SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Why not have a PEA POD in every town instead of a tea party?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Why not have a PEA POD in every town instead of a tea party?

Prayerless
Enough
Already

Petitioning
Omnipotent
Demonstration

It wouldn’t even have to have any kind of catchy title . . . just some meeting somewhere in every town . . . some upper room where concerned Christians who believe in the power of God would meet together and tarry until we were endued with power from on high, and we saw God’s power demonstrated.

If God demonstrated His power at this time it might be another Katrina or 911, but if concerned Christians meet together to petition a preparation for His demonstration, then there could be revival instead of ruin.

If you are in the Monroe – West Monroe area of LA feel free to write me at mdstrickland@yahoo.com to discuss getting together for such a meeting. Several years ago when the ACLU struck West Monroe High School because of prayer in school, we had a prayer rally that filled the West Monroe High School stadium. One of the speakers was the son of Madelyn Murray O'Hare who was the very subject of prayers being removed from public schools.

It is one thing to rally together and cheer our support for prayer in public places. It is another come together in one place and lift up our voices to God with one accord.

I am appealing for every concerned Christian in every town to meet with other concerned Christians in your area and call on God together in one place . . . lifting up your voices to God with one accord:

Acts 4:23 ¶And being let go, they went to their own company, and reported all that the chief priests and elders had said unto them.
24 And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is:
25 Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things?
26 The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ.
27 For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,
28 For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.
29 And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word,
30 By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.
31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

2009/4/19 1:28Profile
HeartSong

Re: Why not have a PEA POD in every town instead of a tea party?

These verses were just brought forth at a prayer meeting I attended last week:

Quote:
Acts 4:23 ¶And being let go, they went to their own company, and reported all that the chief priests and elders had said unto them. 24 And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is: 25 Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things? 26 The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ. 27 For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together, 28 For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done. 29 And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word, 30 By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus. 31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

Along with this:

[b]Psalm 2[/b]

1Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

2The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,

3Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

4He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall have them in derision.

5Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

6Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

7I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

8Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

9Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

10Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.

11Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

12Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

2009/4/19 2:01Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy