SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Tea Party's

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Tea Party's

As many of you are probably aware, today hundreds if not thousands of cities throughout our country had "Tea Party's" in memory of the great Boston Tea Party years ago. I'm not personally big into politics, but today I participated in one in Charlotte, NC at the city hall. Probably 2-3,000 people showed up. I thought I'd share some of my pictures of what might be a historic day in our nation.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Jimmy.Humphrey/2009TeaParty?feat=directlink#

2009/4/15 20:51Profile

Re: Tea Party's

They had 1,500 people show up at the tea party in little ol' Asheville, NC.... and the local news, Channel 13, totally ignored it.

6 months ago 1 wiccan hippie chick parked herself under a magnolia tree in Asheville to protest it being scheduled to be cut down... and Channel 13 did a live report from "the tree" every night for a month.

12 sodomites showed up a couple months to protest something in Asheville... and Channel 13 talked about it for 2 days.

1,500 people showed up yesterday for a tea party... and not one word on Channel 13.

I'm supposed to believe there is no media bias??

Krispy

2009/4/16 8:13
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Yeah, not even all the local news stations in Charlotte showed up to cover it. It looks like only 2 or 3. And I thought, it's not often that many people gather together in uptown Charlotte of all places, except for a concert or professional sports game. Yet, it received very little attention. I'm dying to know if the local paper even covered it.

2009/4/16 8:15Profile

Re:

By the way... I think the "tea parties" are GREAT! This is what made America great. Common everyday people demanding that they be heard.

I'm sure there are some well meaning Christians who dont think we should participate in things like this... but y'all know what? For the first time in a LOOOOONG time I feel like my time spent in the Marines was worth something. I feel like maybe I played a role in securing freedoms and rights that allow things like yesterday to happen.

I hope this movement just gets bigger and bigger and bigger... and that it is coupled with a massive revival. Wouldnt that be awesome?

Krispy

2009/4/16 8:21

Re:

I've been in that crowd for Panthers games. Thats what I like about Charlotte... you can jump off the highway and be in downtown in about 2 mins, and it doesnt take long to get out of there.

Krispy

2009/4/16 8:23

Re:

I just talked w/ a friend who told me that Channel 13 did do a piece on the tea party during it's 6 o'clock news. I saw the 11 o'clock news and there was nothing about it.

So I need to retract, they did cover it with a small piece. But it's certainly not the coverage that the 1 lone tree hugger or the sodomites received.

(they should have cut that tree down and used one of it's branches to fashion a broom out of, and then that wiccan could have been a real witch!)

Krispy

2009/4/16 8:47
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Watching the Tea Parties and waiting for what is to come. Someone on the other side *acting as a Tea Party member* will throw the first punch and the innocent will be blamed. Martial Law will be enacted and the heavy hand of the Government will slam down on all of us. The scenario plays out in my mind as if it were scripted by Hollywood. It is blatantly clear, just as a red sky at morning means storms brewing.

This is not something I want or even fear, just what I see coming.

I have been praying for Jesus to increase my strength. He is doing so but the growing process is painful. My Step Father died before we could get to see him. Pray for my family, please, they believe they are saved but they are in mortal danger. I praise Jesus for His faithfulness in answering my prayer and stand on

Quote:
Romans 8:28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

His will be done,
white stone

2009/4/16 12:15Profile

Re:

White_Stone... sorry to hear of your loss, and you are very much in my prayers.

As to your first paragraph, I refuse to be so negative. I still believe in the power of God to turn a nation around. He did it over and over again with Israel.

If the hammer comes down, let it. May I be the first to die, for I will not live under a tyrannical government unless it is a direct order from God to be in a land that has one in order to reach the lost.

Krispy

2009/4/16 13:12

Re: Tea Party's

I wonder what sets us apart from the thinking of the world.

We have a million excuses for not being "as He was in the world" but what of Paul saying "follow me as I follow Christ" ?

Can we see either at these protests?

What sets us apart in the world?

2009/4/16 13:48

Re:

Clarify for this dumb hillbilly... I dont understand your question.

Krispy

2009/4/16 14:07

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy