SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Sword of the Spirit

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sscr01

The Sword of the Spirit

"AND TAKE THE SWORD OF THE SPIRIT, WHICH IS THE WORD OF GOD." Eph 6:17.

"Every Scripture is God breathed..." 2 Tim 3:16.

The first challenge to the Word of God was in the Garden of Eden, when Satan queried, "Yea, hath God said...?" Gen 3:1. When we question God's Word, we are on dangerous ground.

"For THE WORD OF GOD is quick and powerful and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and IS A DISCERNER OF THE THOUGHTS AND INTENTS OF THE HEART." Heb 4:12.

Jesus quoted Scripture in spiritual warfare with Satan: "It is written..." Matt 4:4,7,10.

We are to search the Scriptures to verify what we are taught: "The Bereans were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the Word with all readiness of mind, and searched the Scriptures daily, whether those things were so." Acts 17:11.

Jesus said, "Whosoever therefore shall confess Me before men, him will I confess before My Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny Me before men, him will I also deny before My Father which is in heaven.

THINK NOT THAT I COME TO SEND PEACE ON EARTH: I CAME NOT TO SEND PEACE, BUT A SWORD. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

He that loveth father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.

And he that taketh not his cross and followeth after Me, is not worthy of Me. He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for My sake shall find it.

He that receiveth you, receiveth Me, and he that receiveth Me, receiveth Him that sent Me.

He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet, shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man, shall receive a righteous man's reward." Matt 10:32-41.

Jesus said, "He that rejecteth Me and receiveth not My Words, HATH ONE THAT JUDGETH HIM, THE WORD THAT I HAVE SPOKEN, THE SAME SHALL JUDGE HIM IN THE LAST DAY. For I have not spoken of Myself; but the Father which sent Me, He gave Me a commandment, what I should say and what I should speak. And I know that His commandment is life everlasting: WHATSOEVER I SPEAK THEREFORE, EVEN AS THE FATHER SAID UNTO ME, SO I SPEAK." John 12:48-50.

"But be ye DOERS of the Word and not hearers, only, DECEIVING yourselves." Ja 1:22.

2009/4/24 16:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy