SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Earth day??

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
wind_blows

Earth day??

Hey
There are some Christians who really support this whole Earth day idea. They are all about going to the earth day festivals and stuff. I personally feel like its all just to worldly. I don't feel right about going to celebrate the earth when no one even wants to acknowledge who the creator is. I just wander if anyone else has any thoughts on this. Do you see this whole earth day could be likened to idol worship. That is how some I have had contact with seem to act but they don't see it that way.

Anyway just wandering
Your sis in Him

2009/4/22 12:14Profile

Re: Earth day??

Conservation is a biblical and godly way to live. We should not trash the earth, and we should also take care of the earth.

On the other hand...

Earth Day / Environmentalism is a religion based on the idea that the earth comes before man on the priority list, and that it is up to a certain elite few to save "mother earth". God does not fit into the equation for these people for they do not believe in God.

The whole Earth Day thing is based on pagan (specifically wiccan) religions, tho they have masked it well.

In my opinion, a Christian should ignore earth day... and recycle their papers and plastics.

Krispy

2009/4/22 12:21
wind_blows

Re:

Hey Krispy
Thanks for your comment. What you wrote is pretty much how I have always looked at it to. I do want to take care of and be a good steward of the things God has placed in my care. I have no problem turning off a light, or making sure that I don't be wasteful, but I was surprised that so many Christians want to be involved in the celebrations(that's what they are called here) When I asked someone what is it your celebrating, they said, "Why the earth of course." I was like "how can you celebrate a planet?" They did not have an answer for that. I asked if there would be anytime given to recognizing God and that the earth is His creation? They said no its not about that stuff, its about coming together to make the world a better place. They thought everyone should take part, and this was from someone professing to be a christian(I found it confusing)

It just seems like there are those who are just really deceived. This is what my experience with this whole thing has been so its interesting to me to hear what others have seen and experienced.

Your little sis in Him

2009/4/22 12:55Profile

Re:

One thing you have to understand, wind_blows, is that you just described 90% of the "church" in America. Deceived, asleep, ignorant... and I personally believe, in most cases... not even saved.

If these people truly loved the Lord and believe what His Words says then they would be more excited about leading people to the Lord than they wouuld be about Earth Day.

"Coming together to make the world a better place"? That statement alone shows how ignorant they are of God's Word.

Turn your back on these "brothers" and surround yourself with people who are serious about God. If you dont it is possible that you too could be lulled to sleep by these folks.

Krispy

2009/4/22 13:47
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Sister wind_blows…

I don’t have a problem with conservation. We should be good stewards of the world upon which God has given us dominion. My wife and I do our best to recycle and make sure that our neighborhood is clean. If we go for a walk down the street…or in a park…or along the beach…and see trash, we pick it up and place it where it should go. This isn’t because of a legal or social obligation as much as being a good steward of this world.

However, I do have a problem with environmental extremism. Environmentalism has become the “new religion” of many. People literally care so deeply about the Earth that they almost worship it. It is a religion in which people don’t believe in a real deity, but view the planet (and those upon it) as a majestic creation of a cosmic accident. So, these people line up in their preservation of “Mother Earth.”

Interestingly, the first commands given by God to humanity seemingly contradict this sort of adoration. God instructed man, “[i] Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth[/i]” (Genesis 1:28).

The first part of this command is to be “[u]fruitful and multiply[/u].” It is interesting in that two major elements of this new, man-made “morality” oppose this part of God’s instruction. [u]Homosexuality[/u] and [u]abortion[/u] – those highly embraced concepts (and almost marching orders) of godless humanism – are direct contradictions to this instruction from God. Homosexuals cannot naturally reproduce (thus, we conclude that the behavior is unnatural) and abortion obviously is the murder of children.

The second part of this command, to “[u]subdue[/u]” the earth and “[u]have dominion[/u]” over it seems to contradict the more extreme environmentalists and animal rights activists. We are taught to [u]revere[/u] the Earth. In fact, this “new morality” even underhandedly created its own “holiday” – Earth Day – in which people are supposed to display reverence to the Earth through environmental service. Animal rights groups, like PETA, also try to paint humans as just another animal that lives upon the Earth. They want to [u]forbid human beings from eating animals[/u] (although animals seem content to eat other animals…and even humans). Certain countries even have attempted to give legal “human rights” to apes.

I feel that believers should be good examples of proper stewardship. We should not litter or destroy this world with pollution. However, some pollution should be expected simply because of our primary position in this world. You could never please many of the most extreme environmentalists unless we reverted back to mud huts and refuse to take part in the natural order of this world to which God gave us dominion. We are not mere animals. We are the only beings created in the image of God.

Yet that isn’t the rally cry of humanists. Their rally cry is echoed by the words of John Lennon in his song, [i]Imagine[/i]. This seems to be the national anthem of the “new morality.”

Quote:

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

This sort of godless humanism is a complete contradiction to God’s plan for mankind. Satan would love for mankind to “imagine that there is no Heaven…Hell…or religion too.” This is a strong delusion. It is echoed in those who embrace homosexuality, abortion, Earth worship, animal rights, and anarchy. It is reflected in the mysterious George Guidestones built by some anonymous humanists (also known as the “American Stonehenge” or “Ten Commandments of Liberalism.” These stones are almost religious artifacts that proclaim this “new morality” – including precepts that contradict God’s command to “be fruitful and multiply” and “have dominion over the earth.” It is an ideology that promotes homosexuality, abortion to control the population….a one world language….dominion over faith….a one world court….and to prevent human beings from being a “cancer on the Earth” in order to “leave room for nature.” Consider this monument to liberal humanism:
Quote:
Maintain humanity under 500,000,000
In perpetual balance with nature

Guide reproduction wisely —
Improving fitness and diversity

Unite humanity with a living
New language

Rule passion — faith — tradition
And all things
With tempered reason

Protect people and nations
With fair laws and just courts

Let all nations rule internally
Resolving external disputes
In a world court

Avoid petty laws and useless
officials

Balance personal rights with
Social duties.

Prize truth — beauty — love —
Seeking harmony with the
Infinite

Be not a cancer on the earth —
Leave room for nature —
Leave room for nature

Ironically, this demonic monument echoes much of what certain politicians are proclaiming today. They promote the demonic practices of abortion, homosexuality and environmentalism while criticizing the beliefs of the Bride of Christ. These humanists prefer to protect animals, trees and even rocks than the lives of unborn babies. The major media embraces this “new morality.” Over the past decade, they have increasingly painted believers as mindless “fanatics” while treating this new morality as “normal.”

The Good News?

Our Lord will not tarry forever. He will one day return to this world to judge the living and the dead. No one will escape His judgment (Revelation 20:12-13). John Lennon will be there. Something tells me that he won’t be breaking out in a rendition of [i]Imagine[/i]. Instead, he will break out into a cry of “[i]Jesus is Lord[/i]” (Philippians 2:10-11).

2009/4/22 13:55Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

By the way...

I was upset that, beginning in 2002, Google and Yahoo stopped showing a special logo for the Easter weekend and replaced it with an Earth Day logo. While I don't really celebrate "Easter" (although I do remember the death and resurrection of our Lord...and sometimes participate in the Passover Seders), it is interesting to note where these San Francisco Bay Area based companies stand in regard to what days merit such a logo. They had such special logos for Easter and Christmas...but stopped.

Believe it or not, this year, Google even had a special "Darwin logo" commemorating his birthday. They celebrate the birth of Darwin but neglect the birth of the Lord. I guess there will be a move soon to remove "AD" ("[i]In the year of our Lord[/i]") and "BC" ("[i]Before Christ[/i]") from our dates.

:-(

2009/4/22 19:44Profile
freedomfighter

Essex England

Re: Earth day??

Nothing new the Asherah pole [see Kings/Judges etc.]was a phallic symbol used to worship the Earth
it represented the earth's fertility don't fret about it just tell them Jesus loves them and he created the earth,everything in it, and it is held together by him 8-) 8-) 8-)

2009/5/4 12:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy