SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Precious Stones Question

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
HeartSong

Precious Stones Question

A while back the Lord had me focused on the precious stones found in scripture (there is a thread around here somewhere that I started).

One thing that I noticed when I diagrammed the Breastplate of Judgment (Exodus 28:15-21 & Exodus 39:8-14) was that none of the stones in the third row appear in the list of precious stones that were coverings (Ezekiel 28:13) but all of the other stones are included.

Yesterday I realized that each stone represented one of the tribes of Israel, and I thought that there might be a connection, but I found that the only thing they had in common was that they were all sons of the handmaids of Rachel and Leah, but then so was Asher (row 4).

Another thing that they have in common is that they are all on the list of "And these shall stand upon mount Ebal to curse" (see Deuteronomy 27:13) - but then again so is Asher (row 4) as well as Reuben (row 1) and Zebulun (row 2).

Does anyone know of a reason why Row 3 (Ligure/Dan, Agate/Naphtali, Amethyst/Gad) would be excluded from the list of precious stones as coverings?

2009/4/14 0:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy