit)
Immutability=characteristic of God's nature which means that He does not change in His basic nature
Matt 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away
Phil 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
Prov 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge:
Prov 1:8 My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother:
Prov 4:13 Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life
Prov 12:1 Whoso loveth instruction loveth knowledge:
Prov 23:12 Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge.
Prov 23:23 Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.
Prov 9:9 Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.
Wisdom is the application of knowledge
Knowledge is the application of understanding
Understanding is the application of humility.
An ordinary man learns from his own mistakes, a wise man learns from other peoples mistakes, and fool doesnt learn at all
Gospel, Word of God, Teaching, Instruction, Exhortation, Doctrine, Good News, Preaching, Scripture, Law, Commandments, Statutes, Judgements
Admonish, Correction, Reproof, Counsel, Learning, Knowledge, Wisdom
Receive, Doer, Hear, Understanding, Keepeth, Forsake not
1. The Bald Eagle was officially declared the National Emblem of the United States in 1782.
2. Bald Eagles live near large bodies of open water where there are plenty of fish to eat and tall trees for nesting.
3. Bald Eagles can fly at speeds of about 65 miles per hour in level flight
4. 180 miles per hour in a dive.
5. They can fly to altitudes of 10,000 feet or more, and can soar aloft for hours using natural wind currents and thermal updrafts.
6. They can identify prey approx 5000 feet away
SCRIPTUAL REFERENCES TO DISCIPLESHIP: (Paraphrased)
1. Luke 14:33 whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.
2. Luke 16:13 No servant can serve two masters:
3. Luke 17:32 Remember Lot's wife.
4. Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind,
5. John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself,
6. John 12:25 he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.
7. 2 Tim 4:10 For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world,
8. 1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
9. 1 Tim 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: ,
10. Matt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
The seed of Abraham
Children of God
Children of Light
Sons of God
Salt of the Earth